NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I made this wreath for the winter, and we were planning on leaving it up on the garage for a couple more weeks. I've been seeing a lot of birds on the security camera flying on and off from it. I don't want them nesting in it like we had a few years ago, so I just took it down.

1646494589268.png

We had a robin lay eggs in our wreath a couple of years ago, but the wreath was right under the motion-activated security light on the garage. Every time she would fly up to the nest, the light would come on. I don't think she got any rest, so she abandoned the eggs and they did not hatch.

1646495094199.png

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Spring! Wanna see me make it snow? I'll take that softner salt bag weight outta my truck bed right now!!!! Nah, I'll get it another day, everyone seems to be enjoying this.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Spring! Wanna see me make it snow? I'll take that softner salt bag weight outta my truck bed right now!!!! Nah, I'll get it another day, everyone seems to be enjoying this.
    Yeah, I was thinking about taking mine out, and then I remembered the ice storms we have had in March. Had one that shut the whole region down for at least 4-5 days. How long ago was that? 15-20 years?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Before I toss them, does anyone want some poinsettias? I have two small red ones and one ginormous pink and yellow one. They were all gifts from friends, so I don't want to post on Facebook. We need the space in the house for the tomato plants until we set them outside.

1646499749813.png

1646499661436.png

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Cleaned up the fire pit and built the syrup cooking stove in it this year. Fit like a glove, but I'm in for a long day/night....

Attachments

• IMG_20220305_130053361~2.jpg
      IMG_20220305_130053361~2.jpg
      756 KB · Views: 6

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I arrived at the CP gun show a few minutes after opening while the line was still filing in. Spent about and hour and fifteen minutes there. They had the usual vendors with lots of stuff to look at. I picked up some reasonably priced 158 gr XTP bullets for loading .357 Magnum and also got a pound of AA No. 5 to try in my .45 Colts. Brian's Surplus was well stocked with a good variety of pistol and rifle powders at prevailing market prices. Gun prices ranged from pretty good deals all the way up to laughable. Still not many primers for sale. I saw one brick of Federal SRP priced at $125 but everything else was $150 or up.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Today is my son's 3rd birthday. Was able to spend almost half a day with him as he is at his Aunt's house while my soon to be ex was in Kentucky for a funeral this week. Learned my ex is a liar and exaggerates her stories for pity. Told his Aunt that if she and his Uncle want to see the kids to let me know and we'll figure something out. As they said they will never do anything for her again.

20220305_120253.jpg20220305_120253.jpg

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Today is my son's 3rd birthday. Was able to spend almost half a day with him as he is at his Aunt's house while my soon to be ex was in Kentucky for a funeral this week. Learned my ex is a liar and exaggerates her stories for pity. Told his Aunt that if she and his Uncle want to see the kids to let me know and we'll figure something out. As they said they will never do anything for her again.

View attachment 185960View attachment 185960
    :happybday:

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    9 turkeys went through my woods while I was visiting at the neighbor's across the road. Haven't seen that in a few years.
    Were they wearing masks?
    Only two turkeys sitting out by the fire waiting for the syrup to cook down. Not going to be out here with the winds/storm coming hopefully. Going to stop at about 20 gallons cooked down to about a half gallon of syrup. Probably again tomorrow....

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Were they wearing masks?
    Only two turkeys sitting out by the fire waiting for the syrup to cook down. Not going to be out here with the winds/storm coming hopefully. Going to stop at about 20 gallons cooked down to about a half gallon of syrup. Probably again tomorrow....
    I was also trying to avoid saying "Wild Turkeys" for fear mmpsteve might get too excited.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom