ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Hmm. That's weird.

I mean, obviously when the CIA gets their weather machine involved to prevent an interview squashed, those cats must be some heavy hitters.
    "I don't see what else it could be."

Also, what's weird?
    That OA would be giving an interview to midwestern marxists?
    Or that OA was at Burning Man?
    Or that midwest marxists exists?
    Or that you're an adherent of midwestern marxists?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There are two sides to every story.

“Cotton Eyed Joe has been cancelled [sic]. Ultimately, it’s my fault for not being more directly involved with the venues who have reached out. My plate has been full and I delegated the responsibility to someone else to help me book,” the singer shared with fans on Facebook Monday night. “I am not pointing fingers at Cotton Eyed Joe, I don’t know where the miscommunication took place. I’m just upset seeing those prices.”

“We will find another place in Knoxville area that can do $25 ticket and free meet and greet,” Anthony continued. ”I will work to get your tickets refunded from my own budget if they can’t. This will never happen again. Thanks for your patience. I am still learning how all of this works.”

Or

“Most times we say a show has been cancelled [sic] due to circumstances beyond our control … well we are cancelling [sic] the Oliver Anthony show under our full control. All refunds will be made in the next few business days to your original form of payment,” the post on the venue’s account said.“

“The North Man of Richmond contracted to play the Cotton Eyed Joe for $120,000 for 60 minutes …. after doing the math and knowing we can only hold apprx. 1500 people, paying the ticket website their fee to sell the tickets, paying the tax man, opening the JOE on a closed night … we set the ticket price to break even and bring our customers a show we thought would be fun. To our talent agency and promotor friends that follow us … be careful booking the North Man of Richmond.”

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    There are two sides to every story.

“Cotton Eyed Joe has been cancelled [sic]. Ultimately, it’s my fault for not being more directly involved with the venues who have reached out. My plate has been full and I delegated the responsibility to someone else to help me book,” the singer shared with fans on Facebook Monday night. “I am not pointing fingers at Cotton Eyed Joe, I don’t know where the miscommunication took place. I’m just upset seeing those prices.”

“We will find another place in Knoxville area that can do $25 ticket and free meet and greet,” Anthony continued. ”I will work to get your tickets refunded from my own budget if they can’t. This will never happen again. Thanks for your patience. I am still learning how all of this works.”

Or

“Most times we say a show has been cancelled [sic] due to circumstances beyond our control … well we are cancelling [sic] the Oliver Anthony show under our full control. All refunds will be made in the next few business days to your original form of payment,” the post on the venue’s account said.“

“The North Man of Richmond contracted to play the Cotton Eyed Joe for $120,000 for 60 minutes …. after doing the math and knowing we can only hold apprx. 1500 people, paying the ticket website their fee to sell the tickets, paying the tax man, opening the JOE on a closed night … we set the ticket price to break even and bring our customers a show we thought would be fun. To our talent agency and promotor friends that follow us … be careful booking the North Man of Richmond.”

I'll take "Things that don't surprise me" for $1,000, Alex.

and the clue is: "This musician wrote Rich Men North of Richmond and is unaware how Capitalism works".

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    $25 for a 1500 head venue? In 2023?

...maybe if you're opening for Trixter, Jackyl, and Poison at Hootahoochee Water Park...and already paid the park admission. ("Play the song with the chainsaw!!!...")

(PS - lil' tip from your Uncle Larry...make sure the guy collecting tickets isn't working for "bolesh.t pay," or your social media takedown will be swift and predictable).

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I'll take "Things that don't surprise me" for $1,000, Alex.

and the clue is: "This musician wrote Rich Men North of Richmond and is unaware how Capitalism works".
    But if he wrote that song and was “gouging” people imagine the backlash the other way…… I think he made a lot more friends with this move than enemies..

Heck if the guys county would let him he could sell out the county fairgrounds every weekend $10 a ticket bringing tons of tax revenue and tourism to im assuming his smaller tow .

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    But if he wrote that song and was “gouging” people imagine the backlash the other way…… I think he made a lot more friends with this move than enemies..

Heck if the guys county would let him he could sell out the county fairgrounds every weekend $10 a ticket bringing tons of tax revenue and tourism to im assuming his smaller tow .
    There's no such thing as gouging.

I'll grant that he may just be naïve, as that would fit as well. If it is simply naiveté though, he's very naïve indeed to not understand that there are costs associated with the venue that the venue needs to cover. Either way, canceling the concert was a less than optimal way to handle it.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    There's no such thing as gouging.

I'll grant that he may just be naïve, as that would fit as well. If it is simply naiveté though, he's very naïve indeed to not understand that there are costs associated with the venue that the venue needs to cover. Either way, canceling the concert was a less than optimal way to handle it.

Not saying he did it right but he has an image to uphold now. And if he did a show like that he feels he would be betraying his fan base and image. I understand both sides.

Top Bottom