• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    In June I was talking to the wife that I was thinking of trying pocket carry...A week or so later, she surprised me with an LCP Max....Been about four weeks now and I just can like it....I have tried various holsters, positions, drills and such and for me anyway, it's just not something I can appreciate...I talked to some friends who do on occasion pocket carry and they talk a lot about how pocket carry is probably the only honest to goodness sub-second draw you'll see from regular people in the real world. After testing it out, I believe them....

I know there are some advantages such as carrying in a pocket, you have a “normal behavior” which you can use to mask your draw. A successful pocket draw does not look like a draw from the belt - it looks like you’re handing an item over. It's good for tucked-in shirt environments. I like the ease and theory of pocket carry, but in practice I can’t get into it. For a “better than nothing” situation it’s ok, but trying to draw while seated, running, or having a decent draw time with my hand outside of the pocket is terrible. Definitely isn't primary for me, pocket carry limits the size of the firearm you can carry. It just isn’t as efficient as a holstered IWB, OWB, or AIWB gun....guess I am back to OWB in leather....
    “Just can’t like pocket carry”

Welp, best to figure out a different way to carry.

Ya got a limited amount of body n a limited amount of holster options.

Five pages of response (86) as of this post n no input. After over 3 months . And you were here yesterday.

I pocket carry every day, but I’m not saying squat. Hope you find the answer you’re looking for.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom