repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    was it due to the rain?
    2 nights ago before the storms hit jedi was in pain with a headache. jedi blames the rain
    Wasn't sure if it was the changing weather, slept too long, it was yard work in the heat, didn't hydrate enough. Migraine meds and a nap certainly helped though.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I get to have my coffee listening to a mountain Creek at the edge of the yard. Spending the week outside of Sylva, NC. Told my wife when she posts on Facebook, please tell any burglars back home to be arsonists, too, and burn the damn house down.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I get to have my coffee listening to a mountain Creek at the edge of the yard. Spending the week outside of Sylva, NC. Told my wife when she posts on Facebook, please tell any burglars back home to be arsonists, too, and burn the damn house down.

The Smokies....nice. If our funds allow it, we're heading down there just after Labor Day. Hoping to put a crap-ton of miles on the motorcycles if the weather cooperates.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Won't be lucky, it's rained on and off, you'll get a partial burn and really be hosed.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Which species of milkweed are native? There's 40 species to choose from.

We have pretty successfully grown Coneflower, Black Eyed Susans and Milkweed on our property. I say pretty successfully because the Coneflower and Black Eyed Susans seem to last for 3 to 5 seasons and then die off. The Milkweed, not sure which variety we have, has been a continual grower.

Yarrow is another that will attract butterflies and seems to grow easily and lasts for a long time. It can even be mowed into a lawn and kept low, but will not bloom. Leave it alone and it will bloom and attract butterflies.

From DNR (pleasing to the eye and rabbit resistant with bonus points)
    "I would recommend planting butterfly milkweed (which is an orange color) or whorled milkweed toward the later months of summer. Monarch Joint Venture's website also provides a database of where to locally find milkweed if you're having trouble: https://monarchjointventure.org/get-involved/create-habitat-for-monarchs "

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Poor guy. We got both Thursday and Friday(payday) off.
    They offered the chance, but someone has to be at work, and everyone else is off. Granted, it will be nice and quiet so I'll be able to get way more done too. As long as I'm not dealing with wacky doodles all day.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm home from the national fencing championships. Had a couple kids produce great results and impress some college coaches so we may be sending kids up to Div 1 college teams.

Lawn was mowed this morning. Bring on the rain!

Jedi dare not cross south of the US30 thug line now that I'm home. I'm collecting and training more raccoons to send up his way. Might toss in some woodchucks just for the fun of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom