• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I can not remember one time that I buried any of my guns in the dirt. WTF does this prove. Drive your truck in the lake and see if it likes it. The 1911 showed a trigger group lock up not a firing pin malfunction. Un-less you poured super glue in that area I can not see this failure. There is no way that much dirt could get into that area. It appeared as though the safety was engaged. I have to call Bravo Sierra.
    I have a 1911 that lived through 2 wars. It saw the worst possible environments including mud and freezing. According to the "Man" that carried it in those conflicts it never failed him when he needed it. He needed it a lot. He saw this video. Called BS as well.
    Carry what you are comfortable with. Carry what works for you. Spend your money wisely but make it work.
    This makes me want to bury one of my pistols.....................not
    I agree 100%! ....Exactly what I was thinking!!!!!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Dont forget you can get their "supergrade" built by bill wilson himself for over 5k. Sounds like snake oil flavored kool-aid to me lol.

Bill Wilson probably hasn't touched a 1911 (to work on) in over twenty years. He lives in TX now anyway but yes the Supergrade is still that much. Regular CQB's now are starting to be just shy of 3K MSRP. I have to admit the pistols they are putting out now are top notch in fit, finish, and detail but anymore the price is getting prohibitive for most.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Bill Wilson probably hasn't touched a 1911 (to work on) in over twenty years. He lives in TX now anyway but yes the Supergrade is still that much. Regular CQB's now are starting to be just shy of 3K MSRP. I have to admit the pistols they are putting out now are top notch in fit, finish, and detail but anymore the price is getting prohibitive for most.

I just heard someone the other day saying they bought a supergrade and when he said it was 5k I said what maked it so special he said because Wilson himself made it. You are probalby right tho.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

HA! What fan boys!!! I love the statement (paraphrased) "a 1911 is alright for target shooting, but it's certainly not acceptable for self-defense." And "the tolerances are too tight to make it a reliable platform."

I'm sure there are several million soldiers from WW1, WW2, Korea, and 'Nam that will be surprised to hear that! As will the several MORE million people who have carried those same handguns once they were "taken out of the government inventory."

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    You, sir, are crazy because you don't possess the level of knowledge that I have. In your video, they did not bury the 1911 in dirt! How can it be a real test without dirt?! In the real world guns get dirty and it's dirt that dirties the gun and gets it dirty!

It's obvious that you and your buddies on this site are emotionally tied to your crappy 1911's, so there is no arguing with you. You continue to post your videos of other uneducated jokers, who know nothing about the world of firearms, and I will continue to relay facts that will SAVE LIVES! He's who? I've never heard of him. Well, anyway, still, like I was saying, some 1911's are reliable and some are not, so that's just how it is! But, in the hands of an operator, any gun can be like a surgeons scalpel that cuts the life out of anyone who opposes my greatness... I mean comes up against me. Still, all 1911's are crap, but you can find a good one here and there, but mostly there, because I don't allow them over here.

This post is meant to be humerous and not intended to insult thebishopp in any way, shape, or form.

Lol, I didn't take it as such. (we need a twitching smiley) :)

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    One time I went shooting with a friend who have a Wilson Combat's 1911 and I brought my Les Baer Custom 1911 to compare the two tuners. Well, my LB could shoot better grouping then his WC. WTF? Ended up it wasn't too much on the guns, it's the shooters. He ended up buying me a good dinner since he lost to my gun which is more then half the cost of his. Bottom line, use what you can shoot well and not so much on how much you paid for it. That would only bring you a bragging right.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I just heard someone the other day saying they bought a supergrade and when he said it was 5k I said what maked it so special he said because Wilson himself made it. You are probalby right tho.

Most supergrades are made by a select group of the Wilson gang, but not by Bill himself. Has he made one recently? Who knows? But that's certainly not standard for the supergrade or the reason it's north of $5k.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't really put much stock in the torture tests on guns. It's not much of a real world test to determine acceptable function. It's like someone going out to your daily driver, starting it and then mashing the accelerator to the floor. Then after an hour goes by and the engine goes bang, they proclaim that 'This is why this car could never be a daily driver. How can you trust it with your commute?'.

If we ever get to the point of everyone carrying 500 rounds of ammo in spare mags and then going through them all in one gunfight, I'll buy a Glock (actually, I'd just carry the CZ 75 more). Glocks are great guns for those that they fit well.

Yeager's videos do occasionally bring up good points. Sometimes he misses the point though. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is he saying that 1911s suck because they are not loose enough for use in rough conditions? Then is he also saying that the only 1911 he would buy is a high end one made to tighter specifications than the production guns he hates?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Yeager's videos do occasionally bring up good points. Sometimes he misses the point though. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is he saying that 1911s suck because they are not loose enough for use in rough conditions? Then is he also saying that the only 1911 he would buy is a high end one made to tighter specifications than the production guns he hates?

Yep - that's exactly what he said! 1911-Haters rarely use logic or consistency in their argument.

It's just a sign of insecurity in their chosen platform and the need to constantly rationalize their decision to themselves. :dunno:

Top Bottom