Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I agree absolutes are bad no matter which way they are being directed.

Electricity has seen huge hikes and will continue to raise and I believe will become as unstable as gas prices (brown outs / black outs / premium usage hours) all of those things are already being implemented in “green states”

Edit to add: as long as I am predicting things I also think in the NEAR future when these cars start to die off at substantial rates they will implement a HEFTY tax/fee for disposal. But that won’t be put into effect until there is a large number of them in circulation or else that will be another strike against EV’s
    That could be. Battery technology is evolving quickly too. I am thinking that before I am ready to get rid of this one there will be totally different options out there. I don't plan to still have it when the batteries are toast.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Oh the irony in needing to buy more tools to put together a tool cart... On the positive side I now have a new set of Kobalt ratcheting wrenches from the Lowe's clearance rack. Also what kind of a sadomasochist engineer would design a place with 4 bolts with less than an inch of work room preventing the use of a drill...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Ssshhhh
    We can get him to sign over all his stuff if we go pick him up. He will be all loopy. :p

In all seriousness
    No getting out of bed for a few days, only to go potty.
    No picking up ANYTHING not even a pencil.
    Oh no! We're going to hear about his **** again.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Oh FFS. I never claimed to buy the car to save the planet. I couldn't give a **** about any of that. The few people I know that also own one are the same. People against the idea of EVs in general are the ones that always attribute that to the people that buy them.
    I'm not against them either. I just don't think they are currently right for my needs. If I got one, I would be putting a lot more miles on my truck, which I'd prefer not to do.

Honestly the Toyota bZ4x in Front WD is close, but with AWD the range is too low.
    The Hyundai Ionic 5 SEL is even closer due to the range, it claims 266 miles with the AWD so I could PROBABLY do that one. But the inventory on those is scarce, the next level up in trim seems to push the price to ~$63,000+ which just seems pretty crazy given the limits.

I could get a similar size hybrid Toyota Venza, with similar equipment, that delivers 40mpg for about $51,000. Granted the acceleration is not as good with the hybrid but the range issue is eliminated. I just don't see $12,000 worth of advantages. If the price was closer it would sway the decision.

The lovely Mrs_Bob demands AWD on vehicles because we tend to drive thru the snow belt frequently and live where snow plows are rare and unusual creatures in the winter.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I was hoping there was another option, than just yanking it.
    But... it seems not.
    There are a few options other than surgery. Look up Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL). (Actually kinda sorta like a sonar emitter but not really.)
    And there are oral medications that try to dissolve gallstones but they don't always work on some types of stones.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There are a few options other than surgery. Look up Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL). (Actually kinda sorta like a sonar emitter but not really.)
    And there are oral medications that try to dissolve gallstones but they don't always work on some types of stones.

I'm a little leary of chemicals.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm not against them either. I just don't think they are currently right for my needs. If I got one, I would be putting a lot more miles on my truck, which I'd prefer not to do.

Honestly the Toyota bZ4x in Front WD is close, but with AWD the range is too low.
    The Hyundai Ionic 5 SEL is even closer due to the range, it claims 266 miles with the AWD so I could PROBABLY do that one. But the inventory on those is scarce, the next level up in trim seems to push the price to ~$63,000+ which just seems pretty crazy given the limits.

I could get a similar size hybrid Toyota Venza, with similar equipment, that delivers 40mpg for about $51,000. Granted the acceleration is not as good with the hybrid but the range issue is eliminated. I just don't see $12,000 worth of advantages. If the price was closer it would sway the decision.

The lovely Mrs_Bob demands AWD on vehicles because we tend to drive thru the snow belt frequently and live where snow plows are rare and unusual creatures in the winter.
    Teslas are 300-400, but I can't get over the cabin. I want my car to have a fricking dashboard.
    Lucid has one that will top 500, but they are more expensive than a Tesla S Plaid.
    The Hyundai Ioniq 6 says 361.

I also always get AWD, for much the same reason. I also put Winter tires on all of my vehicles.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Teslas are 300-400, but I can't get over the cabin. I want my car to have a fricking dashboard.
    Lucid has one that will top 500, but they are more expensive than a Tesla S Plaid.
    The Hyundai Ioniq 6 says 361.

I also always get AWD, for much the same reason. I also put Winter tires on all of my vehicles.
    The vehicles that get the ranges I need are all far more expensive that I'm willing to pay given that I am constantly throwing in fencing equipment bags and also have a toddler who throws cereal and other food stuffs around the back seat.

Pretty much setting my top limit at something under $60K, and about $50k is more desirable; I have to admit that I love the Lucid, but not for a knock around car. Not a fan of the Tesla looks, inside or out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom