NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I do not see the Lake County Guns Show on the list. Don't let your weekend end like the ceiling fan fiasco. :oldwise:
    I heard a commercial for a gun show at the National Guard Armory, but they did not even say what town it was in. Is it in Hammond? Not sure it was this weekend, but I think so.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I heard a commercial for a gun show at the National Guard Armory, but they did not even say what town it was in. Is it in Hammond? Not sure it was this weekend, but I think so.
    It's the regular Lake County show at the fairgrounds I believe

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Some good news then, at least. I have to believe .gov is going to set up expedited arrangements for Ukraine refugees very soon. I thought I saw something about it, but am now drawing a blank. Continued good luck with it Bob. It is Bob, right?

My memory for names sucks ...

Yes, it is Bob

Looks like we may have found a path to get the kids to London. And we may have found a school there for them to attend too.

Talking to an immigration attorney today. The US has NOT made it easier for Ukrainian refugees to get here.

Canada has made it easy, but neither of my Canadian friends can take in 2 kids and put them into a local school.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Semi vs semi at MM 243. One truck on the shoulder and one on its side in the ditch. Debris in the road (Burger King paper products)

1646403469366.png

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Is anyone in NWI interested in a Paslode framing nailer kit?

It is complete with battery, charger, gas, some nails and I even have a can of cleaner. It's in very good condition and works like new. I just did a thorough cleaning on it. I'm asking $200.

I'll be listing it on either Facebook or in the classifieds.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I do not see the Lake County Guns Show on the list. Don't let your weekend end like the ceiling fan fiasco. :oldwise:
    The gun show is the only thing on tomorrow's list. My wife wanted me to look at new shower enclosures with her before the place closes at noon but I told her that it would have to wait another week so that I can attend the gun show. There will be no remodeling fiascos at my house tomorrow.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Yes, it is Bob

Looks like we may have found a path to get the kids to London. And we may have found a school there for them to attend too.

Talking to an immigration attorney today. The US has NOT made it easier for Ukrainian refugees to get here.

Canada has made it easy, but neither of my Canadian friends can take in 2 kids and put them into a local school.
    Great news.

How about the older sister and grandma?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Great news.

How about the older sister and grandma?
    Not sure about much.

We are working on getting F-1 visas for the 10yo boy and 13yo girl. That is our priority now.

Older sister is 23 or 24 years old. My guess is that she would stay with her grandparents for now. The grandparents have a bit of money and should be able to take care of her for a while.

Dasha's mom & aunt are both divorced, both would try to come here to be with their kids. But having Dasha in close proximity to the kids, plus my family, at least gives them relief until they can figure out what to do. Right now the US is not opening the doors to refugees from Ukraine but Canada is doing that so they may try for Canada, while the kids are here, then eventually move the kids up to Canada? Everything is under consideration.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I hope and pray everything works out for the best. During the Yugoslav Civil wars in the 90's we had family flee Croatia. Thankfully the Catholic church sponsored them to come here. They have been here for 25 years and love living in America.

Hopefully the Canadians will let all of Dasha's family come
    Well to complicate all this mess, Dasha has a RUSSIAN passport. The rest of Dasha's family have UKRAINIAN passports.

ALSO . . . Dasha's student visa expired, she had an appointment to get it renewed but the US embassy cancelled the appointment. Students must LEAVE the US to go to an embassy on foreign soil, get the visa renewed and then return to the US. If she leaves, she won't be allowed back in. So she is pretty much stuck here, which is good for now, but can't get a job, etc.

My wife found a local school that will take the 10 and 13 year old kids, which makes it easy to get them a student visa. Near as I can tell, public schools will NOT take legal foreign war refugees, but will happily take illegal aliens. So the kids need to go a Catholic or Christian school.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom