• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Always has been! But not just the rich, but specifically the ones that got rich from taxing us.

Exactly. I have a rich brother and sister-in-law in Annapolis. They both earned their money by being extemely productive Americans. And they pay huge amounts of tax.

They are not who the song is about.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Wow, looks like he added another follower...
    Actually…I got the link for the complete video from one of my sons, who every time I have mentioned Oliver too has just rolled his eyes. As a young 30 something he’s more liberal than me, you know how it goes sometimes…
    His exact words were ‘much respect to him for making this video’.

You don’t get to the top of the charts by appealing to one side (presidential candidates moving to the center, anyone?) and it appears people are still gaining understanding of where Oliver’s coming from, like my son just did, and maybe some in here.
    And that’s nothing but good.

They know our strength is in our unity.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Here’s the whole video!
    It excellent, and confirms my impressions and many others’ as to his intentions.
    UNITY, for a better world.

I like what the guy's doing. However, I fear the more we hear from him, the more his appeal fades.

When he was questioned on his politics, he gave the liberaltarion type response as if they are all the same. Said we haven't had a good president in the last many. I'm not saying all have not had issues, but they are certainly not the same.

Like a lot of folks who are not well informed, a lot of bitching, not much in the way of solutions. Obviously have not voted for years, maybe never?

:(

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I like what the guy's doing. However, I fear the more we hear from him, the more his appeal fades.

When he was questioned on his politics, he gave the liberaltarion type response as if they are all the same. Said we haven't had a good president in the last many. I'm not saying all have not had issues, but they are certainly not the same.

Like a lot of folks who are not well informed, a lot of bitching, not much in the way of solutions. Obviously have not voted for years, maybe never?

Agreed. As much as one may hate the Deep state and the uniparty, in terms of the political parties and policies, one of these things is not like the other. To say they're all the same is to deny reality. For instance, imagine the difference in having Garland and another leftist on the Supreme Court, as opposed to having Kavanaugh and Bryant.

Much easier, and lazier, to say they're all responsible and refuse to choose a side and explain (and learn) the differences.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

I’m going to give him some slack here for now. Let’s see how he grows and learns, he is a recovering drinker and doper according to him. Takes time to grow and we will see I’m sure, just a young man that hates seeing how things are and has really become aware of it, same as many of us. And he is looking for answers like all of us. As for me a side has been chosen, good over evil and there is virtually no good at all in one party and way too much evil in the other. I will call out evil in both every time I see it. If the democrats would do that with their own party we could make progress. Todays democrats would all kill Kennedy, I’m actually shocked they haven’t built a shrine for Oswald.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I’m going to give him some slack here for now. Let’s see how he grows and learns, he is a recovering drinker and doper according to him. Takes time to grow and we will see I’m sure, just a young man that hates seeing how things are and has really become aware of it, same as many of us. And he is looking for answers like all of us. As for me a side has been chosen, good over evil and there is virtually no good at all in one party and way too much evil in the other. I will call out evil in both every time I see it. If the democrats would do that with their own party we could make progress. Todays democrats would all kill Kennedy, I’m actually shocked they haven’t built a shrine for Oswald.
    I’ll just add that I hope along with hoping he sees some critical differences between the parties, I hope he starts to realize his worth and value. It’s good to be humble, but he also has created (or been handed) a moment and he needs to live up to his potential in this moment.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “There you go. “Rich Men North of Richmond” isn’t a conservative anthem or (to use the language the left might want to use) a “right-wing screed.” It’s also not a left-wing populist anthem as The Hill might have wanted it to be when it published an article about Anthony’s post-GOP debate video confession. It’s a song about how Washington has let everybody down — and everyone in D.C. is to blame.”

“There are some lessons we can take away from all of this. The first one is that, just because someone says or writes something that resonates with us doesn’t mean that he or she is “one of us.” How many times have conservatives fallen for a young influencer who says something conservative and turned him or her into a conservative celebrity, only to have it backfire? I’m not saying that Oliver Anthony is going to be the next version of that phenomenon, but I also don’t think we should claim him as a conservative superstar.”

Now can we apply this to Ramaswamy?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    “There you go. “Rich Men North of Richmond” isn’t a conservative anthem or (to use the language the left might want to use) a “right-wing screed.” It’s also not a left-wing populist anthem as The Hill might have wanted it to be when it published an article about Anthony’s post-GOP debate video confession. It’s a song about how Washington has let everybody down — and everyone in D.C. is to blame.”

“There are some lessons we can take away from all of this. The first one is that, just because someone says or writes something that resonates with us doesn’t mean that he or she is “one of us.” How many times have conservatives fallen for a young influencer who says something conservative and turned him or her into a conservative celebrity, only to have it backfire? I’m not saying that Oliver Anthony is going to be the next version of that phenomenon, but I also don’t think we should claim him as a conservative superstar.”

Now can we apply this to Ramaswamy?

I've been saying this for pages now, that it's not left vs right, it's us vs them, the them is anyone who is against unity and for division, who take advantage of the uneducated divided and force their will on all of us.
    I also used the phrase "one of us" in relation to some lyrics in 'Doggonitt' , because we have a thread here on eating bugs. Maybe a mention of bacon too?
    I believe he is one of us if you're me, and just want to see it all burnt down, or at least the top burnt off.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Here’s a different take on a cover of Rich Men.
    Language warning, just once, less than a minute in, and nothing worse than you’d read in here if you fill in the asterisks. But you’ve been warned.

Ditch, you just beat me to it. I was catching up on the thread and was going to post this video.

Since I missed this one, I’ll add another Dax banger:

Top Bottom