Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    yup
    i started the day by midway dropping off these girl scout drugs called crack cookies. then the south side of chicago, then east chicago, then hammond, and finally saw acteon and he lives in wooded landed where jason from halloween comes out.

plus im sure racoons were all around.
    :faint:
    So you were in good company with the masked bandits. Did you make S'mores and sing around the campfire and go snipe hunting?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Usually you smell sulfur but see the iron. I have high iron but very little surfer so almost no smell for untreated water but it turns orange quickly. Run it through a softener and its all good.

We've gone a few months without refilling salt and had no issues with water changing colors.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Usually you smell sulfur but see the iron. I have high iron but very little surfer so almost no smell for untreated water but it turns orange quickly. Run it through a softener and its all good.

My water smells of blood and farts both. The fart smell never really goes away, but the iron/blood smell does as long as the softener's working. Blood smell is the first thing that cues me into needing to refill salt.

I've gotten used to showering in farts, but not blood.

We've gone a few months without refilling salt and had no issues with water changing colors.

Even without running out, and using the green bag Morton's salt, the toilet tanks get a ton of rust. Toilet bowls get orange'd if they're not scrubbed weekly. We were gone for two weeks last Feb and I had to get my hand down in the bowl with a scrubber because the toilet brush wasn't cutting it.

When I bought the house and turned the well on, the water ran straight orange for a long time.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A filter does much more good for iron for us than the softener does. I have to change it every 3 or 4 weeks, but there is a world of difference if it is not changed.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Wife finished up a nice stained glass piece for my work area. Looks pretty cool!

rlz18n.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom