• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You think Perot runs didn't help Clinton?

1+0+0=2? I've got a bone to pick with my old math teachers.

Is Clinton's victories the fault of the voters or the fault of the republican party for the turds they ran against him? Did we lose more liberty under Clinton or Bush?

ETA: let me clarify. I was talking about Bush 2

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    I refuse to believe in gravity. That is a suckers game that has been proven not to work.

I'll step out of an airplane without a parachute even if I want to.

Gravity is more than a suggestion, its the law. And it has been working for quite some time. Voting for your prefered team in the two party system has not been working at all. Show me where my liberty has steadily increased in the last 100 years...then I will take your advise.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    We have the government that the majority of voters deserve.

You think Obama would have won if Bush hadn't soured so many voters? An unhappy voting base is motivated to vote for a change. Just like almost every othe presidential election, the populace will tire of Obama and vote in the next republican. That republican will grow government and they'll vote in the next democrat. Was, rinse, repeat.

Well, you could improve the Republican party by working with it instead of wasting your time on fringe 3rd party candidates... but that probably sounds too easy for those with a martyr complex.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Wow, you cant recognize a hypothetical for what it is. A hypothetical.

I didn't vote for Obama so therefore I'm not repsponsible for what he does. You voted for romney's tyranny.

Since we are speaking of a specific election in a specific time frame with specific then why are you wasting your time trying to develop a "hypothetical".

Never said you voted for him... but you helped get him elected. Same difference.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    If voting for steak while the rest of you vote for a **** sandwich makes ME the the bad guy, then our country truly is doomed. And whether we collapse in 8 years or 12 makes no difference to me. The end result is still the same. You're voting for the difference. Nothing more.

Your "steak" is a pretty mirage but if you want to keep believing in fantasy don't let me get in your way.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well, you could improve the Republican party by working with it instead of wasting your time on fringe 3rd party candidates... but that probably sounds too easy for those with a martyr complex.

How does the republican party treat libertarian leaning voters? They've made it pretty well known there is no room for us. The repubs hate Paul far worse than the dems do.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Since we are speaking of a specific election in a specific time frame with specific then why are you wasting your time trying to develop a "hypothetical".

Never said you voted for him... but you helped get him elected. Same difference.

1+0+0=2. Einstein had nothing on you.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Gravity is more than a suggestion, its the law. And it has been working for quite some time. Voting for your prefered team in the two party system has not been working at all. Show me where my liberty has steadily increased in the last 100 years...then I will take your advise.

A person winning the presidency from either the republican or democrat party is almost as much of a given as gravity. If you want to deny that history, go ahead.

And if you want your liberty to "steadily increase" then you're going to have to work for it. Throwing away a vote on someone who is not able to do a minuscule thing to increase your liberty is up to you. Go for it. And that is my advice.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    How does the republican party treat libertarian leaning voters? They've made it pretty well known there is no room for us. The repubs hate Paul far worse than the dems do.

Throw in the towel and give up. That's my advice when you don't get your way. If at first you don't succeed -- quit. No sense making a damn fool of yourself.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    A person winning the presidency from either the republican or democrat party is almost as much of a given as gravity. If you want to deny that history, go ahead.

And if you want your liberty to "steadily increase" then you're going to have to work for it. Throwing away a vote on someone who is not able to do a minuscule thing to increase your liberty is up to you. Go for it. And that is my advice.

A repub or dem growing government is almost as much a given as gravity.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Throw in the towel and give up. That's my advice when you don't get your way. If at first you don't succeed -- quit. No sense making a damn fool of yourself.

Who's the fool? The guy that realizes he can't make ad difference or the guy who THINKS he is making a difference?

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Who's the fool? The guy that realizes he can't make ad difference or the guy who THINKS he is making a difference?

Well, since by your own admission you're not a Republican I would say that you have no clue, and no way to buy a clue, as to what difference is being made in the party.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well, since by your own admission you're not a Republican I would say that you have no clue, and no way to buy a clue, as to what difference is being made in the party.

Is Romney more or less conservative than McCain? Was McCain more or less conservative than Bush 2? Was Bush 2 more or less conservative than Dole? Was dole more or less conservative than Bush 1? Was Bush 1 more or less conservative than Reagan?

That's 32 years of republican nominees and presidents. Do you notice a trend with each passing one? Is it a trend you support? Is it a trend you see reversing any time soon?

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Is Romney more or less conservative than McCain? Was McCain more or less conservative than Bush 2? Was Bush 2 more or less conservative than Dole? Was dole more or less conservative than Bush 1? Was Bush 1 more or less conservative than Reagan?

That's 32 years of republican nominees and presidents. Do you notice a trend with each passing one? Is it a trend you support? Is it a trend you see reversing any time soon?

Actually the real question is "were the folk you just named more or less conservative than their Democrat counterparts?"

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom