• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If That Nasty Woman would have won I would have been disappointed, but I still would have got up the next day, went to work, continued to work and try to contribute the best I can.

Protest? Really wouldnt have been a reasonable thing to consider if the results were inverted.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    When bush won, I went to class.

When obama won, I went to work.

when trump won, I went to work.

my protesting is limited to social media, emails To congress critters and complaining to my wife.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Protesters in Chicago were blocking roads yesterday. Excellent, show your hate for Trump by harassing the people in a city that voted heavily for Hillary.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hey look....a squirrel.Why did it take a Democratic black president to finally put Democratic minorities in positions of power? Hummmm?

I'm missing the relevance for this particular thread. So before I make any assumptions? Jamil?!

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    When bush won, I went to class.

When obama won, I went to work.

when trump won, I went to work.

my protesting is limited to social media, emails To congress critters and complaining to my wife.
    I do not think the rioter's remember Jesse Jackson's famous words after Benton Harbor Mich.was in flames in 2003."People,you don"t burn your own homes!"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I do not think the rioter's remember Jesse Jackson's famous words after Benton Harbor Mich.was in flames in 2003."People,you don"t burn your own homes!"

I'm calling for a fact check. I've looked, and haven't been able to find that reference. I'm not saying he didn't say that, but it's a pretty large claim to suggest that Jesse Jackson implied that people should take their rioting across the bridge and make other people suffer. I personally find that difficult to believe, especially, since obviously it wasn't done. I think it's fair to ask you to support your claim, lest people will take it as factual. The only thing I could find was below.

Rev. Jackson challenges riot-torn city to heal - The Blade

Jackson Visits Riot-Troubled Mich. City - Plainview Daily Herald

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, yeah! It says a lot about your playing style. The color you choose determines who goes first. And for the record, my chess expertise doesn't extend too far beyond that.

Lol, we sure we want to use chess as a reference? Guess who goes first, lol.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Lol, we sure we want to use chess as a reference? Guess who goes first, lol.

Lol, there it is! I knew it was coming from somewhere. I didn't write the rules, and no one even knows who did. But maybe they got changed in the Middle Ages to reflect the biases of that time. Or it could go all the way back to ancient Persia or the Indus Valley. Heck, I don't know, and it may even have been innocuous when it was determined. But it surely seems awkward in the modern context, regardless of the history.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Lol, there it is! I knew it was coming from somewhere. I didn't write the rules, and no one even knows who did. But maybe they got changed in the Middle Ages to reflect the biases of that time. Or it could go all the way back to ancient Persia or the Indus Valley. Heck, I don't know, and it may even have been innocuous when it was determined. But it surely seems awkward in the modern context, regardless of the history.

And don't get started me on pool, where after eviscerating all the other colored balls, you win, when the white ball knocks the black ball down the abyss. Has a whole "This is Sparta" feel. lol

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I'm calling for a fact check. I've looked, and haven't been able to find that reference. I'm not saying he didn't say that, but it's a pretty large claim to suggest that Jesse Jackson implied that people should take their rioting across the bridge and make other people suffer. I personally find that difficult to believe, especially, since obviously it wasn't done. I think it's fair to ask you to support your claim, lest people will take it as factual. The only thing I could find was below.

Rev. Jackson challenges riot-torn city to heal - The Blade

Jackson Visits Riot-Troubled Mich. City - Plainview Daily Herald
    I was working in the town at the time.It was 2 days of hell.I saw jesse make that statement on a South Bend new channel.When he said it,he emphasized the word own instead of home.The only area left was St Joe..In the 60's riots,St Joe had to lift it's draw bridges to keep the rioter's from crossing into town than.Doubt me...I was there.

Top Bottom