Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Back home. She went into the ER for a possible UTI and left with diagnoses of covid and a cyst in her left kidney. Need to make an appointment with a nephrologist tomorrow.

@Blaster89 thanks for the well wishes. Since you are new to the group, I'll let you know that my mom (whom we affectionately refer to as Mama Snap) is 90 and I am her full-time caretaker.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Schoops is next to Blythe's. M&E&S?
    Hum.... but that is schoops valpo. Yucky!!!

@pinkdragon
    U best tell mama snap that she has to recover cause the next meet & eat is coming next month.

@Blaster89
    The meet & eats are designed to put faces to the names and also to have a group setting where peeps can come out and open carry if they are still uncomfortable doing that alone.

It's a mix of some that open carry while others conceal carry.

Blaster89

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2024
    Northwest Indiana
    Hum.... but that is schoops valpo. Yucky!!!

@pinkdragon
    U best tell mama snap that she has to recover cause the next meet & eat is coming next month.

@Blaster89
    The meet & eats are designed to put faces to the names and also to have a group setting where peeps can come out and open carry if they are still uncomfortable doing that alone.

It's a mix of some that open carry while others conceal carry.

I will see what I can do.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Back home. She went into the ER for a possible UTI and left with diagnoses of covid and a cyst in her left kidney. Need to make an appointment with a nephrologist tomorrow.

@Blaster89 thanks for the well wishes. Since you are new to the group, I'll let you know that my mom (whom we affectionately refer to as Mama Snap) is 90 and I am her full-time caretaker.
    Well, I hope she weathers the covid with minimal problems.
    As for the cyst, I'm not sure what that involves. But I hope there is something to help her, that isn't too bad.
    Tell mama Snap we're rooting for her to get better.

How are YOU doing Snap?
    All better yet?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Spent 5 hours with my mom in Crown Point. She's 90, took a tumble at home over 2 weeks ago and has been in the
    hospital for a week then the rehab places. Doing well but I don't think she'll be able to live alone anymore.
    Seen a traffic jam in the hallway by a kitchen room. All the old people using their legs to move wheelchairs.
    Sorry to hear that dude.
    Hope she's outta rehab soon.

But then I guess you need time to figure out where she's going?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    (In CTC's voice)

It's cause all you boomers :blahblah: ...

(Back to jedi voice)
    Had a co-worker who retired years ago and then sadly passed away. He told jedi "don't get old".

Did not fully understand that simple statement until years later as family and friends get older. :(

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    (In CTC's voice)

It's cause all you boomers :blahblah: ...

(Back to jedi voice)
    Had a co-worker who retired years ago and then sadly passed away. He told jedi "don't get old".

Did not fully understand that simple statement until years later as family and friends get older. :(
    The only option to "don't get old", is to "die".

So, getting old is the better option.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Gun show in porter county Feb 17 and 18. Anyone interested in another meet and eat?

Jedi not allowed since he apparently brings the Kung Flu with him. :whistle:

Would do a poll on which day, Sat or Sun. I know we did Industrial Revolution for 1 of them out that way but definitely would be open to suggestions on location
    In and open for food suggestions.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    I have two short stories.....

This was years ago, probably 30 years. My dad's best friend retired from Inland Steel (that gives a little time reference) on a Friday and was dead on Monday. He refused to go to the doctor. He had cancer that had eaten him up. He fought long enough to get the "retirement" benefit for his family.

My friend, who was my first "boss" when I move back to "da region" worked until his wife was ready to retire. Okay, sorta make sense. She retired and six months later cancer hit her. It moved faster than the docs could figure it out and six months later she passed. To this very day he beats himself up because the could have/should have retired sooner and traveled. They both loved to travel and they missed out. They chose to work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom