PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    d4501c8c4138fffe4cf64d40a422c5ad.jpg

:laugh:

You have seen CM's viking helmet in the unicorn pictures, right? And his Hello Kitty purse?

vrWZQOz.png

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Just stopped in to make my new guy "your 50 post rule sucks" post.

Your 50 post rule sucks because reasons and my mom told me I'm special. I shouldn't have to wait or donate monies to get access to what I want. This group expects members to put in a little effort to get the benefits, are you kidding? You can trust me I'm not sketchy or shady at all (it's on the internet so it must be true) Let me in the classifieds!!!

How'd I do?

I just don't understand some people, you joined a group you follow the groups rules that's how it works. Besides, I personally wouldn't want to deal with anyone I didn't get to know/get a feel for first when it comes to guns and such.

I liked you better before the "How'd I do?" part. You had promise. Now you're just like everybody else here that has followed the rules. Be original; say something mean about CM's Unicorn collection.

We'll wait!

:rockwoot:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Boy if this isn't the truth. I had no idea until I was granted access to the behind the scenes.

Here's an example. Let's say there are 2 ads that are marked sold, but are not closed. Member "A" already had a certain number of infractions and receives the "final notice" to follow the rules or else. The response is "I'm so sorry. I had forgot about/thought I closed it. I'll check all of my others to make sure I'm good. Thanks for letting me know and sorry to bother you. Have a great weekend."

Member "B" has zero infractions and receives a warning. The response is " Ain't you mother ******* got nothing better to do than harass the member base? **** You. I've been a member here since 1972 when Al Gore invented the internet *****. Who the **** are you to tell me what to do. Get off the ****ing keyboard in your mom's basement ****** and ******* get a life. **** this ******* place anyway. And **** you too!"

Yeah. Unfreakingbelievable.

Hey! We talked about this!! I was taking ambien at the time you whiny little *****! Mother****ers like you make **** stompers eat ***** **** juices dickweed nazi *******s look like choir boys!

*****!

And another thing******* some times **** and ****** besides ****** blows!

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Be original; say something mean about CM's Unicorn collection.

We'll wait!

:rockwoot:

Why do I get the feeling that saying something mean about this unicorn collection would in fact not be original. I'm sure I would be hard pressed to say something about the unicorns that has not already been said, unless I have underestimated the quality of heckling in this group.:dunno: Besides, I can't offend everyone on my first day, what would I do tomorrow?:whistle:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Hey! We talked about this!! I was taking ambien at the time you whiny little *****! Mother****ers like you make **** stompers eat ***** **** juices dickweed nazi *******s look like choir boys!

*****!

Oops. I forgot. Sorry.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    You seem not to like the rules, the format or actually joining in. Staying or leaving is totally your choice. Your recent posts seem more like peeing in the INGO pond rather than jumping in and learning to swim.

We are not sorry to say that you can NOT be the boss here.

My apologies for not being able to reply quickly, As I stated in a likely deleted post, I am in the middle of a move from Indy to Warsaw, so my time is even more limited than usual.

Allow me to explain myself further. I have lurked these boards for years, usually to glean details of shooting events. Rarely was there any need to comment. I shared some videos, thanked people occasionally, commented when I found out Nick died, but for the most part I didn't see posting "great match everyone" or "check out this gun I bought" as much value added. A buddy sent me a holster, I went to buy it, figured the 50 posts thing was to prevent bots, so I racheted up my count.

I had no idea it would be so upsetting for the common users. It is not that "I don't like the rules", Tom. That is an assertion you are laying on me that is simply not true. I merely did not understand them. It was not my intention to upset you, or any of the others who expressed satisfaction or happiness at my departure yesterday, and it certainly is not my intention to disrupt the cultural fabric or community of this site. I was merely acting in the way that appeared most expedient at the time. If this disrupted your space or was upsetting for you, again, I apologize.

Now, as I said I have just moved. It was my intention to ramp up my usage of the site in order to find more shooting events in the area I now live, and I had intended on developing a monthly "postal match" to keep in touch with my indy shooters. It would be a simple course set up, film yourself with time, show hits, and we'd wack it up at the end of the month to see who won, open to anybody who wanted to try it. However it's clear that you care about this board very much since you are monitoring incoming posts on a Sunday afternoon, and I do not wish to cause any sort of ill-will or disruption. I can find local matches through the proverbial grapevine and I can simply set up those matches on other social media sites with people I know. It's admirable that you have such dedication to this site, clearly it brings you a lot of joy, Tom. As such I do not want to tarnish that joy so if you would prefer I abstain from using your site I would be happy to, no hard feelings and I hope you will forgive me for my previous transgressions. As I said earlier, I assure you they were unintentional.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

*****!

Is it weird that the only take away I got from this is that the filter is OK with us saying dickweed?

And, just for curiosity sake, if someone were to call another member a dickweed, would that actually be name calling since the filter allows it?

Asking for the General Political Forum.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    You spent way more time making posts that were deleted and got you nowhere than it would have taken to actually read information that would have helped. When you have time click that link and read the first post, then find mine (#64 IIRC) and read it as well. Then read a couple of the links listed at the bottom of it. If you still don't understand after that then we can't help you.

I mean no disrespect in this but I am not sure how you intend for incoming users to know to do this. Clicking a link that you recieve after a reprimand for breaking a rule you didn't know existed(climbing to 50 with cheap posts), then reading through 64 posts(pages or posts?) Then read through multiple links after that?

This system seems hazard prone and it is no wonder you have to have people monitoring incoming posts. Again, I do not mean for this to be insulting or to "**** in your pool" as another user put it. I merely seek to suggest that the visibility of these rules might be at the heart of the issue.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My apologies for not being able to reply quickly, As I stated in a likely deleted post, I am in the middle of a move from Indy to Warsaw, so my time is even more limited than usual.

Allow me to explain myself further. I have lurked these boards for years, usually to glean details of shooting events. Rarely was there any need to comment. I shared some videos, thanked people occasionally, commented when I found out Nick died, but for the most part I didn't see posting "great match everyone" or "check out this gun I bought" as much value added. A buddy sent me a holster, I went to buy it, figured the 50 posts thing was to prevent bots, so I racheted up my count.

I had no idea it would be so upsetting for the common users. It is not that "I don't like the rules", Tom. That is an assertion you are laying on me that is simply not true. I merely did not understand them. It was not my intention to upset you, or any of the others who expressed satisfaction or happiness at my departure yesterday, and it certainly is not my intention to disrupt the cultural fabric or community of this site. I was merely acting in the way that appeared most expedient at the time. If this disrupted your space or was upsetting for you, again, I apologize.

Now, as I said I have just moved. It was my intention to ramp up my usage of the site in order to find more shooting events in the area I now live, and I had intended on developing a monthly "postal match" to keep in touch with my indy shooters. It would be a simple course set up, film yourself with time, show hits, and we'd wack it up at the end of the month to see who won, open to anybody who wanted to try it. However it's clear that you care about this board very much since you are monitoring incoming posts on a Sunday afternoon, and I do not wish to cause any sort of ill-will or disruption. I can find local matches through the proverbial grapevine and I can simply set up those matches on other social media sites with people I know. It's admirable that you have such dedication to this site, clearly it brings you a lot of joy, Tom. As such I do not want to tarnish that joy so if you would prefer I abstain from using your site I would be happy to, no hard feelings and I hope you will forgive me for my previous transgressions. As I said earlier, I assure you they were unintentional.

I'm sure a mod could verify your lurking story, but I'll just say right now that if you have been around for 6 years or so and didnt realize runners were a thing and frowned upon, you dont really lurk much.

In 6 years of active lurking with nothing to say you should understand the culture well enough to know better just by reading this place for 6 years. You should have known that its not about bots, but about random Joes that we dont know from Adam popping in to make a quick buck or buy a shiny and not being a contributing member.

With that being said, you are still very much welcome here. Glad to have ya. Even if you dont post much. Just follow the rules.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    It's pretty simple. We have had a HUGE amount of members who just use INGO to buy and sell and nothing else. We are weeding them out one by one. You plainly stated that was your intention.

We are a very tight COMMUNITY of gun owners. We don't like being used like a cheap date. Get what you need for as little as possible then discarded until we're needed again.

I'd suggest you take some time and maybe read why this is.
    >>>> https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/408311-info-new-guys-looking-ads-section.html <<<<<

Maybe, just maybe you'll begin to understand.

If i get time in the near future I will peruse the links you and angry rooster have suggested. And again, apologies for disrupting your space. I have worked tables at the 1500 next to the INGO one and never had problems like this despite frequently interacting. I hope that you and the team will be able to look past this event.

I also apologize if making multiple posts in quick succession is against the rules. There does not appear to be a way in the UI to respond to more than one person in a single post, but I could be mistaken.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If i get time in the near future I will peruse the links you and angry rooster have suggested. And again, apologies for disrupting your space. I have worked tables at the 1500 next to the INGO one and never had problems like this despite frequently interacting. I hope that you and the team will be able to look past this event.

I also apologize if making multiple posts in quick succession is against the rules. There does not appear to be a way in the UI to respond to more than one person in a single post, but I could be mistaken.

In all of this it is that the posts were 1 line hits and off you go. That does not give us a chance to know who and what there is to learn about you. It is more a vetting process than anything and that you might actually like this crazy place and meet some new friends. There are a lot of solid Ingo folks up around Warsaw.

No worries here my brother. Get yourself moved. Settle in and get to know some of us. I have met more solid people in my time here than I can list.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    I'm sure a mod could verify your lurking story, but I'll just say right now that if you have been around for 6 years or so and didnt realize runners were a thing and frowned upon, you dont really lurk much.

In 6 years of active lurking with nothing to say you should understand the culture well enough to know better just by reading this place for 6 years. You should have known that its not about bots, but about random Joes that we dont know from Adam popping in to make a quick buck or buy a shiny and not being a contributing member.

With that being said, you are still very much welcome here. Glad to have ya. Even if you dont post much. Just follow the rules.

Doubtful, I rarely log in when I'm skimming. Just to comment, which is.... like 2x a year?

I lurk enough to recognize you as the ski-mask/goggles guy I've shot IDPA with several times.

I don't typically lurk the rules, general, or buying sections. Honestly just shooting sports. I would have just skipped any disagreements about rules or arguments and researched more shoot dates/times, looked for footage of matches, ect.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

I appreciate your response. But the shear number of people we get that try and get a quick 50 posts to access the classifieds is quite astounding. So with the way you appeared and mentioned your intentions, I lumped you in with that group. Most members in that group would have cussed us out or just never come back.

You are an exception. I really do appreciate explaining what's going on. Let me see what I can do.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    Sorry folks I have to log off. I didn't want to spend an hour replying and cleaning the situation up, especially at this late hour, but I also wanted to ensure that no one was disgruntled or further upset by the events of yesterday.

Assuming everyone is able to forgive the previous situation and the desire to see me depart has passed I would be happy to participate in a limited, time appropriate manner within certain subsections of the site, and I will endeavor to avoid the sales section just to ensure no hard feelings, as well as out of respect for the opportunity cost associated with posting there.

Additionally, I have put some thought into organizing a little postal match as I previously intimated above. Any insight into previous attempts or site rules associated with such an event would be appreciated. I had considered the actual posting of the event to be straightfoward but I will not make assumptions going forward about site rules here.

Thank you for any forbearance you might find expendable in regards to myself and continued presence, should that eventuality be found equitable to us all.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I lurk enough to recognize you as the ski-mask/goggles guy I've shot IDPA with several times.

Please elaborate. Yes I shoot IDPA but the rest is a mystery to me. If you are speaking literally, I think you have me confused with somebody else as I dont even own a ski mask. (uneasy rider reference)

Unless you owe that shooter money. In that case, I'll gladly collect. :):

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Sorry folks I have to log off. I didn't want to spend an hour replying and cleaning the situation up, especially at this late hour, but I also wanted to ensure that no one was disgruntled or further upset by the events of yesterday.

Assuming everyone is able to forgive the previous situation and the desire to see me depart has passed I would be happy to participate in a limited, time appropriate manner within certain subsections of the site, and I will endeavor to avoid the sales section just to ensure no hard feelings, as well as out of respect for the opportunity cost associated with posting there.

Additionally, I have put some thought into organizing a little postal match as I previously intimated above. Any insight into previous attempts or site rules associated with such an event would be appreciated. I had considered the actual posting of the event to be straightfoward but I will not make assumptions going forward about site rules here.

Thank you for any forbearance you might find expendable in regards to myself and continued presence, should that eventuality be found equitable to us all.

That sounds like itcould be a lot of fun. I enjoy shooting steel and trap, but my schedule rarely gives me an opportunity.

Big Tanker recenty offered up Playing Card challenge ://www.ingunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/481320-2020-card-splitting-challenge%2A%2A%2Awin-prize%2A%2A%2A.html?481320=#post8302547 that sounds fun too.

You might check his thread for an idea of what works. Welome to the community!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom