Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I had that donut burger at the PoCo Fair a few years ago. It was very messy. It was ok, not excellent. Would I eat it again-yes. Would I pay for it again-no. Would I travel to go get one-no. If someone was buying and I was right next to the food stand-yes.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I got a new whip. So if you old guys/gal get pushed off the road by this car just smile and wave and know it was in malice.

JkSY3Hd.jpg

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Planted all my pepper seeds today.

Chocolate bhutlah, Carolina reaper, and Trinidad scorpions.

First time trying from seed, but can't get these superhots as plants at the Home Depot so I'm giving it a shot starting in the basement where I overwinter the succulents n stuff.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Any recommendations on septic field replacement companies? I've been using Feikkema to pump out my tank once a year but it's gotten so bad in the last year or two that half my backyard is impassable even after pumping it stays soup.

I had a guy out from Lowell I believe, about 10 years ago to get a price for replacement and he said we'd have to move the field into the woods, which would require a pump and two tanks, land clearing, at a cost of around 30k. I said I'd just keep pumping for $200/pump for a very long time before I spent that kind of money.

I called Feikkema to come out and quote a replacement, but I'd like to get two or three estimates before I spend all my money on poop.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Any recommendations on septic field replacement companies? I've been using Feikkema to pump out my tank once a year but it's gotten so bad in the last year or two that half my backyard is impassable even after pumping it stays soup.

I had a guy out from Lowell I believe, about 10 years ago to get a price for replacement and he said we'd have to move the field into the woods, which would require a pump and two tanks, land clearing, at a cost of around 30k. I said I'd just keep pumping for $200/pump for a very long time before I spent that kind of money.

I called Feikkema to come out and quote a replacement, but I'd like to get two or three estimates before I spend all my money on poop.

economy well or sheehy well and pump, heard good things about both

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Replacing a field. Ouch. Expensive.

I've known about it since the day I bought the house. Been putting it off and just pumping for $200/pop.

But it's really bad now. About 8 years ago I cut a trench through the yard to drain surface water to the empty lot. The last two years that surface water has been carrying a sheen - clearly a good bit of oil seeping up from the field and riding out to the empty lot. Plus, you can smell it when it rains n stuff.

If I can get it done and have a walkable yard again for $10k I'll be happy. Plus, that means I can sell my house. Can't sell with a known bad septic, so it had to be done eventually.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom