• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yes, yes we do have leverage on this one.
    It's the fact that an agency of the Federal government approved the accessory, initially and then reviewed it two times after that.
    While under the direction of a Democratic President, who could have easily written an EO if this was an issue at all.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, yes we do have leverage on this one.
    It's the fact that an agency of the Federal government approved the accessory, initially and then reviewed it two times after that.

That's not leverage, compared to a mass murder instance with a device that is considered a workaround of federal law. This driven on emotion, not merit.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Someone has already rigged a Glock to a drone and triggered it by remote.

Technology is increasing at a fast pace. There is almost no end to the creative abilities of humanity.

I didn't hear a lot of squawking over the Glockerized Drone.
    Guess I misspoke!

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Will the tax stamp for a bump stock cost $200? I’m seeing a bunch of freedom loveing conservatives and common sense gun law liberals agreeing on this matter. It’s strange to listen to XM radio and hearing conservatives talking about a trade and liberals saying the bump stock ban is dumb.

Maybe they can arrange a trade for a ban on rubber bands.
    [video]https://youtu.be/m5XzQ1BS7gU[/video]

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I see so many people commenting how a bumpfire stock is a gimmick, silly, a range toy, worthless and many other descriptions. The stock makes a semi auto rifle fire faster. When you break it down to the simplest terms, that is all a machine gun/assault rifle or submachine gun does. It fires faster than a semi auto. Period.
    Now, for the last 50+ years, every major army in the world has utilized assault rifles and machine guns. They serve a purpose or they would not be so prolific.
    The original Armalite AR15 rifle was an assault rifle. It was selective fire. They evolved into the M16 rifle.
    So, every AR15 ever made, either commercially or at home, is in essence a "cheat", a work around or a civilian attempt to possess the same type of rifle that our military has, without all the NFA red tape.
    You can have the same barrel length and profile, same pistol grip and hand guards, same six position stock, same sights, same flash suppressor, same detachable 30 round magazine. You just couldn't have the same rate of fire, without the red tape.
    So, some people with ingenuity came up with products to simulate that rate of fire, and this is where you draw your hard line, huh?
    You don't NEED a 30 round magazine or a pistol grip or a flash suppressor, or a bayonet lug. You want it.
    Do you see how silly some people's views on an aftermarket stock sound?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    To express the mechanical conversation I've had over the years with anti-gunners is that a firearm is a controlled explosion, inside a tube, that launches a projectile REALLY fast. Everything else is cosmetic, basically.

Some parts make that happen faster, or more reliably, or more accurately, or more safely. But, when it comes to laws, the authors need to be able to define things. That's always the hard part. Definitions.

The AWB had some horrible definitions, that really don't make sense. The 922 parts list stuff is stupidz. The NFA vertical fore grip stuff is almost nonsensical.

But, the reality is that those kinds of arguments are lost on people who don't care. That's what I always come back to.

Some people just want to make a difference, even if it means legalized nonsense.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    22137246_10213467927228984_8814422550235119001_o.jpg

:yesway:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I see so many people commenting how a bumpfire stock is a gimmick, silly, a range toy, worthless and many other descriptions. The stock makes a semi auto rifle fire faster. When you break it down to the simplest terms, that is all a machine gun/assault rifle or submachine gun does. It fires faster than a semi auto. Period.
    Now, for the last 50+ years, every major army in the world has utilized assault rifles and machine guns. They serve a purpose or they would not be so prolific.
    The original Armalite AR15 rifle was an assault rifle. It was selective fire. They evolved into the M16 rifle.
    So, every AR15 ever made, either commercially or at home, is in essence a "cheat", a work around or a civilian attempt to possess the same type of rifle that our military has, without all the NFA red tape.
    You can have the same barrel length and profile, same pistol grip and hand guards, same six position stock, same sights, same flash suppressor, same detachable 30 round magazine. You just couldn't have the same rate of fire, without the red tape.
    So, some people with ingenuity came up with products to simulate that rate of fire, and this is where you draw your hard line, huh?
    You don't NEED a 30 round magazine or a pistol grip or a flash suppressor, or a bayonet lug. You want it.

M16 = NFA
    AR15 = Non-NFA
    AR15 + device that effectively* eliminates only significant difference between M16 and AR15 = ???

*in terms of putting rounds down range

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm unopposed to NFA-listing bumpstocks in exchange for something of value, which for me personally is de-listing suppressors and/or de-listing SBRs/SBSs. I think federal regulation of interstate reciprocity is a recipe for disaster, so I wouldn't want to exchange bumpstocks for that. But, reasonable people may differ on that.

My line? Bumpstocks. Well, bumpstocks and gat cranks and maybe binary triggers. I wouldn't mind trying a binary trigger, though. I kinda side with GPIashvughunghgud's formulation that all other accessories are unrelated to making firearms shoot faster, which is almost the entirety of the emotional content of the current situation.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

Let's say there's another small town in the middle of nowhere much like Athens TN where local .gov were rigging ballot machines and proclaiming their guy won every single time without oversight. Towns people decide to take back those voting machines illegally removed from their polling place. Towns people are now in an armed standoff with crooked politicians and in the pocket leo with fully automatic weapons.

What other advantages are you willing to cede to a potential tyrannical .gov for peaceful slavery?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    New and efficient designs of firearms, new features... those are forward progress.

Weird addons that make the gun do things it probably isn't meant to do... addons that might even damage the gun if used improperly, cause frequent jams, overheating... that's not progress. That's just a weird work-around. I can't imagine many here truly believe the bumpstock as "progress" in firearms evolution. We already have full-auto fire, and it works just fine on its own

Someone with a musket might say that about your present gun.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    So if the bumpfire stocks become an NFA item will there also be a $200 tax and waiting period on bumpfire rubber bands? Do we ban AK47s altogether since you can bumpfire them with a loose grip?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don't think we should ban anything.

It shouldn't, but currently... without paperwork and a gun made for it... it is. We, as a community, look bad when we try to beat the system. Gun owners already look bad enough to some people.
    So 80%'s should be lumped in with bump fire accessories as well?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So if the bumpfire stocks become an NFA item will there also be a $200 tax and waiting period on bumpfire rubber bands? Do we ban AK47s altogether since you can bumpfire them with a loose grip?

Well, there's a waiting period if I jury rig an oil filter on a 10/22... like a long wait in a small cell.

Top Bottom