Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Back in the late '80s I lived in Chicago and worked in a large firm in the loop. One day, one of the partners and I had an afternoon meeting with a client and a Federal Agency in the Agency's office in downtown Gary. We drove separately as the parner lived in the South Suburbs. I arrived early and was able to park in the Agency's secured lot. Teh partner arrived later and had to park his Peugeot on the street adjacent to the Agency's building, but out of sight of the guards.

Well at the conclusion of the meeting, we moseyed out of the building and the partner walked off where he had parked. The client and I were in the lot discussing some follow-up matters when he partner returned to the lot. He said "...my car is gone.. Please come check and tell me I'm wrong!" We walked over and he wasn't wrong. No Peugeot. Gone. Empty parking spot.

Agency's guard took a report. Gary PD took a report. A couple of weeks later (I think) Peugeot found somewhere in Gary up on blocks and generally stripped.
    Why on God's green earth would ANYONE steal a Peugeot?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Got Mother's Day dinner reservations booked for the wife. Why so early? First, Mother's Day dining is crazy. Second, the wife's birthday is 2 days after. Pretty much knocking all that out at one time.
    My mom's birthday is always a couple of weeks before Mother's Day. Need to do a lot of planning for gift giving.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom