Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    So, I'd think the smart play for Putin would be to keep this at the cold war level.

Enough to justify keeping troops on the border and playing games in Ukraine, but not enough to justify a full hot war between NATO and him.

Putin gains prestige internally, so long as a hot war doesn't start. He can gain concessions from NATO because he's got their nuts in vise with Russian fuel exports. Gonna be a cold winter in Europe if those pipelines aren't kept open.

Putin is a rational actor and will work for the best interests of Russia (or whatever they call themselves now.)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So, I'd think the smart play for Putin would be to keep this at the cold war level.

Enough to justify keeping troops on the border and playing games in Ukraine, but not enough to justify a full hot war between NATO and him.

Putin gains prestige internally, so long as a hot war doesn't start. He can gain concessions from NATO because he's got their nuts in vise with Russian fuel exports. Gonna be a cold winter in Europe if those pipelines aren't kept open.

Putin is a rational actor and will work for the best interests of Russia (or whatever they call themselves now.)

XXr54t6.png

I'm not so sure they have much to fear.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    XXr54t6.png

I'm not so sure they have much to fear.

I would note, if there is a queer/blm supporter on deck painting that bomb before it goes off to blow up stuff, as long as they are doing their job, not a hot mess and not effecting their unit... well, if their unit don't have a real problem with it, then I don't. I would assume there are ways of taking care of them if they were a hot mess.

Of course, that's even assuming the picture is real, or that it's not just a practical joke on whoever gets bombed.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    And by Cold War levels, replays of the Yugoslavian wars, and Chechen campaigns ( I and II ) can't be discounted.

The Yugoslav Wars were a series of separate but related ethnic conflicts, wars of independence, and insurgencies fought in the former Yugoslavia from 1991 to 2001, leading up to and resulting from the breakup of the Yugoslav federation in 1992. Its constituent republics declared independence due to unresolved tensions between ethnic minorities in the new countries, which fueled the wars.

If I were Russia or China, the best possible outcome in world power is a divided, bickering USA, even better if the "United States" is the Confederation of Red versus the Peoples Republic of Blue.

Want to freak Europe out, start pushing the "NATO has outlived it's usefulness" meme.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I’m curious how much of this is for show to ramp up approval ratings and how much is actually factual. I think it’s probably 50/50. I think Russia has a desire to take Ukraine back, but I think media is blowing it out of proportion, like usual. I guess we’ll see soon enough.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Related??

China and Taiwan
    Iran vs whoever they want to F with
    Russia vs whoever they want to F with

[All agreed to for their Biden 2020 support, wink, wink, nod, nod, norms, norms]

Gee, but no mean tweets right...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Putin knows that any outside force could not take over Russia in a conventional war. Reference a guy named Hitler and what happened on their eastern front. Putin doesn’t care about his potential troop losses. He is safely tucked away thousands of miles from the fighting.

What he also knows is that if he sucks the USA into a conventional war, our economy would probably not be able to sustain it. About what Reagan/Bush1 did to the former Soviet Union.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I’m curious how much of this is for show to ramp up approval ratings and how much is actually factual. I think it’s probably 50/50. I think Russia has a desire to take Ukraine back, but I think media is blowing it out of proportion, like usual. I guess we’ll see soon enough.
    It’s sort of turning out that way. It’ll turn into a nothingburger that Biden will try to use to bolster his awful approval rating. I don’t see how any country benefits from actually fighting a hot war.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Some retired general was on FNC just now. He expects invasion around the start of the olympics so that people's attention is diverted. Retired Gen Jack Keene says Putin will want to have the invasion done before about mid march because the ground will thaw and heavy armor can go through mud but it is a slog.

I think other than stomping his foot and making a puckered look, we will let it go as Obama did in Crimea (maybe some sanction, talk mean about Putin, etc.). Otherwise our choices will become pretty stark.
    1. Admit defeat at some point
    2. Use tactical nukes
    3. Start the draft and prepare for a long ground war.

And that is why other than giving the Ukraine to them (we will supply some military equipment but so what), there are no choices that we are prepared accept.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Russian troop deployments around Ukraine have not changed in a over a year. So what is different now than then?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone up for some tinfoil hat material? Not a word of this from anyone else.

I take this with a truckload of salt until there is some corroboration.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It’s sort of turning out that way. It’ll turn into a nothingburger that Biden will try to use to bolster his awful approval rating. I don’t see how any country benefits from actually fighting a hot war.
    I agree, but this seems like an opportunity for Putin to flex and Biden to be weak....and Putin obviously knows that.

There will be no hot war...with the U.S. involved, because if it looks like that is coming, Biden will declare the mission a success and pull our people out. Then Russia can invade.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Russian troop deployments around Ukraine have not changed in a over a year. So what is different now than then?

The need to divert attention from somewhere else? Government has run out of shiny things to give us... Russia has leverage with the Biden's corrupt deals in the Ukraine, and the Biden's have 31 Billion(?) invested in China

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Advisory role...

The presence of U.S. special operators is part of a small American military contingent that remains in Ukraine. There are also more than 100 Florida National Guard troops in Ukraine in an advisory role, Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said Tuesday.

YEEEE HAWWW!!!!

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Anyone up for some tinfoil hat material? Not a word of this from anyone else.

I take this with a truckload of salt until there is some corroboration.

Post #310...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh wait...you guys know that the troop deployment rumors aren't rumors, right? Other countries are sending (minimal) troops planes and ships, and some U.S. troops are on alert.

This smells tripwiry...but Like I said, Biden will stand down or pull out even if there is deployment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom