• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I dont remember anyone I voted for approving her for the appointment, but then again, I dont vote Republican.

So Roe v Wade was just about to be repealed right? And the patriot act was, well, PATRIOTIC (Obama LOVES it, just look at what he can make it do!) No child gets an education...errr left behind. They exacerbate the problem in some cases more that the democrats.

Mitt would save us if only we would vote for him!

Don't forget the 190 house republicans who voted for NDAA.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    You can quote that all you want. It doesn't change anything. You're still voting for a plate of dung no matter how many ways you try to justify it. So enjoy your **** sandwich. You've earned it.

:)

Get back to me after you help your boy, Obama, get back into the White House.

[That concept of bad choice and worse choice always gets those who think in black and whtie. They just can't get their mind wrapped arouind it.]

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I refuse to play a game of "its either this or that". That is a suckers game that has been proven not to work.

I vote liberty even If I have to write it in.

I refuse to believe in gravity. That is a suckers game that has been proven not to work.

I'll step out of an airplane without a parachute even if I want to.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

[That concept of bad choice and worse choice always gets those who think in black and whtie. They just can't get their mind wrapped arouind it.]

For my non vote or third party vote to help Obama, you must first assume that there was a possibility that my vote was going to Romney.

A vote for Romney puts a plus 1 on romneys vote count.

A vote for Obama puts a plus 1 on Obama's vote count.

A vote for a third party puts a plus 1 on that candidates vote count.

Please explain how a vote for 1 candidate puts a plus 1 on 2 candidate's vote counts.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    The real thing you are doing is laying the groundwork for FUTURE candidates for president by accepting your current choices.

You give them your approval when you vote for them, and so you should expect more crappy choices in the future.

You lay the groundwork for your desired candidate by finding and identifying the proper person, getting out and working hard for him. and seeing that he has enough funding to make it feasible. If he's not persuasive enough in the primaries then he certainly is not going to win a general vote.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    You do know how the 'quote' and 'multi quote' functions work right? If not, you might want to brush up on that.

No, actually I don't. I never noticed it before. How about a quick lesson in case I am missing something important.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Mitt would save us if only we would vote for him!

I don't recall anyone stating that, Perhaps you can enlighten us as to where you heard it and from whom?

Perhaps what you might be confusing it with is the idea that Mitt will save us from another term of Obama being in office, who did give us that "wise latina" who will take your 2nd Amendment rights away in a heartbeat if she gets one more vote on the SCOTUS.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    For my non vote or third party vote to help Obama, you must first assume that there was a possibility that my vote was going to Romney.

A vote for Romney puts a plus 1 on romneys vote count.

A vote for Obama puts a plus 1 on Obama's vote count.

A vote for a third party puts a plus 1 on that candidates vote count.

Please explain how a vote for 1 candidate puts a plus 1 on 2 candidate's vote counts.

Easy... because we are voting on who will be president...not on who we want in our heart to be president. If you believe that there is 100 percent compatibility, no difference at all, not a single philosophical disagreement between R and O then, for you, it really doesn't make a difference if you vote for a third party.

But for those of us who live in the real world instead of fantasy and understand there is major, substantial differences between the only two actual candidates that the section is made from. The election is going to affect our freedom and the country for generations. A third party vote by anyone who proclaims to be on the side of freedom is one less for the better of the two, real candidates (one of which is going to win whether you like it or not.)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

I wrapped my mind around it just fine for decades, and look where we are as a result of me and lots of other people wrapping their minds around it.
    So enjoy your sandwich. I'm not playing that losing game anymore. That YOU can't wrap YOUR mind around the true reality of the situation is no reflection on me.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Easy... because we are voting on who will be president...not on who we want in our heart to be president. If you believe that there is 100 percent compatibility, no difference at all, not a single philosophical disagreement between R and O then, for you, it really doesn't make a difference if you vote for a third party.

But for those of us who live in the real world instead of fantasy and understand there is major, substantial differences between the only two actual candidates that the section is made from. The election is going to affect our freedom and the country for generations. A third party vote by anyone who proclaims to be on the side of freedom is one less for the better of the two, real candidates (one of which is going to win whether you like it or not.)

So by voting for Romney, you will take personal responsibility for any infringements of liberty Romney imposes on me? I can take all Romney voters to court and sue them for my loss of liberty?

Your vote for Romney is a 100% endorsement for everything he does. I haven't seen a ballot yet that allows me to vote for a candidate and which parts of his agenda I support.

Let's assume Obama gets 40% of the vote, Romney gets 25% of the vote, and the third party candidate gets 35% of the vote. Obama wins. What questions will the republican party ask themselves? Do you think they'll take the message they need to actually consider Libertarian ideas or will they run further left the next election?

Just how different are republicans than democrats today? 190 house republicans voted for NDAA.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I wrapped my mind around it just fine for decades, and look where we are as a result of me and lots of other people wrapping their minds around it.
    So enjoy your sandwich. I'm not playing that losing game anymore. That YOU can't wrap YOUR mind around the true reality of the situation is no reflection on me.

Obama as president four more years = "true reality of the situation"

But if that's okay with you, don't let me stand in your way.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    So by voting for Romney, you will take personal responsibility for any infringements of liberty Romney imposes on me? I can take all Romney voters to court and sue them for my loss of liberty?

Only if you take personal responsibility for any infringements of liberty Obama imposes on me? I can take all third party voters to court and sue them for my loss of liberty?

Your vote for Romney is a 100% endorsement for everything he does. I haven't seen a ballot yet that allows me to vote for a candidate and which parts of his agenda I support.

You don't quite grasp how politics and our government works, eh.

Let's assume Obama gets 40% of the vote, Romney gets 25% of the vote, and the third party candidate gets 35% of the vote. Obama wins. What questions will the republican party ask themselves? Do you think they'll take the message they need to actually consider Libertarian ideas or will they run further left the next election?

As I said... living in fantasy land of thinking that a libertarian candidate will take 35 percent of the vote this November.

Just how different are republicans than democrats today? 190 house republicans voted for NDAA.

I am not responsible for everything the republicans do any more than you are responsible for everything the Libetarians choose to do.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

We have the government that the majority of voters deserve.

You think Obama would have won if Bush hadn't soured so many voters? An unhappy voting base is motivated to vote for a change. Just like almost every othe presidential election, the populace will tire of Obama and vote in the next republican. That republican will grow government and they'll vote in the next democrat. Was, rinse, repeat.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Only if you take personal responsibility for any infringements of liberty Obama imposes on me? I can take all third party voters to court and sue them for my loss of liberty?

You don't quite grasp how politics and our government works, eh.

As I said... living in fantasy land of thinking that a libertarian candidate will take 35 percent of the vote this November.

I am not responsible for everything the republicans do any more than you are responsible for everything the Libetarians choose to do.

Wow, you cant recognize a hypothetical for what it is. A hypothetical.

I didn't vote for Obama so therefore I'm not repsponsible for what he does. You voted for romney's tyranny.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

If voting for steak while the rest of you vote for a **** sandwich makes ME the the bad guy, then our country truly is doomed. And whether we collapse in 8 years or 12 makes no difference to me. The end result is still the same. You're voting for the difference. Nothing more.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If voting for steak while the rest of you vote for a **** sandwich makes ME the the bad guy, then our country truly is doomed. And whether we collapse in 8 years or 12 makes no difference to me. The end result is still the same. You're voting for the difference. Nothing more.

Voting for steak sounds like a good idea. It is about time to eat!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom