Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Region News Source

Intoxicated Semi Driver Intercepted on SR 49

On January 5, 2024 at approximately 6:50 PM, a Porter Police Officer stopped a tractor-trailer being driven southbound on SR 49 in the area of CR 1050 North for a multitude of violations, including no tail-lights and hauling an unsecured load, according to a Porter Police press release.
    The semi was hauling an over-sized load of flat steel sheets which had not been properly fastened. The steel sheets shifted forward and impacted the cab of the truck, causing extensive damage to the cab prior to the traffic stop being initiated. While speaking with the driver of the semi, probable cause was developed to believe the driver was intoxicated.
    A preliminary breath test indicated the driver's blood alcohol level was in excess of twice the legal limit. The Porter Police Department contacted the Indiana State Police and a Motor Carrier Inspector responded to complete an inspection of the tractor-trailer, which was immediately rendered out of service for a number of safety issues.
    The driver, who possessed an Ohio CDL but stated he was from Ukraine, spoke minimal English and was transported to the Chesterton Franciscan ER where a search warrant was obtained for his blood. Results of that test are pending at this time. It was later found the driver had prior convictions for OWI as well. The name of the driver is being withheld pending formal charges being signed.
    Assisting at the scene was the Indiana State Police, the Chesterton Police Department, and Joe's Towing.
    Explains those blooper videos that all seem to be out of Europe!

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    1. Lake county IS the only true indiana county.

2. North of US30 in lake county is where the best of the best thugs live. They vote early, then vote often, they get their dead relatives to vote and bus in their IL relatives as well.

3. South of US30 in lake county is where the rednecks live, the fresh air is at as well.

4. Mama does not like us talking about our 1/2 siblings who live in porter County. Something about dad being a ho...

5. If you live east of i65 you live fffffaaaaarrrrrrr.

6. We think we got cousins in LaPorte and Newton county but the banjos play out there and it's the land of raccoons.

7. The rest of the counties forget about it! That is real hillbilly land, country living folks.

So do you have your bearings now?

Now 4 da important question.

1. Glock or 1911?
    2. Apple or Android
    3. LEGO or Playmobil
    4. Da Bears or Colts
    5. Hello kitty or hello kitty (trick question) ;)
    What about pineapple and pineapple on pizza?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    ‘67 was still better but ‘79 was good. It put Jane Byrne in office, for what it’s worth.
    I know I was driving truck back in 1979 but I don't remember being slowed down by the snow. I remember one night being up in Elk Grove Village west of O'Hare Airport around 10:00 P.M. and seeing jets taking off one after another quickly and about 10-15 minutes later snow flakes maybe 2-3 inches across coming down like a whiteout. Slow travel coming back to our shop in Gary and before cell phones were around and the roads sucked with slow traffic and a complete shut down between Torrence Ave and the state line into Indiana on 94. My quitting time was 4:30 A.M. Nobody at work knew where I was at. A semi full of butter jack-knifed across all three lanes of traffic and another semi cut the trailer in half with at least two feet of snow and butter mixed together. I didn't get back to the shop till at least 10:00 A.M.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    6 out of the 12 Chili's were really good. Other 6 just, meh. All better than the Schoops chili i tried at the last met and eat however. Vote casted for my favorite. I am absolutely stuffed now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom