NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I have a friend and he and his wife both got it.

My friend got a fairly mild case.

His wife got it bad. Almost 2 weeks for her and still going on. She is in pretty rough shape. In Indiana 11% of the people who get it end up in the hospital. Most people in the hospital with Covid are overweight by 20 to 50 pounds. Many have other issues like mild high blood pressure.

Just because it’s not as fatal as many thought doesn’t mean it can’t f’up your world. Do you want to pay the co-pays and non-covered hospital bills associated with a couple weeks stay in the hospital? If you are lucky you get a mild case. If you are one of the 11% that get it but that don’t get a mild case then it’s not quite so fun.

My son and his girlfriend have been quarantining for ~ 12 days now since she tested positive. He tested negative a day after hers and has not presented any symptoms or felt ill. Shes been kind sick, but seems to be coming out of it ok. Strange how one member of a household can have covid and another not catch it. She worked back office at a "doc-in-the-box". No direct contact with patients but lots of folks in the office have developed covid.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    A neighbor acquaintance just went to the hospital with covid. She's only about 60 years old, but has other problems, severe obesity being one. Her husband, who just had knee replacement couple months ago, is still at home, so either didn't get it, or is not real sick.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    A neighbor acquaintance just went to the hospital with covid. She's only about 60 years old, but has other problems, severe obesity being one.

Yeah, this is my fear, and why I'm quarantining so hard. I'm pushing 60, diabetic, obese, and have early stage pulmonary fibrosis, in addition to being on immunosuppressant medications. If I get Covid, I will likely get very sick and there is a very real possibility I could die. My mom is 87, has COPD, and has no one else to take care of her. At this point, my main goal is to stay alive long enough to take care of my mom, whatever that takes. After that, well, who really cares. I won't have anyone to worry about or anyone to worry about me.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yeah, this is my fear, and why I'm quarantining so hard. I'm pushing 60, diabetic, obese, and have early stage pulmonary fibrosis, in addition to being on immunosuppressant medications. If I get Covid, I will likely get very sick and there is a very real possibility I could die. My mom is 87, has COPD, and has no one else to take care of her. At this point, my main goal is to stay alive long enough to take care of my mom, whatever that takes. After that, well, who really cares. I won't have anyone to worry about or anyone to worry about me.

We would worry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom