• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Morning all, looks to get wet soon here in the fffffaaaaaarrr redneck land.
    Here is far west suburban Lowellabama the skies look like rain, especially to the south, but I think we have a few more minutes before it hits us. Obviously coming my way.

If it gets as far north as Jedi's Thugland :pimp: it may be the first shower most of those people have had in weeks.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    My wife and I found out our neighbor passed away yesterday. She was flipping through fakebook this morning and ran across a post from his daughter saying that he passed. My wife sent her a DM of condolence and got a little bit of the story. Apparently, he wasn't feeling well yesterday, his wife loaded him in the minivan and took him to St. Mary's. He was having a heart attack and they had him scheduled for surgery. He passed before they got him in.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    This is the third occasion that my wife as heard of similar situations.
    Yup. Wouldn't use St Mary's again even if it's life threatening.
    Short story. Wife pregnant. Has bleeding issues. Take her to ER at St. Marys. ER doc says she's having a miscarriage go home and let it happen.
    Many have met my youngest. 12 now.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Yep, friends infant crying in pain. St. Mary's recommended airlift to South Bend. I never want to attend a child's funeral again.

To this day she questions not pushing harder for Chicago.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yep, friends infant crying in pain. St. Mary's recommended airlift to South Bend. I never want to attend a child's funeral again.

To this day she questions not pushing harder for Chicago.
    Because of the insurance regulations under ObamaCare, most Indiana policies will NOT cover treatment in Chicago. Nearest children's hospitals are South Bend and Indianapolis. Our foster son goes to Indy for a pediatric pulminologist, so 2.5 hour drive + 1 hour time change when we could be at U of Chicago Children's Hospital in 45 minutes.

Federal regulations have been cracking down on cross state treatment due to Obamacare. Under the prior highly regulated semi-free market system it was easy to cross the state line because closest proximity treatment was allowed in urgent care. Not any more. At least not for people wtih the state authorized policy.

I actually started a business, pay for a private policy through the business, just so my daughter can get the correct form of insulin that the gubmint policy doesn't not cover. It is outrageously expensive but it is a way around the gubmint system.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Because of the insurance regulations under ObamaCare, most Indiana policies will NOT cover treatment in Chicago. Nearest children's hospitals are South Bend and Indianapolis. Our foster son goes to Indy for a pediatric pulminologist, so 2.5 hour drive + 1 hour time change when we could be at U of Chicago Children's Hospital in 45 minutes.

Federal regulations have been cracking down on cross state treatment due to Obamacare. Under the prior highly regulated semi-free market system it was easy to cross the state line because closest proximity treatment was allowed in urgent care. Not any more. At least not for people wtih the state authorized policy.

I actually started a business, pay for a private policy through the business, just so my daughter can get the correct form of insulin that the gubmint policy doesn't not cover. It is outrageously expensive but it is a way around the gubmint system.
    One of the worst texts I ever got.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Taking down flags went way faster than putting them up.
    Tuesday 5 people took 5 hours, minus one hour that a person only worked 4. That was Calumet Park.

Memory Lane only took 4 people 1.5 hours.

Now a couple days off before I try some yard work.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The fence is finally finished. Total of 5 rotted posts were replaced. Here are three of them. We went with Acorn fence and were happy with them. The posts look out of plumb in the picture, but in person they are fine. Something about the way I took the picture.

1654148093737.png

Last edited:

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI

You need one, you know you do...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom