• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Without knowing the error your getting I'm not sure what it's having a problem with... might be a security setting or level of security, and for the firefox, might not have a plugin oe a cookie setup right... I think we need the error to help you...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just an FYI..... ABC 7 news is supposed to have a segment on their news at 2200 about Illinois' CC tonight!

Video and Story HERE => Lisa Madigan asks Supreme Court for more time to appeal possible concealed carry gun law | abc7chicago.com

The last 5 or 10 seconds of the video included comments from the newscasters, those are not included in the story.

And this one looks interesting, tonight at 10pm => Monday at 10PM: Standoff over concealed weapons: ABC7's Paul Meincke examines the push to make it legal in Illinois and the risks and criticism a nearby state is already facing | Video | abc7chicago.com

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    The Trigeminal Nueralgia hurts in more way then one, missed my interview today because of it.

Bright side, I still have a job and I think the meds are starting to work.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I'll be up north most of the day today, gotta have the Jetta taken in, for a small bit of maintenance to the horn. I plan on hitting up this mystical place called Cabelas, and then a good cigar at the clubhouse.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'll be up north most of the day today, gotta have the Jetta taken in, for a small bit of maintenance to the horn. I plan on hitting up this mystical place called Cabelas, and then a good cigar at the clubhouse.

I'll probably be at the clubhouse most of the morning and into early afternoon. Too bad I didn't drive the Jetta today, we could have compared the old vs new styles.

I can't make this one. My daughter's graduation is that weekend.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    ... gotta have the Jetta taken in, for a small bit of maintenance to the horn.

Already? With all this talk about high gas mileage I've been looking at the TDI. I can't fathom getting 35-40 mpg or better. I'm at 12-14 with the F250.

Please tell me this problem is a fluke and not the norm for these things. I though the Jetta's were supposed to be one of the more reliable VW's.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I may try and stop at the clubhouse for a quicky. Gotta buy dog food... So I'll see how I feel after lugging the 40 pound bag of dog food to my car. Guess ill actually need to get a cart this time instead of just throwing it over my shoulder and carrying it through the store and to my car.

I've been holed up in my house since Thursday. An hour or two out of the house sounds pretty good. Just not sure if its doable.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Already? With all this talk about high gas mileage I've been looking at the TDI. I can't fathom getting 35-40 mpg or better. I'm at 12-14 with the F250.

Please tell me this problem is a fluke and not the norm for these things. I though the Jetta's were supposed to be one of the more reliable VW's.

The Jetta is a pretty bulletproof reliable car. But any car can have a problem or two.

My Jetta TDI was in the shop (for 1 day) about 30 days after I got it. They towed it in, after dragging it out of my garage. Strange electrical problem. Fixed under warranty, gave me a loaner. I have had the selenoid go out on the rear drivers side door on the electric lock. It locks, doesn't unlock with the remote. Not a big deal, but more expensive to fix than I'm willing to pay. The engine has be totally reliable. I just wish the car was bigger. In Scotland I leased the new Passat for a month and that car has a back seat with leg room like a limo. Passat is a very nice car. Same look as the new Jetta, but larger with more luxury options.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

New or used?

Consumer Reports rates the TDI as average for reliability and is on their recommended list.

The others, not so much.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Attending a day long safety class for work.
    Good news. No deaths last year.
    Only approx 200 injuries.
    Zero amputations. Down from 2 in 2011

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Uh oh, the superintendent that was going to interview me today just called me, I missed the call. I didn't know it was him, he didnt leave a message. So I called the number back and got his voicemail. I wasn't expecting that. So I left a short message saying my name and sorry I missed your call, and I was just calling him back.

Now what to say when/if he calls me back. I didn't call to cancel the interview because I had no contact number. Just a place time and name.

The interview was supposed to be at 830.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage

On a good day I would get 8mpg with my Tahoe before it was rolled. Now it gets 0mpg.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom