• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Today Show is already hyping this up from the white supremacist angle. Making sure to focus on (stock photos) people carrying handguns and AR-15s, and of course the Charlottesville references. :rolleyes:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I should probably switch over to Fox. I never watch it, but I have a feeling that if I watch NBC, it's just going to raise my blood pressure.

Off work today, TV on mute with the radio on WIBC. When they get done with the Jennifer/Brad SAG Awards meeting maybe they'll go to Richmond.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The FNC report from Richmond showed a tame scene with lots of people waiting to get in. They also interviewed a shooting range owner that would be run out of business because she employees more than 50 people. She invited governor Northam to come out and shoot at her range and gave a very good interview.

so far so good. Let’s hope it stays that way.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The FNC report from Richmond showed a tame scene with lots of people waiting to get in. They also interviewed a shooting range owner that would be run out of business because she employees more than 50 people. She invited governor Northam to come out and shoot at her range and gave a very good interview.

Yep, I'm hoping things remain civil, but that also the governor understands in no uncertain terms how his constituents feel about this BS.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Amen

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Apparently Trump tweeted his support for the pro-2A side and blasted the VA governor and democrats in general for trying to take away their guns.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I kinda think the threats of far right extremist violence is far overblown. The vast majority of people are there to protest peacefully. And it looks like it’s shaping up that way so far. But, I would not be surprised if some extremists tried to use this as a catalyst for starting the civil war they want. People like the Christchurch shooter who just want to see it all burn might try to use this event to egg on the government to turn this bloody.

I hope the people there will hold each other accountable for behavior. I do think there is a nonzero likelihood that some extremists will try to disrupt things either from the left or the right. If people start behaving like they’re about to water the tree of liberty on the spot, they should be quickly kicked out of the group and sent on their way somewhere else. This is not the time for that. I just hope the leaders of this event are on top of that. So far it seems pretty well organized for a peaceful event.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I see the guys wearing full battle rattle and just shake my head. If shooting starts guess whos getting shot first!
    I just think this needs to be about the people and not look militaristic.
    If they want to wear armor and carry an AR then imo its better to do it concealed and in a way their "machines" cant see what you have.
    Mylar emergency blankets work well under coats.
    Im always all for being prepared for self defense but dont look like a retard doing it

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I kinda think the threats of far right extremist violence is far overblown. The vast majority of people are there to protest peacefully. And it looks like it’s shaping up that way so far. But, I would not be surprised if some extremists tried to use this as a catalyst for starting the civil war they want. People like the Christchurch shooter who just want to see it all burn might try to use this event to egg on the government to turn this bloody.

I hope the people there will hold each other accountable for behavior. I do think there is a nonzero likelihood that some extremists will try to disrupt things either from the left or the right. If people start behaving like they’re about to water the tree of liberty on the spot, they should be quickly kicked out of the group and sent on their way somewhere else. This is not the time for that. I just hope the leaders of this event are on top of that. So far it seems pretty well organized for a peaceful event.

It does seem too convenient that three ***holes from other States get arrested and it's now an emergency.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It does seem too convenient that three ***holes from other States get arrested and it's now an emergency.
    All while being monitored by the feds too. No threat was ever present. All a sham.
    If anything happens today i suspect it will be antifa dressed as patriots and starting violence. Anyone there needs to document everything. Im sure there are plenty of law enforcement both local and federal in the crowd filming as well posing as patriots, they do this even at local rallies. So there WILL be a record of what really happened if crap starts.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I see the guys wearing full battle rattle and just shake my head. If shooting starts guess whos getting shot first!
    I just think this needs to be about the people and not look militaristic.
    If they want to wear armor and carry an AR then imo its better to do it concealed and in a way their "machines" cant see what you have.
    Mylar emergency blankets work well under coats.
    Also I’m not fond of seeing people armed people wearing military looking gear with their faces covered. No problem at all with them being armed citizens. I would expect to see armed citizens at a rally for citizens right to bear arms. But wearing the masked faces and military gear makes them look like they’re planning to do something they don’t want to be identified for doing.

Maybe they’re afraid of being doxxed. But it’s not helping. If hou’re gonna be armed, it would better serve the cause to wear nice street clothes while being armed. Way harder for NBC and Kut to claim they’re a radical WN group of armed thugs, if they’re all being who they are in their real lives while at the rally.

Oh. And the guy carrying around the Barrett, first, very cool. But that’s gonna end up in the news not in a good way. And it doesn’t look like he has the physique to carry it around all day.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All while being monitored by the feds too. No threat was ever present. All a sham.
    If anything happens today i suspect it will be antifa dressed as patriots and starting violence. Anyone there needs to document everything. Im sure there are plenty of law enforcement both local and federal in the crowd filming as well posing as patriots, they do this even at local rallies. So there WILL be a record of what really happened if crap starts.
    It was my first thought that the people showing up with bandannas over their faces were Antifa people. I think if you’re covering your face, there is a stronger likelihood you’re up to no good.

Top Bottom