• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It's possible for people to change. Trump spoke like a democrat years ago. He spoke mostly like a conservative on the campaign trail. A little rusty on his Bible pandering. Not always accurate with his conservative rhetoric. Imperfect.

But. Other than a few issues, Trump behaved like a conservative in office. Was he converted? Or was it to pander? In terms of his first presidency, in practical terms it doesn't matter. The policies were pretty good overall.

I don't quite know what to make of Ramaswamy. We don't really have much history on him. Was he a Democrat? :dunno:

He knows the buzzwords to weave into US-first soundbites, no doubt about that. Seems a bit too rehearsed. His timing and delivery are just too perfect. That "Dick Cheney in 3-inch heels" line flowed like he'd said it a hundred times before.

He doesn't seem real to me. He's a caricature of a politician saying the things I want to hear. Does he really believe it? That's my question. No matter what they believed in the past, what people need to know, what does he believe now?
    My concern about Trump is he is a politician running for office. Once he wins which Trump do we get once he no longer has to be concerned with reelection?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

No kidding.

These people are as out of their minds as the woke crowd is. At what point can someone claiming to care about the debt, or our economy, advocate for wars that don't advance our national security interests or economic interests?

To them the tax payers are just a free purse to loot for their geopolitical pet projects. I grew up watching them waste all of our nation's resources in the middle east for almost my entire lifetime, and we still have nothing to show for it.

Honestly, if someone thinks we need to sent a penny to Ukraine, Israel, or anywhere else for that matter, they should start calling themselves a democrat and get it over with.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I just heard Vivek voted for Obama. Interesting.

In 2008 with the choice between.... McCain and Obama, I firmly believe Obama was a better choice.

In 2012 between Obama and Romney, there was no choice there, they are the same person.
    Anyone critical of someone voting for Obama over McCain would do well to remember the kind of person McCain was.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My concern about Trump is he is a politician running for office. Once he wins which Trump do we get once he no longer has to be concerned with reelection?
    Yep. We face that question with every politician. We face that question with every candidate. All politicians pretend to be something they’re not to get people to vote for them.

What is Ramaswamy pretending to be? How much of what Ramaswamy’s said sincere? Are they just words he knows I want to hear? Je came off to me a bit of an *******, I think to be heard saying it like it is. Did he have to talk about the tradcon ****’s family?

Or what about DeSantis? Is everything he’s done in Florida just part of an act to woo Republicans to vote for him? Well, he has a record we can look to at least, that tends to confirm the person we see now. But as POTUS would he still be that person? Big question mark.

On election day, you just check your gut and pull the lever. Tap the screen. Punch the paper. Whatever. And hope the person is what you think.

My position hasn’t changed. In May I’ll vote my preference. If DeSantis is viable, I’ll vote for him. If not, prolly settle for Trump. My gut tells me Rammy is acting more than the rest of them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Is this a new concern? Never heard a word about this when GWB was running for a second term. Just another manifestation of TDS…

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Is this a new concern? Never heard a word about this when GWB was running for a second term. Just another manifestation of TDS…
    I never even knew we were talking to each other when GWB was running for a second term.

Nah. Said it before.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Gee, seems like you already have one data point, from 2017 - 2020

It just seems like so many people want Trump to run on his record and then wish to cherry-pick only the bad parts. My personal belief is that if he has the backing of a constitutionalist legislature and is given the benefit of the doubt that he will be ruthless when it comes to dismantling the administrative state while simultaneously putting us back on a road to a stable, prosperous country

Everybody who thinks he (or anyone) will or can fix every thing the see as a problem should put the pipe down a little sooner, like now

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yep. We face that question with every politician. We face that question with every candidate. All politicians pretend to be something they’re not to get people to vote for them.

What is Ramaswamy pretending to be? How much of what Ramaswamy’s said sincere? Are they just words he knows I want to hear? Je came off to me a bit of an *******, I think to be heard saying it like it is. Did he have to talk about the tradcon ****’s family?

Or what about DeSantis? Is everything he’s done in Florida just part of an act to woo Republicans to vote for him? Well, he has a record we can look to at least, that tends to confirm the person we see now. But as POTUS would he still be that person? Big question mark.

On election day, you just check your gut and pull the lever. Tap the screen. Punch the paper. Whatever. And hope the person is what you think.

My position hasn’t changed. In May I’ll vote my preference. If DeSantis is viable, I’ll vote for him. If not, prolly settle for Trump. My gut tells me Rammy is acting more than the rest of them.
    D'accord, sadly

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Something about DeSantis is concerning me. One does not run a campaign this poorly if they are as competent and sharp as they appear to be.

To my eyes, DeSantis' success in Florida is a result of many other people surrounding him.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Something about DeSantis is concerning me. One does not run a campaign this poorly if they are as competent and sharp as they appear to be.

To my eyes, DeSantis' success in Florida is a result of many other people surrounding him.
    So if we had Trump with DeSantis ability to surround himself with good people we would have the ideal candidate!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So if we had Trump with DeSantis ability to surround himself with good people we would have the ideal candidate!

One needs to remember, if he naturally surrounds himself with good people, why is his campaign a roaring dumpster fire of incompetence?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    One needs to remember, if he naturally surrounds himself with good people, why is his campaign a roaring dumpster fire of incompetence?
    I was thinking more of in office than the campaign. All of Trump's problems came from the people he surrounded hismself with. Just ask him.

DeSantis seems to have done a decent job in office, its the campaigning that is as you say.

• Haha
    Reactions: KLB

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom