Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well, I hope she weathers the covid with minimal problems.
    As for the cyst, I'm not sure what that involves. But I hope there is something to help her, that isn't too bad.
    Tell mama Snap we're rooting for her to get better.

How are YOU doing Snap?
    All better yet?
    Thanks Act. I appreciate it. From what I can see, most kidney cysts are not a big deal. I will certainly tell her.

I'm hanging in there. I feel better as far as the coughing, fever, etc, but the energy level is still very low. How about you?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Spent 5 hours with my mom in Crown Point. She's 90, took a tumble at home over 2 weeks ago and has been in the
    hospital for a week then the rehab places. Doing well but I don't think she'll be able to live alone anymore.
    Seen a traffic jam in the hallway by a kitchen room. All the old people using their legs to move wheelchairs.
    I can relate to so much of this. I hope that all goes well with your mom and she gets into a nice place if she needs to.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I can relate to so much of this. I hope that all goes well with your mom and she gets into a nice place if she needs to.
    Definitely feel for all of you with parents and health issues. And I hope everyone does well with their treatments and recoveries.

I’m dealing with it now with my dad and I’m in my mid 30’s and him not even 70 yet… however things have been looking up recently. Although his initial diagnosis was terrible….. heart surgeries, treatments, chemo, and such have really worked. Very optimistic to this point.

only been to miner Dunn once and it was good. Schoops in crown point has never let me down I do love the crispy butter burgers…. But the mainstreet omelette is killer (only at that location don’t attempt elsewhere) and don’t forget to order Irish nachos. I know it is all simple stuff that can be made at home but it tastes better when someone else makes it !

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Gun show in porter county Feb 17 and 18. Anyone interested in another meet and eat?

Jedi not allowed since he apparently brings the Kung Flu with him. :whistle:

Would do a poll on which day, Sat or Sun. I know we did Industrial Revolution for 1 of them out that way but definitely would be open to suggestions on location
    Only start it at 2 instead of 12.

Some go to Church Sunday and 12 knocks that option out.

Shoops is the only other alternative.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Monday morning and tonight Snow or No snow for the region? What say you jedi?
    No snow for us it seems.
    The nation is going to get hit with very cold weather next week. We (chiraqi) are going to be spared as we will only be in the 10s but it looks like texas and the central western states are going into minus weather.

A repeat of 2020?? When all their water pipes busted?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Note to those of you with older parents, get their estate in order NOW. Do it while they are living and of sound mind. Do it before they need to work with medicare and medicad. Get an elder law/estate attorney and get it done. If you need a recommendation reach out to me, we just went through it with my dad and it was worth paying the lawyer to help navigate. We were a bit too late because my dad didn't reach out for help because of his dementia, but we were able to protect and keep as much as we could while getting him placed in a facility.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    No snow for us it seems.
    The nation is going to get hit with very cold weather next week. We (chiraqi) are going to be spared as we will only be in the 10s but it looks like texas and the central western states are going into minus weather.

A repeat of 2020?? When all their water pipes busted?
    AccuWeather says we could see 4-8" from tonight thru early Wednesday morning. Now believing what the weathermen say is a whole different story

Screenshot_20240108_104713_Chrome.jpg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I have two short stories.....

This was years ago, probably 30 years. My dad's best friend retired from Inland Steel (that gives a little time reference) on a Friday and was dead on Monday. He refused to go to the doctor. He had cancer that had eaten him up. He fought long enough to get the "retirement" benefit for his family.

My friend, who was my first "boss" when I move back to "da region" worked until his wife was ready to retire. Okay, sorta make sense. She retired and six months later cancer hit her. It moved faster than the docs could figure it out and six months later she passed. To this very day he beats himself up because the could have/should have retired sooner and traveled. They both loved to travel and they missed out. They chose to work.
    Sounds like my dad. Retired from Inland early full pension, went back to school to become a teacher, decided he didn't like that, so went back to work at the mill in Portage next to Ogden dunes as labor. Guy interviewing him asked about the labor and said he'd hire him right now for supervisor, dad said nah he had enough of that. Died a week before his 65th birthday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom