• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    While everything you mention tends to be true, my example from about five years ago when our old house roof was severely damaged in a thunderstorm, was tolerable.

Insurance payment went up $20 per month. They paid out 8K for a new roof to my chosen contractor.
    My noncovered expenses, which included some reconstruction to some mating areas between house roof and garage roof, was about $300.

I was pleased.

I had worked up a sound system for the roofer's home a few years before and had maintained a relationship.

When I called him for an estimate, he had bad news, but told me to make sure to let him know when the insurance adjuster, inspector people came so he could meet with them for me.

He handled those insurance punks like an old salt of the game.
    Things have and are changing. And not for the homeowner's benefit. Check with your insurance company now and see if your policy has changed.
    I'm betting it has and you don't even realize it.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Mornin' smokingman!
    Morning all! Life has been a bit busy so I have not been around to much or for to long lately. But just popped in to hope everyone has some 4th plans that involve asinine levels of grilled food with friends and family.

shocked-dog.gif

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Don't have any plans for the 4th. I used to like getting a bunch of the big fireworks, but now I can't stay up late enough to set them off.
    It is not a holiday about fireworks. It is to invite people(even family) and grill. While they are eating is a good time to mention the bull **** going on that makes the day worth remembering and holding dear. Then having a good time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It is not a holiday about fireworks. It is to invite people(even family) and grill. While they are eating is a good time to mention the bull **** going on that makes the day worth remembering and holding dear. Then having a good time.
    That's probably not going to be in the cards for me. Susan's next chemo treatment is the 3rd, so she won't feel like it. It'll just be another day. I'm just thankful that Ruthie doesn't care about fireworks. Other dogs we've had were nervous wrecks for a few weeks around the 4th.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Things have and are changing. And not for the homeowner's benefit. Check with your insurance company now and see if your policy has changed.
    I'm betting it has and you don't even realize it.
    Yep.
    We had that house taken by the city for a new bridge/road expansion project two and a half years ago.

Our new set up is about as good as we could find. And it's fine.

Only trouble, since I am "in business" with an Indiana company, they are free to call and try to upsell for increased coverage from time to time.
    Also try to get my car insurance and "all under one roof coverage."
    That gets old, quick.
    All in all, I have had a close look recently and I'm not sure I could do any better without spending a lot more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom