Not open for further replies.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Good point. How does the law view this?

(b) Except as provided in subsection (c), a person may carry a handgun without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun if:
    <snip>
    (2) the person carries the handgun on or about the person's body while lawfully present in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by another person, if the person:
    (A) has the consent of the owner, renter, lessor, or person who legally controls the property to have the handgun on the premises;
    </snip>

Pretty plainly

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Ya.....play that card......and then when he leaves they jackboot the living crap out him. "Not on private property now are you punk!".......:D

They have food and a bathroom, my bet is those troopers will have a call before the store closed. :twocents:

Good point. How does the law view this?

You can carry on private property without a LTCH. As a paying customer you are allowed access unless they kick you off.

Now if could be very likley that the LEOs would intimidate the manager into LETTING them harass his customers but some people still have a backbone in this country.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Pretty plainly

I was thinking more along the lines of the Subway situation and if there was implied consent. He didn't have direct verbal or written consent. Also, the manager on duty may or may not be viewed as the person "legally" controlling the property.

I'm not arguing this either way. I'm just curious how this would play out legally.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I was thinking more along the lines of the Subway situation and if there was implied consent. He didn't have direct verbal or written consent. Also, the manager on duty may or may not be viewed as the person "legally" controlling the property.

I'm not arguing this either way. I'm just curious how this would play out legally.

Can the manager or an employee kick him OFF the property? Yep.

Then it stands to reason that they can ALLOW him on the property.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Back in the day, a few cops I knew would wait till you left the lot, found a reason for a traffic stop, and cash in on your act. It has already been discussed, and sounds like the message to keep and carry your LTCH, and DL. Try CC for a while, no one cares, or knows. New LEOs are just that, new. You do have your rights, and lucky that day it did not end with a trip anywhere besides home. With all the news reports, the holidays, people are getting nervous. Good luck in the future.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Back in the day, a few cops I knew would wait till you left the lot, found a reason for a traffic stop, and cash in on your act. It has already been discussed, and sounds like the message to keep and carry your LTCH, and DL. Try CC for a while, no one cares, or knows. New LEOs are just that, new. You do have your rights, and lucky that day it did not end with a trip anywhere besides home. With all the news reports, the holidays, people are getting nervous. Good luck in the future.

So much fail in this post. Congratulations on being the reason so many do not trust the police.

It is supreme ignorance to believe that just because someone OCes they do not also CC as well. Keep your nose out of other people's decisions, try it, you may like it and I'm sure no one will notice or care. :yesway:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Good point. How does the law view consent then? Is implied consent covered?

A court or jury would have to figure that out for this specific reason. Nothing has ever went before appeals that I am aware of to set precedence on the matter.

As of right now it would entirely be up to a combination of the 1. property owner 2. the LEO and 3. your own stubborness

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    A court or jury would have to figure that out for this specific reason. Nothing has ever went before appeals that I am aware of to set precedence on the matter.

As of right now it would entirely be up to a combination of the 1. property owner 2. the LEO and 3. your own stubborness

Got it. Thanks. I don't think I'd want to be the test case though. :D

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I went shortly after the OP (this time). It seemed as though the employees were talking about it, but I couldn't hear so just speculation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom