Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    And on a different topic!

THE DONUT CHICKEN SANDWICH from Kentucky Fried Chicken.

I wanted to try it. It is worth the $.

IT IS A MASTERPIECE that combines the best of a DIABETIC COMA with an artery hardening HEART ATTACK of deep frying and it is wonderful.

Basically 2 freshly hot dipped glazed donuts slapped on a deep fried chicken breast. It is sweet and mildly savory, it drips and oozes hot sugar glaze everywhere (not a car friendly food). Despite their best attempts to contain the lava hot glaze in a piece of deli paper, its a mess to eat.

A gloriously delectable hot mess :rockwoot:

One that you need to try but clearly is a public health threat if you indulge on a regular basis. Skip the Schoops Hamburger one day and pull into KFC. Everyone except Gunbunnies. Gunbunnies can't handle the diabetic coma level of carbs this sandwich contains.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    What the hell? I have bullets coming from Sportsman's Warehouse by UPS tomorrow and there's a "must have an adult signature 21+" stipulation on it.

I've ordered boxes of 1000rds of 5.56 and UPS just drops it at the door but I have to sit around waiting for the Ups truck on a perfect riding weather day to sign for just BULLETS?! I dunno if I'll buy from Sportsman's Warehouse again.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What the hell? I have bullets coming from Sportsman's Warehouse by UPS tomorrow and there's a "must have an adult signature 21+" stipulation on it.

I've ordered boxes of 1000rds of 5.56 and UPS just drops it at the door but I have to sit around waiting for the Ups truck on a perfect riding weather day to sign for just BULLETS?! I dunno if I'll buy from Sportsman's Warehouse again.

There is a driver release form you can fill out on the ups site.
    Jedi ordered a new printer from staples and ups said it was going to need signature confirmation unless I did that form online. Box just got dropped off no signature

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I'll try it but I don't think I've had more than 100 carbs per day in the past year. If I get the runs, I blame you lol

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    There is a driver release form you can fill out on the ups site.
    Jedi ordered a new printer from staples and ups said it was going to need signature confirmation unless I did that form online. Box just got dropped off no signature

Negative Ghost Rider. It's usually an option but I think the age restriction fudges that all to hell.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Sportmans Warehouse is on my S#!t list of companies that I never order from. They are one of the price gouging companies during ammo and gun shortages. I stopped buying from them early in the Obama years.

I'll try it but I don't think I've had more than 100 carbs per day in the past year. If I get the runs, I blame you lol

There is a toilet paper shortage in some areas so you might be risking a lot.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah, I only ordered from them because they were the only place I could find the .50 Cal Speer Deepcurl bullets in stock(and a good price). Everywhere else was out of stock and only had the Hornady XTPs(expensive) or the Berry's(plated= no hot loads)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I've let my stomach reflect a couple hours on my lunch choice and I have to say, I still give this sandwich a hearty :yesway::yesway:

Will I eat another? If I'm out, and no family member is watching me, then oh hell yes.

Now I will issue a serious WARNING.
    This really needs to be eaten while it is reasonably fresh. Go get one, eat it in the restaurant. Or, if you have less than a 5 minute drive, hit the drive through and take it back to the office, home, a park or strip club (where the strippers will be upset because you are enjoying the sammich more than enjoying looking at their boobs).

This sammich must, and I mean absolutely must be eaten while it is still warm/hot so you get the full effect of the lava flow of sugary goodness from the oozing glaze they dipped those donuts in. It should be warm enough that it squishes out of the sammich while you try to bit into it or flatten it to fit it into your mouth.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

If you don't have one go to the UPS site and sign up for a UPS My Choice account, it's free. You will then get an e-mail every time a package is sent to your address. You can also do a change delivery and pick up your shipment at any UPS store. The Hammond hub has funky hours, but it will get there early. I use the UPS store in Merrillville on Rt 30 and Merrillville Rd. They sign for the driver and you sign when you pick it up. They will hold a package for 5 days. You can choose which UPS store that will hold your package if there is another closer to you.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Picked up my m&p 15- 22 from Cabelas.

Popped off 5 rounds on the deck.

Fun lil toy. But only came with one magazine.

Just got an email today on mags for the 15-22. Cant remember from where though. It was a good deal. $15 for factory 25 rounders

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Well, I don't think that's as necessary for a .22. Not going to be taking a 15-22 to war.

Yeah but they're fun and inexpensive to shoot so who wants to waste time loading mags during range time. Get 10, load em up, shoot and enjoy.

Dan, look for some tactical plinker mags. They went out of business but their mags can still be found for cheap. I have 4 of them. Hold 35 rounds and I believe were $8 each. If you can find them also look for the loading tool. It's a specific tool just for those mags
    Think it costs about $8-10. Definitely makes loading them a bunch easier.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Well, I don't think that's as necessary for a .22. Not going to be taking a 15-22 to war.

Rifle magazines, with rare exception, are not made as well or are as durable as handgun magazines. Pmags and Lancer mags may be the exception. But mil spec mags are disposable, and most aftermarket stuff is simply not as durable unless you buy the premium stuff.

I stand by 10 for every rifle and 5 for every handgun.

I'll make an exception for someone who buys the top of the line rifle mags, but I don't think there is a top of the line 15-22 magazine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom