Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Hopefully you passed the info on to the driver that wrecked three cars not hitting the kid. He may be able to recover some of his loss with a good attorney.
    He was there and watched the video with the officer. Though I imagine he was doing a fair amount over the 10mph speed limit. I don't know that as a fact, he could have been going 10mph. The marks make me think he was doing more than 10 mph. Again I could be wrong, I did not witness the actual incident.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    DNR has canceled the 2022 youth event due to lack of volunteers.

They can't man the 25, 100 yard stations and neither can we.

Thank you to all that registered and volunteered.

Now what if and this is a BIG WHAT IF we had the event somewhere else in lake county not state sponsored but a private organization allowing us to use their location which is where appleseed does theirs.

Would anyone be interested in helping out? The uphill battle is we would literally need to bring EVERYTHING including benches.

I would be interested.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just tried to kill myself.

Decided to make iced tea so I put the kettle on the stove. I guess it was a little bit too full and instead of whistling it spit water out the spout and up the spout and put out the flame.

Sitting in the living room all of a sudden I think what's that smell? Gas so I look at the kettle and there is no fire under it.

OK, I go out I feel the kettle it's hot so I stand there and pour the water into the pitcher about that time I start feeling woozy.

Oh, there's more gas in here than I thought. So I opened the doors and turned on the fans and now I'm feeling a little better.

I know you are wishing for a different outcome, but here I am here I am.

:bash:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    He was there and watched the video with the officer. Though I imagine he was doing a fair amount over the 10mph speed limit. I don't know that as a fact, he could have been going 10mph. The marks make me think he was doing more than 10 mph. Again I could be wrong, I did not witness the actual incident.

10 mph? I don't recall ever seeing 10 mph in a neighborhood. 20 mph pretty common. Not trying to make a point, just never saw it before.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    @jedi - i emailed the president of MCRC about the event and linked him to the thread about it here on INGO. If you want to follow up here is the contact page for the club:

You may also consider contacting the North Porter County Conservation Club about this:

Local gun shops might be interested in sponsoring an event like this.
    I received an email back from the MCRC president and he said that the club had done a similar event in the past, but as you all know it takes alot of work to put on. In addition the club is working thru some insurance issues making sure that their coverage applies for shooting education classes. The shooters education classes had fallen by the wayside in the last few years so they are trying to get them going again. Looks like an event at MCRC would be a next year thing.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I received an email back from the MCRC president and he said that the club had done a similar event in the past, but as you all know it takes alot of work to put on. In addition the club is working thru some insurance issues making sure that their coverage applies for shooting education classes. The shooters education classes had fallen by the wayside in the last few years so they are trying to get them going again. Looks like an event at MCRC would be a next year thing.
    And a shorter drive for quite a few of us too!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    $5.35 at speedway on us30 by acts vfw.
    Note jedi was on the NORTH side of us30. :)

In terms of the regional clubs npccc would not be ideal due to their setups/space. MCRC would be better due to their layout.

The others jedi is working on would require us to bring benches/canopies/etc as they are mainly open areas.

Needless to say unsure we could do something this year due to the logistics of getting the "heavy equipment" shooting benches, canopies, targets, etc.

:(

And yes insurance issues is an issue at all the private locations.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    And yes insurance issues is an issue at all the private locations.
    Wouldn't a waiver of liability be sufficient? I believe that's what the DNR made us and all people coming to shoot sign. Would it be different for a private range?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wouldn't a waiver of liability be sufficient? I believe that's what the DNR made us and all people coming to shoot sign. Would it be different for a private range?
    :dunno:
    We are literally starting over.

And jedi is now older and has more real world stress then 8-10 years ago when we started this (doing meet and shoots, meeting with dnr, etc...)

Is it worth it (rethorial question)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom