• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    People are what keeps me away from major events. For every 10 people you add to any gathering, the likelihood of stupidity increases exponentially.
    I agree. Crowds aren't my thing either. If I see a crowd, I avoid it. Just gimme an open space and a few close friends to get together with occasionally and I'm happy.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :xmad:
    System: must change your password
    jedi: 10 characters
    System:
    password do not match
    Password must be 12 long
    :facepalm: (that is new)
    jedi: 10 characters "00"
    System: no repeating characters
    jedi: 12 characters
    System: access granted.

2 mins later new popup.
    System restart required
    10 mins of updates.....

System backup

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    jedi: 10 characters
    System:
    password do not match
    Password must be 12 long
    :facepalm: (that is new)
    jedi: 10 characters "00"
    System: no repeating characters
    jedi: 12 characters
    System: access granted.

2 mins later new popup.
    System restart required
    10 mins of updates.....

System backup
    Is that your PC or a system you remote into?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Is that your PC or a system you remote into?
    jedi is at the office.
    It was the inital security system.
    Looks like we had updates over the weekend and they did not go well.

Got some of staff that can't get in at all. Others have had the same experience.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    May have been our last Indy 500. Been going for over 30 years but the last two times it has just gotten so ridiculous. Last time waited over 2 hours to just get out of one of the paid parking lots. This time, with no announcement the Lafayette Street exit is closed. Over two hours to get to the 38 st. exit. We’re not in our seats for the flyover. They oversold our paid parking lot, though we got into a closer paid parking lot. Over 8 hours in the car for the 100 mile trip to and from the track. Ever since they made the Coke lot paid parking, traffic control has gone to sh_t. You are so frustrated by the time you get there, or home, there is no enjoyment.
    We had to park in the Coke Lot years ago when I was 16. We vowed never again to park there.

We've used Polco Street for years. This year completely closed off. They sent us to Tibbs up to 16th Street. Why would they send hundreds of vehicles into the teeth of pedestrian traffic?

Someone in their ivory town needs to listen to local police. The officer I talked with agreed with me and said he was just following orders.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    This is why I don't like going to major events. Too much hassle and time spent inching your way in and out.
    I remember one time my mom, stepdad, and I went to St Louis for the 4th of July. We parked in a parking garage and walked to wherever the fireworks were. When it was time to get out of the parking structure, it was so backed up that we decided to just relax and wait it out. We had a big jug of ice water, and since it was 85-90 degrees, we shared. It was almost like a tailgate party. Had some fun, and eventually the way was clear to get out.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    DNR has canceled the 2022 youth event due to lack of volunteers.

They can't man the 25, 100 yard stations and neither can we.

Thank you to all that registered and volunteered.

Now what if and this is a BIG WHAT IF we had the event somewhere else in lake county not state sponsored but a private organization allowing us to use their location which is where appleseed does theirs.

Would anyone be interested in helping out? The uphill battle is we would literally need to bring EVERYTHING including benches.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    DNR has canceled the 2022 youth event due to lack of volunteers.

They can't man the 25, 100 yard stations and neither can we.

Thank you to all that registered and volunteered.

Now what if and this is a BIG WHAT IF we had the event somewhere else in lake county not state sponsored but a private organization allowing us to use their location which is where appleseed does theirs.

Would anyone be interested in helping out? The uphill battle is we would literally need to bring EVERYTHING including benches.
    Boo!

MC Rifle Club was brought up by @marvin02 at the last M&E.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    So BIG news in my ongoing struggles with apartment neighbors.

The day I was dreading finally happened Friday. I heard it from my office while I was play D&D. Screeching tires and a crash, then a mother screaming. I almost didn't want to look. A really nice looking Wide Body Charger went right into a Civic trying to avoid the kid. Civic was pushed into a Jeep Cherokee. Police were called. The kid was OK it looked like. The mom was saying the car hit him, but the driver was saying he avoided and took out the Civic instead. Kid looked ok to me. Ambulance came, but didn't take the kid with them.

I went down and spoke with the officer about the kid running in front of cars and showed him the video I took of the kids playing their favorite game while the parents watched. I don't know if that led to anything, but I have not seen the parents vehicles since Saturday morning.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just tried to kill myself.

Decided to make iced tea so I put the kettle on the stove. I guess it was a little bit too full and instead of whistling it spit water out the spout and up the spout and put out the flame.

Sitting in the living room all of a sudden I think what's that smell? Gas so I look at the kettle and there is no fire under it.

OK, I go out I feel the kettle it's hot so I stand there and pour the water into the pitcher about that time I start feeling woozy.

Oh, there's more gas in here than I thought. So I opened the doors and turned on the fans and now I'm feeling a little better.

I know you are wishing for a different outcome, but here I am here I am.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Decided to make iced tea so I put the kettle on the stove. I guess it was a little bit too full and instead of whistling it spit water out the spout and up the spout and put out the flame.

Sitting in the living room all of a sudden I think what's that smell? Gas so I look at the kettle and there is no fire under it.

OK, I go out I feel the kettle it's hot so I stand there and pour the water into the pitcher about that time I start feeling woozy.

Oh, there's more gas in here than I thought. So I opened the doors and turned on the fans and now I'm feeling a little better.

Glad everything turned out OK, Tom.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I went down and spoke with the officer about the kid running in front of cars and showed him the video I took of the kids playing their favorite game while the parents watched. I don't know if that led to anything, but I have not seen the parents vehicles since Saturday morning.
    I'm sure all the other neighbors appreciate the service you just provided to humanity . . . but Darwin is clearly disappointed.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Don't die yet Tom. I need to ask you a deck question. Thanks.

:@ya:.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I went down and spoke with the officer about the kid running in front of cars and showed him the video I took of the kids playing their favorite game while the parents watched. I don't know if that led to anything, but I have not seen the parents vehicles since Saturday morning
    Hopefully you passed the info on to the driver that wrecked three cars not hitting the kid. He may be able to recover some of his loss with a good attorney.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom