PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It's pretty simple. We have had a HUGE amount of members who just use INGO to buy and sell and nothing else. We are weeding them out one by one. You plainly stated that was your intention.

We are a very tight COMMUNITY of gun owners. We don't like being used like a cheap date. Get what you need for as little as possible then discarded until we're needed again.

I'd suggest you take some time and maybe read why this is.
    >>>> https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/408311-info-new-guys-looking-ads-section.html <<<<<

Maybe, just maybe you'll begin to understand.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's pretty simple. We have had a HUGE amount of members who just use INGO to buy and sell and nothing else. We are weeding them out one by one. You plainly stated that was your intention.

We are a very tight COMMUNITY of gun owners. We don't like being used like a cheap date. Get what you need for as little as possible then discarded until we're needed again.

>>>> https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/408311-info-new-guys-looking-ads-section.html <<<<<

What he said.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

42o6wc.jpg

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'm not saying this to offend you, but "Read for awhile" is why I don't have 50 posts on ingo. I like the site for the updates on what's happening when, interacting occasionally with people after a match, it's great for that. But the less-than intuitive site design and the sheer volume of pages a topic gets makes harvesting viable information on something in the old-school forum-style website very time consuming. I've already blown like an hour and half trying to avoid paying $20 in an unsuccessful bid to buy - and here's the big reveal - a $50 dollar holster.

At this point I have to move on with my day, appreciate the information fellas, if I see something I want where the price of admission is not more than half the price of the product I'll consider donating. Thanks! have a good one.

You spent way more time making posts that were deleted and got you nowhere than it would have taken to actually read information that would have helped. When you have time click that link and read the first post, then find mine (#64 IIRC) and read it as well. Then read a couple of the links listed at the bottom of it. If you still don't understand after that then we can't help you.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I've had this account for years and now I need to make like 10 more comments to send a message to buy something lol

You showed your intentions to get past the rules.

lol don't worry. At this rate, in 2026 when I see something else I'm interested in, I should be up to 64 posts so I'll be good.

Yoy stated the reason was you wanted to go to buy something in the classifieds, even though you seemed to deny it in the next post.

You've got it all wrong, boss, I only knew I needed 50 posts to send a PM, not that it was "against the rules". Not trying to ruin your forum, sorry if it came off that way.

...but your random posts with not replying to those that were trying to interact with you,kinda... did.

That's true I could. You guys seem really fun to hang out with so I'll definitely consider donating $20 to keep this club open. How long does the $20 stand for? A year? Indefinitely?

Not wohth it for a cheap trade!

I'm not saying this to offend you, but "Read for awhile" is why I don't have 50 posts on ingo. I like the site for the updates on what's happening when, interacting occasionally with people after a match, it's great for that. But the less-than intuitive site design and the sheer volume of pages a topic gets makes harvesting viable information on something in the old-school forum-style website very time consuming. I've already blown like an hour and half trying to avoid paying $20 in an unsuccessful bid to buy - and here's the big reveal - a $50 dollar holster.

At this point I have to move on with my day, appreciate the information fellas, if I see something I want where the price of admission is not more than half the price of the product I'll consider donating. Thanks! have a good one.

I think I just stated that.

My apologies if you were unhappy with our interaction. I genuinely don't know what you found off-putting? I thought you, specifically, would rather I become a part of the community? Do you want me to continue to (casually, not 50-seek) post on ingo or am I now unwelcome here? I am not mad I am just confused?

I have had enjoyable conversations(now deleted, apparently) with people here in the past would like to be able to continue to have them, but if the community would prefer I not be a member I would be willing to stop using the site.

Your conversation here has not been deleted. Your random pointless posts have.

You seem not to like the rules, the format or actually joining in. Staying or leaving is totally your choice. Your recent posts seem more like peeing in the INGO pond rather than jumping in and learning to swim.

We are not sorry to say that you can NOT be the boss here.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    More patient than patience, bluer than blue, wetter than wet. Able to leap low curbs...

if there is a handrail.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yep!

The 50 post rule sucks. We should get rid of...

the classifieds.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    You showed your intentions to get past the rules.

Yoy stated the reason was you wanted to go to buy something in the classifieds, even though you seemed to deny it in the next post.

...but your random posts with not replying to those that were trying to interact with you,kinda... did.

Not wohth it for a cheap trade!

I think I just stated that.

Your conversation here has not been deleted. Your random pointless posts have.

You seem not to like the rules, the format or actually joining in. Staying or leaving is totally your choice. Your recent posts seem more like peeing in the INGO pond rather than jumping in and learning to swim.

We are not sorry to say that you can NOT be the boss here.

That would be the "poopspin".

From the wayback machine circa 2016 & the official Race To 50 threads (ahh, I miss those). Would love to see them back someday.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...hat-do-they-want-part-2-a-43.html#post6487039

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;2zjnqhVDO_k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zjnqhVDO_k[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    BoltThrower, I hope you stick around.

Ironically, I think your last few post have been more "quality" posts.
    A few a day, asking questions, answering comments, and you'll be there.

We do have threads that go on and on. Break Room. Politics. Jump on in. Contribute something to the conversation. That's all we want.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    BoltThrower, I hope you stick around.

Ironically, I think your last few post have been more "quality" posts.
    A few a day, asking questions, answering comments, and you'll be there.

We do have threads that go on and on. Break Room. Politics. Jump on in. Contribute something to the conversation. That's all we want.

That's all we want.
    Well, for the forum.

Off the forum, I could use a rich, loyal, woman that's addicted to actaeon277.
    :)

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Just stopped in to make my new guy "your 50 post rule sucks" post.

Your 50 post rule sucks because reasons and my mom told me I'm special. I shouldn't have to wait or donate monies to get access to what I want. This group expects members to put in a little effort to get the benefits, are you kidding? You can trust me I'm not sketchy or shady at all (it's on the internet so it must be true) Let me in the classifieds!!!

How'd I do?

I just don't understand some people, you joined a group you follow the groups rules that's how it works. Besides, I personally wouldn't want to deal with anyone I didn't get to know/get a feel for first when it comes to guns and such.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just stopped in to make my new guy "your 50 post rule sucks" post.

Your 50 post rule sucks because reasons and my mom told me I'm special. I shouldn't have to wait or donate monies to get access to what I want. This group expects members to put in a little effort to get the benefits, are you kidding? You can trust me I'm not sketchy or shady at all (it's on the internet so it must be true) Let me in the classifieds!!!

How'd I do?

I just don't understand some people, you joined a group you follow the groups rules that's how it works. Besides, I personally wouldn't want to deal with anyone I didn't get to know/get a feel for first when it comes to guns and such.
    Now that is just crazy talk.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Hey Kozaturf, meet me on the south side of Indy, in a dark alley, alone, and I'll give you a thousand bucks for that Keltek pistol.

Now that is just crazy talk.

That is what INGO is all about.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This would be a good place to get your 50.

Bolt thrower had some decent posts in here, once he began replying to people. Although, he still showed disdain for the rules, community and becoming part of INGO.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    It's strangely funny to watch adults get bent out of shape because they can't ask someone if they can purchase their thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom