• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And that's where we disagree. It IS about bump stocks. You are speaking of ideology. I am speaking of a stupid device. This thread is about Bump Stocks.

Thank you for clarifying that you are unable to separate incident-specific details from the matter of principle which is where the real political issue is found.

courier6

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Indiana
    It is what you are discussing. I'm limiting myself to bump stocks. Mission creep results in chaos.

So you agree no one should "Shoot that fast". I'd hate to show you videos of trained people with match grade triggers shooting just as fast.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I'm disappointed in a lot of my fellow INGOers.

If you have uttered the phrase "high cap mag" you may have stepped one foot onto the slippery slope already. We need to un-brainwash you. Repeat after me; the 2A guarantees a free citizen the means to ward off an oppressive tyrannical .gov. We should not allow a .gov to restrict the tools a free citizen would need to fend off same .gov if it were to become tyrannical.

:yesway:

Some times I wish we had a like button on INGO.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    No matter which side you fall one as far as the NRA or bump stocks please take the time to watch this. Thank you

[video=youtube_share;MgKtz6dKOXY]http://youtu.be/MgKtz6dKOXY[/video]

[video=youtube_share;dHFG57B8Up8]http://youtu.be/dHFG57B8Up8[/video]

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    22137246_10213467927228984_8814422550235119001_o.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So what part of "Shall not be infringed" do you have a problem with?

Say I have a 3D printer, and on a whim, I accidentally create this weird thing that you put on a rifle barrel. It's totally innocuous, but for some reason, it makes two rounds fire instead of one. Like... two come out of the barrel at the same time! Crazy!

A year later, someone uses it in a mass shooting... Until then, it'd mostly been ridiculed and made fun of for how impractical and stupid it is.

Legislation is introduced to ban this weird thing I created.

Are we being infringed? Did we lose a piece of our cake? Did we back down an inch?

Or are things exactly like they were before this recent thing was created?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So what part of "Shall not be infringed" do you have a problem with?

You must have missed this post.

Is the bump stock a firearm? Does it fall within the definition of "arms" in 2A?
    Doesn't Heller come into play if you believe it to be an "arm"?

Do mechanical or electro-mechanical assistance devices incorporated into firearms change the character of a firearm from semi-auto to auto?

See, I don't have a problem with your position. You get a vote. One vote.

I don't agree. I get to vote against it.

That's how it works. You aren't trying to persuade me to your side of the argument. You are just arguing.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Say I have a 3D printer, and on a whim, I accidentally create this weird thing that you put on a rifle barrel. It's totally innocuous, but for some reason, it makes two rounds fire instead of one. Like... two come out of the barrel at the same time! Crazy!

A year later, someone uses it in a mass shooting... Until then, it'd mostly been ridiculed and made fun of for how impractical and stupid it is.

Legislation is introduced to ban this weird thing I created.

Are we being infringed? Did we lose a piece of our cake? Did we back down an inch?

Or are things exactly like they were before this recent thing was created?

Yes. we are infringed.

You just described that any forward progress made can be repealed. By this logic, only things that existed when the constitution was created are protected.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes. we are infringed.

You just described that any forward progress made can be repealed. By this logic, only things that existed when the constitution was created are protected.

New and efficient designs of firearms, new features... those are forward progress.

Weird addons that make the gun do things it probably isn't meant to do... addons that might even damage the gun if used improperly, cause frequent jams, overheating... that's not progress. That's just a weird work-around. I can't imagine many here truly believe the bumpstock as "progress" in firearms evolution. We already have full-auto fire, and it works just fine on its own

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Someone has already rigged a Glock to a drone and triggered it by remote.

Technology is increasing at a fast pace. There is almost no end to the creative abilities of humanity.

I didn't hear a lot of squawking over the Glockerized Drone.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    New and efficient designs of firearms, new features... those are forward progress.

Weird addons that make the gun do things it probably isn't meant to do... addons that might even damage the gun if used improperly, cause frequent jams, overheating... that's not progress. That's just a weird work-around. I can't imagine many here truly believe the bumpstock as "progress" in firearms evolution. We already have full-auto fire, and it works just fine on its own

I believe many of the add ons that Californians use to get around the states stupid laws are progress. They are worthless to me because my state doesnt have those restrictions. They make performing tasks easier. From reloading to releasing a magazine. They are progress that serve a purpose. Do you not consider those progress because other states have mag releases?

Or should we ban those too because they violate the essence of the law? and aer just used to get around what the government said.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I can't predict what they'd be happy with. I just know they have the leverage on this issue, we don't.

Yes, yes we do have leverage on this one.
    It's the fact that an agency of the Federal government approved the accessory, initially and then reviewed it two times after that.

Top Bottom