Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    As I read this story the neighborhood is alive with fireworks.

We've got them going on at every house around us. Daisy (Rat terrier/chihuahua mix) is about to have a stroke. I also hear a helicopter, which is never good since I'm across the street from St Anthony.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    OMG! From a FB friend:

"Persimmon Pkwy, Hebron. Police officer was having a party at his home, when another officer at the party went to light off a mortar. The mortar didn't go off, the officer went to check it out when the mortar went off and be-headed the officer. Another male at the scene was also badly hurt with head trauma.
    This was witnessed by my daughter who called 911 & my son-in-law.
    My granddaughter was friends with the officer's daughter.
    This is just devastating.
    Asking for prayers for the families, and those that witnessed this traumatic incident.
    Coroner arrived about 15 min. ago.
    The other officer was taken to a trauma center."

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/porter-newsletter/porter-news/porter-county-coroner-is-called-to-the-scene-of-a/article_a7389c92-e4ff-57f7-9930-a90162d26e8e.html?utm_content=buffer5eefd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC

Article says it wasn't an officer. Sad just the same.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I have no clue of I'll see this family at church tomorrow or not, (I'm doubting it) but I'm sure the police community lines are all a buzz which would be my next text.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hunker down everyone. Now there is a helicopter crash somewhere. :runaway:

Been a crazy Independence Day week apparently. At Lake Station Parade on Tuesday evening a drunk hit a couple people including a kid. Then Wednesday afternoon a firework accident in Hobart needing airlift. Then a little later that same day a Fireman/Ems exposed to fentanyl and collapses in Hobart. Then that night lightning strikes a house here in Hobart and family loses everything. Now this. Crazy S**t this week for sure!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Any good CAR STEREO shops in Lake County?

I want to upgrade my stereo in one of my vehicle, don't want to get ripped off.

Just replace the head unit with one that has Apple Car Play and a bit more power than the factory unit ... and I don't want to lose the functionality of the factory back up camera or the factory installed steering wheel controls. Hoping to keep the cost below $500.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you have something not go off, either wait a long time, or... water, lots of water.

Better to write off a firework, than to get hurt.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If you have something not go off, either wait a long time, or... water, lots of water.

Better to write off a firework, than to get hurt.

some people just dont learn.
    look at all those youtube vids of weapons not going off and people looking down the barrel and them boom!

people seems to think its just a little firework. nope u are holding an bomb. treat it as such as it will go boom and you can die! :xmad:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Any good CAR STEREO shops in Lake County?

I want to upgrade my stereo in one of my vehicle, don't want to get ripped off.

Just replace the head unit with one that has Apple Car Play and a bit more power than the factory unit ... and I don't want to lose the functionality of the factory back up camera or the factory installed steering wheel controls. Hoping to keep the cost below $500.

Is Accutek still on the corner of Taft and rt 30, just north of the fruit market? Edit: Google says yes. Accutek Electronics

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom