Russia vs Ukraine anyone watching this ignite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Why is it seemingly acceptable for Putin to want buffer states between him and NATO, but seen as an aggressive move when NATO looks to create more buffer states on their side?
    How old are you?
    I only ask because I was a senior in high school when the wall fell in Germany.When I was in elementary school in Peterville Indiana the basement of the school was a fallout shelter,and we drilled for tornado's,but even that late in the cold war the shelter still had supplies(civil defense drums and loads of shelving full of things I had not clue about) and signs it was a fallout shelter.
    I remember the talks that led up to the soviet union accepting members leaving,and our agreement not to expand NATO.

We expanded NATO all the way to Russia already. Ukraine though is different as it puts missiles 6 minutes from Moscow,and Crimea was(even before the Soviet Union)home to the Russian black sea fleet.

Both sides had a buffers,expanding NATO eliminated it.

Last edited:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I do not hate anyone. I see Putin and Zelenskyy exactly the same. They are both being used.
    I would rather everyone focus on our own interest,but Putin is being painted as the enemy...so I simply showed things about Zelenskyy that give people more information.
    They may all be shady, corrupt rulers, but Zelensky is not the one crossing borders in an attempt to expand his territory killing civilians along the way.

What these people do within their own borders is mostly their own business, but this incursion is just unacceptable.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    They may all be shady, corrupt rulers, but Zelensky is not the one crossing borders in an attempt to expand his territory killing civilians along the way.

What these people do within their own borders is mostly their own business, but this incursion is just unacceptable.
    Zelensky and his predecessor silenced and killed anyone who disagreed with him. I did not hear you mention Ukraine for the last 8 years of shelling,raping,kidnapping,sex trafficking,looting,and murder of civilians in Donbas and Donetsk. Over 10k known dead in those areas,mostly from shelling. Almost half of the Rada vanished or was found dead in the days following our sponsored Maiden revolution.

I posted this earlier. Just a few days before the invasion.

I have posted links to the UN Human rights watch reports,and OSCE reports.

I am not defending Putin. But this mess is largely our fault,and we should do what the EU and NATO(Germany confirmed Friday Ukraine will never be a part of it)did...and walk away.

We have no business in the EU. We should not even be in NATO. We are not the world police.

Putin did warn Ukraine to stop shelling civilians or he would intervene.UN,NATO total silence.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    How old are you?
    I only ask because I was a senior in high school when the wall fell in Germany.When I was in elementary school in Peterville Indiana the basement of the school was a fallout shelter,and we drilled for tornado's,but even that late in the cold war the shelter still had supplies(civil defense drums and loads of shelving full of things I had not clue about) and signs it was a fallout shelter.
    I remember the talks that led up to the soviet union accepting members leaving,and our agreement not to expand NATO.

We expanded NATO all the way to Russia already. Ukraine though is different as it puts missiles 6 minutes from Moscow,and Crimea was(even before the Soviet Union)home to the Russian black sea fleet.

But the fact checkers are now telling anyone that will listen that the agreement to not expand NATO east is a myth, never happened.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    But the fact checkers are now telling anyone that will listen that the agreement to not expand NATO east is a myth, never happened.
    It is a sad time is it not? Rewriting history to be the narrative they want.
    At this point if a fact checker says it is false,partly true,mostly false I know it is likely to be 100% true,and if they say it is true I know it is 100% a lie. So does anyone that understands actual history.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Zelensky and his predecessor silenced and killed anyone who disagreed with him.
    Sounds just like the Clintons to me, yet they are still here.

I have posted links to the UN Human rights watch reports,and OSCE reports.
    Well, where have they been all this time? Maybe the UN should have been doing their job.

I am not defending Putin. But this mess is largely Clintons, Boehner, Bidens fault,and we should do what the EU and NATO(Germany confirmed Friday Ukraine will never be a part of it)did...and walk away.
    ftfy - These and likely many others have been profiting from Ukraine at our (and the rest of the worlds) expense far too long. Our own house needs cleaned up as well, but we know that will never happen.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    At this point if a fact checker says it is false,partly true,mostly false I know it is likely to be 100% true,and if they say it is true I know it is 100% a lie. So does anyone that understands actual history.

"The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became the truth."

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yes it is sad.

People have lost the ability to think for themselves, they just believe what the media tells them. It has been shown time and time again how trustworthy the media is and people still just refuse to pay attention.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    How old are you?

Countries in Eastern Europe wouldn't have joined NATO if they weren't uneasy of Russian expansion. Surly people see that the only reason Putin hasn't invaded he Baltic States is due to their alliance to NATO? They were independent for years after the Russian Empire collapsed then the USSR invaded during the interwar years.

Besides, if other countries want to join NATO, they should be able to (including Russia, though that ship has probably sailed for good now). The countries that join view it has becoming more aligned with the West, which is clearly part of their strategic goals, as well as for security. Lastly, many of theses Eastern European countries joined after Putin came to power. I'll never forgot the article I read during Putin's assault on Georgia. The journalist was interviewing a Ukrainian and they said something along the lines of "first Georgia and Ukraine will be next." Bare with me since that was 14 years ago but I think it was a Newsweek article.

Last edited:

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte

As of the morning of March 6, Russia lost about 11,000 servicemen, about 300 tanks, more than 40 aircraft & 48 helicopters. Dozens of artillery systems were destroyed. Ukrainians did all this in 10 days. And they will do more (sic)," an advisor to Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy tweeted on Sunday.
    I haven’t seen any evidence of this, but haven’t gone looking. Let Putin have Ukraine and it will be another Afghanistan for him. Not our problem.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Man you guy’s are knocking it out of the park on political mess.

On the military side the 40 mile convoy proves the Ukrainian military is in bad shape. Little or no air support left same with long range artillery. Plus little or no offensive capability it’s a ripe target.

Imagine if you will a 40 mile enemy convoy on 37 ? What do you think the results would be ?

This leads me to believe the Ukrainian hipster Army is just pictures.

The Aircraft deal is a mess we need to stay out away from. Poland and other countries want to basically trade MIG 29‘s for American aircraft and parts and training both ground and pilots which we pay for. WTF

Most likely situation aircraft take off from Poland and are immediately identified as enemy. Russian long rang systems will fire as soon as they clear the polish air space. If any survive Russian fighters will be on the quickly.

If they do find a place to land the Russians will make a point to destroy them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But how would that help get politicians to vote to keep spending more tax dollars on widgets for the military?
    The widgets would be more technologically advanced and capable, need upgrade/replacement on a shorter cycle and we might have turned against China's goals 30 years ago and be in full Cold War with them

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Man you guy’s are knocking it out of the park on political mess.

On the military side the 40 mile convoy proves the Ukrainian military is in bad shape. Little or no air support left same with long range artillery. Plus little or no offensive capability it’s a ripe target.

Imagine if you will a 40 mile enemy convoy on 37 ? What do you think the results would be ?

This leads me to believe the Ukrainian hipster Army is just pictures.

The Aircraft deal is a mess we need to stay out away from. Poland and other countries want to basically trade MIG 29‘s for American aircraft and parts and training both ground and pilots which we pay for. WTF

Most likely situation aircraft take off from Poland and are immediately identified as enemy. Russian long rang systems will fire as soon as they clear the polish air space. If any survive Russian fighters will be on the quickly.

If they do find a place to land the Russians will make a point to destroy them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I feel we lost a good opportunity to destroy them completely when we refused to allow General Patton to attack and kill them off. He no doubt would have done the job.
    By the end of WWII we were unstoppable.
    If we were going to let a general slip the chain, I would have preferred it was MacArthur and the Red Chinese were on the receiving end

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ukraine had one privately owned firearm per every 10 people (9.9 per 100.) This of course was before "The Great AK and Benelli Giveaway of 2022".

The Falkland Islands are #2 per capita on the list. They were invaded by Argentina 40 years ago. I don't think they've forgotten.

Great Britain received a large number of private firearms from the US in 1940 when it was looking like Germany was going to invade. They forgot in 1945.

Nice to see the Finns made the top 10. They haven't forgotten, either

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom