• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Mornin' Lpherr! Depends on how the policy is written. I guess I should check on that before I go wishing too hard. :):
    Sadly, all companies are modifying policies in this manner. We discovered it because our premium went up and we called to find out why.
    Apparently, they don't even have the decency, to mail you the updates to the policy.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I think this every time I see DD post this. Our insurance started charging us a surcharge when our roof hit a certain age. We redid it ourselves and had to send them copies of the receipts and photos to get that off of our bill.
    Ours is only 8 years old, with 30 year shingles.
    Next time, I will save the extra money and get 10 year shingles, if I'm going to have to replace them before their life expectancy is up.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    State farm has decided they are not doing anything with my roof.

I have decided as soon as a few things are taken care of I am dropping state farm and going with AmFam.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    mitskidiamandis-dog.gif

hiding-shy.gif

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    It's pro-rated. So if your roof is over a few years old, you're going to foot the majority and up to the whole bill and have a claim on your insurance, that will raise your premium.
    While everything you mention tends to be true, my example from about five years ago when our old house roof was severely damaged in a thunderstorm, was tolerable.

Insurance payment went up $20 per month. They paid out 8K for a new roof to my chosen contractor.
    My noncovered expenses, which included some reconstruction to some mating areas between house roof and garage roof, was about $300.

I was pleased.

I had worked up a sound system for the roofer's home a few years before and had maintained a relationship.

When I called him for an estimate, he had bad news, but told me to make sure to let him know when the insurance adjuster, inspector people came so he could meet with them for me.

He handled those insurance punks like an old salt of the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom