• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    So, how long can/will 'Swamy stay in the race? IMO, he's making a strong case to be considered, but as others and I have pointed out, there's something hard to pin down on 'Swamy. And that something usually revolves around- is he sincere and genuine -or is he other? So, how long can/will 'Swamy stay in the race if he should not finish among the top tier in the early contests? If he's effectively a no-show in the first four primary states, does he continue? (I'd ask the same question of D'tis, but this is a 'Swamy thread*). Money, money, money and 'Swamy as plenty, but how long? I'll go first... He stays for the long haul.

*D'tis is already done. The rest of his campaign is formality.
    He has the highest unfavorable of any candidate, including Trump. There's a small "type" that is into him, but it's far from mainstream and he will never win a national election. He's also inconsistent and made some unbelievably terrible arguments along the way. Nationalizing elections as a conservative is one that I would love to see someone push his nose in for a bit. He should drop out today. Scott should drop out today. Christie should drop out today.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Post #506...

Vivek reupped on this today...

I have absolutely no reason to doubt you, and I don’t. Someone is lying. We have entered into the era that lying (telling misinformation) is not acceptable but tolerable.

Do I trust Ronna, who is…..well, Rona or do I trust a Viveck, the snake oil salesman?

This is in fact, one of many reasons people are turned off my politicians.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have absolutely no reason to doubt you, and I don’t. Someone is lying. We have entered into the era that lying (telling misinformation) is not acceptable but tolerable.

Do I trust Ronna, who is…..well, Rona or do I trust a Viveck, the snake oil salesman?

This is in fact, one of many reasons people are turned off my politicians.
    I don't know if he's a snake oil salesman. I don't know what he is. Like I've said, he seems too rehearsed for me just to trust him. But is he of any less repute than Trump? Trump has done his own share of pandering.

But, at this point Trump at least has 4 years to show what he's like as President, and at least ostensibly has shown that he mostly believes what he's said. He's not all that he says on guns. Or the swamp. So yeah, he has sold some snake oil. All politicians do. Like I said, they all pretend to be something they're not, at least a little.

Do you think Ramaswamy is any more of a snake oil salesman because he competes in Trump's space and thus is a rival? Or is there specific snake oil you've identified? I'm skeptical of Ramaswamy, but only on gut instinct. If you have something concrete that would help.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Do you think Ramaswamy is any more of a snake oil salesman because he competes in Trump's space and thus is a rival? Or is there specific snake oil you've identified? I'm skeptical of Ramaswamy, but only on gut instinct. If you have something concrete that would help.
    You said it well, he’s too rehearsed. Out of nowhere….POOF, Viveck is here and has an answer for everything. Not just a Trump style answer, but a polished, in your face answer as he looks down his nose at you.

He is very articulate, much more than Trump ever has been. The only person he reminds me of is Obama; and that may be why I dislike the man. People were and still are mesmerized by that traitor we had (have).

It’s my gut talking to me loud and clear. What little we knew about Obama, we actually know less with Viveck.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You said it well, he’s too rehearsed. Out of nowhere….POOF, Viveck is here and has an answer for everything. Not just a Trump style answer, but a polished, in your face answer as he looks down his nose at you.

He is very articulate, much more than Trump ever has been. The only person he reminds me of is Obama; and that may be why I dislike the man. People were and still are mesmerized by that traitor we had (have).

It’s my gut talking to me loud and clear. What little we knew about Obama, we actually know less with Viveck.
    I don't get the impression he looks down his nose. I get the impression that he thinks that because the right wing cheers Trump when he's in-your-face, that it's specifically in-your-face that people want. To some extent that's true.

He says some rude things to important people that the right hates, and they cheer that. The ruder the better. But, to me it seems like he's just grabbing the persona that gets cheers. Is that the real Vivek? Or is it the persona he wishes to portray. I'd like to see what he was like before he put his hat in the ring. Was he always that way? Or is he just using this because it gets people on the far right to pay attention to him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana

Really, I think you've summed up my uneasiness with 'Swamy. I'm not as down on him as you though. But your line -POOF! heres Vivek/0bama, with all the right answers- is about as accurate as can be. I never trusted the 0'great 0ne and my distrust proved to be valid. 'Swamy leaves me unsure but I don't get the feeling of evil from him that 0bama gave me. I'm suspicious of him and his motives, but I haven't ruled him out yet.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'd like to see what he was like before he put his hat in the ring. Was he always that way? Or is he just using this because it gets people on the far right to pay attention to him.
    There is some background chatter that he was not a very pleasant boss to work for (not conclusive, because people today don't understand that the boss doesn't necessarily care about their feelings - unless they're a star player) and that he ****ed a lot of those same players when he sold his hedge fund and basically gave them nothing (also inconclusive, if they didn't have an equity position he owed them nothing)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

He did something like 600+ podcasts online before he entered the debates, so he's had ample time to hash out his words and have his views challenged.

That's why he sounds rehearsed. I don't really agree with the wording rehearsed, that was more of a Marco Rubio thing. Vivek is just super-humanly quick with full on answers.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    He has no chance simply for the fact 95% of the population cannot pronounce his name correctly. It pains me to say it but I honestly don't know why the GOP is even running a primary this go around.

Top Bottom