NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    My wife found a local school that will take the 10 and 13 year old kids, which makes it easy to get them a student visa. Near as I can tell, public schools will NOT take legal foreign war refugees, but will happily take illegal aliens. So the kids need to go a Catholic or Christian school.
    this country is beyond a mess

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Well to complicate all this mess, Dasha has a RUSSIAN passport. The rest of Dasha's family have UKRAINIAN passports.

ALSO . . . Dasha's student visa expired, she had an appointment to get it renewed but the US embassy cancelled the appointment. Students must LEAVE the US to go to an embassy on foreign soil, get the visa renewed and then return to the US. If she leaves, she won't be allowed back in. So she is pretty much stuck here, which is good for now, but can't get a job, etc.

My wife found a local school that will take the 10 and 13 year old kids, which makes it easy to get them a student visa. Near as I can tell, public schools will NOT take legal foreign war refugees, but will happily take illegal aliens. So the kids need to go a Catholic or Christian school.
    This whole situation really stinks. I'm glad to hear that Dasha's siblings have a decent shot of coming to North America.

I hope the state department renews her visa

or she may need to find a husband quickly (insert purple)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well, I think they've stopped flights to Russia.
    But I could be wrong.
    So, if she can't go to Russia..
    While she has a Russian passport she has no home in Russia. She has not had a home in Russia for many years since her parents divorced and her mom, a Ukrainian, moved the family back to Kyiv, Ukraine. For some reason Dasha's passport was never switched from Russian to Ukrainian. So she now is essentially a kid without a country or a home.

She is politically being treated as a Russian, which, given her passport, seems normal. But the situation obviously is not normal given the family moved back to the Ukraine quite a few years ago.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    While she has a Russian passport she has no home in Russia. She has not had a home in Russia for many years since her parents divorced and her mom, a Ukrainian, moved the family back to Kyiv, Ukraine. For some reason Dasha's passport was never switched from Russian to Ukrainian. So she now is essentially a kid without a country or a home.

She is politically being treated as a Russian, which, given her passport, seems normal. But the situation obviously is not normal given the family moved back to the Ukraine quite a few years ago.
    Can she go to the Ukrainian embassy or a Consulate (maybe Chicago?) and get a Ukrainian passport?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom