• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Another recent development was the other day, CNN posted a bunch of quotes of Trump expressing his enjoyment with Wikileaks. I didn't realize that schadenfreude was illegal.

A potential presidential candidate expressing enjoyment over an organization illegally distributing classified US intelligence?
    Why give that impression? He could've publicly condemned the releases, and said "...but since they were released," and then made use of the information. But Trump doesn't think like that, he's always trying angle for how things benefit him.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The only election interference we had was the left trying to cheat... again... with the usual dead, illegal and made up voters.
    Russia had nothing to do with that.

Now if Putin ends up on my ballot.... that might change things. :rolleyes:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Really don't want to hear about "Republican gerrymandered districts" when I moved from Southport up to the NW side of Indy and still managed to get stuck in Andy Jacobs/Julia Carson/Andre Carson fiefdom.

If you know about congressional districts, you are sorta responsibble for your own move and destiny, aren't you?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A potential presidential candidate expressing enjoyment over an organization illegally distributing classified US intelligence?
    Why give that impression? He could've publicly condemned the releases, and said "...but since they were released," and then made use of the information. But Trump doesn't think like that, he's always trying angle for how things benefit him.

I didn't realize that the DNC computer records proving that the DNC was actively working to cheat Bernie were classified intelligence.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    What dirt on Trump? The Russian meddling felt more opportunistic than targeted, whoever they could stir up they stirred up. The big disconnect was in coverage. All the ****ty things trump did were front and center week after week. Which ironically seemed to embolden his supporters and numb everyone else. Where Clinton's misdeeds were intentionally glossed over.

I think Clinton is a more chilling, ruthless, evil Character than Trump, but I don't think that's mutually exclusive with Trump being genuinely ****ty person. For people to become die hard uncompromising partisans is what the Russian trolls wanted, not a particular political outcome.

Yes and no. It is important to remember that the bulk of the Russian meddling did not occur until after the election The Russians had already invested in the Clintons and would have benefited from a Hillary victory which they almost certainly expected. After Trump won they took the opportunity presented to them to create division and undermine confidence in the system.The Democrats have long been more than willing to to collude with foreign powers for the hope of political benefit so they were more than happy to use and expand on Russia's efforts.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes and no. It is important to remember that the bulk of the Russian meddling did not occur until after the election The Russians had already invested in the Clintons and would have benefited from a Hillary victory which they almost certainly expected. After Trump won they took the opportunity presented to them to create division and undermine confidence in the system.The Democrats have long been more than willing to to collude with foreign powers for the hope of political benefit so they were more than happy to use and expand on Russia's efforts.

Did you write that wrong? The Russian would have benefited from a Clinton victory? How so? The current administration, IMO, is far more favorable to the Putin Regime than if Clinton had of been elected. Listening to our president, you'd think the Russians aren't a threat. He has stated that he doesn't believe the Russians meddled on several occasions, and even joked to Putin about not messing in future elections. He tried to get the RNC to stop it's plan supporting arming the Ukrainians. The Russians have harassed out military in the air and in the high seas. The president hasn't ONCE criticized Putin directly. He's dragged his feet on implementing congressional approved sanctions, and removed sanctions on certain individuals (for what?). The most critical people, of Russia, in the Trump administration have been repeatedly shown the door or pushed aside.
    You statement doesn't seem to jive, with what we know, and because the president has presented many of his views publicly, I reject the notion that this is some sort pf 4D Chess that the American citizenry understands.
    And I have no idea where the "Democrats have long been more than willing to collude with foreign powers" comes from, as it appears to exclude Republicans from the notion.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Most russian meddling occurred after the election? How do you figure that? They still have maga and black lives matter Twitter troll accounts spamming memes but the email hacking and dumps were prior to the election. The meddling is always ongoing but I'm not sure what 'bulk' happened after the election.

Also this is the first I'm hearing that Russia wanted Hilary to win.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You must be “bot savvy”

tenor.gif

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Did you write that wrong? The Russian would have benefited from a Clinton victory? How so? The current administration, IMO, is far more favorable to the Putin Regime than if Clinton had of been elected. Listening to our president, you'd think the Russians aren't a threat. He has stated that he doesn't believe the Russians meddled on several occasions, and even joked to Putin about not messing in future elections. He tried to get the RNC to stop it's plan supporting arming the Ukrainians. The Russians have harassed out military in the air and in the high seas. The president hasn't ONCE criticized Putin directly. He's dragged his feet on implementing congressional approved sanctions, and removed sanctions on certain individuals (for what?). The most critical people, of Russia, in the Trump administration have been repeatedly shown the door or pushed aside.
    You statement doesn't seem to jive, with what we know, and because the president has presented many of his views publicly, I reject the notion that this is some sort pf 4D Chess that the American citizenry understands.
    And I have no idea where the "Democrats have long been more than willing to collude with foreign powers" comes from, as it appears to exclude Republicans from the notion.

Trump has not given the Russians anything of value in exchange for money. Hillary has.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

But no less a light than The Enlightened One, the world's most perfect president, told us Russia wasn't a threat

​"When you were asked, what's the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said 'Russia.' Not Al-Qaeda; you said Russia," Obama charged. "And, the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back, because, the Cold War's been over for 20 years."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Can't have it both ways, that Russia isn't a threat when Obama wants to 'have more flexibility' or The Hag wants to sell them 20% of our uranium, but when Trump tries to find the correct setting on the new cold war dial he's a Russian stooge

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Most russian meddling occurred after the election? How do you figure that? They still have maga and black lives matter Twitter troll accounts spamming memes but the email hacking and dumps were prior to the election. The meddling is always ongoing but I'm not sure what 'bulk' happened after the election.

Also this is the first I'm hearing that Russia wanted Hilary to win.

The bulk of the Russian meddling that was cited in the Mueller Report. Read the report and check the dates of noted activity.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

LOL, Russia not only has a history of monetary payments... I mean donations to the Clintons, they also had plenty of dirt with which to apply leverage on Hillary in particular thanks to her home brew server and incredibly lax cyber security just begging to be hacked. Oh, so Teddy Kennedy was a Republican when he contacted Russian officials imploring them to help defeat Reagan? And Hillary was apparently an unknown Republican too when she commissioned the Steele Dossier?

Top Bottom