• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When you think about it we should welcome an impeachment. Really!

It would force BOTH sides to throw down with actual allegations regarding specific details and facts, which in my opinion both sides are woefully lacking in. Nonetheless, it would create a crucible to force some degree of clarity to emerge and I don't think either side wants that. So it won't happen. They'll both just yell and scream and gnash their teeth without really doing anything, but hey! It looks great for both sides base.

Doug

No, let's not. It's not gonna happen that way. The partisans will stick to their sides. It doesn't work like an actual trial. It works like partisans acting like partisans.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's a large presumption. No neutral third party ever examined the server. The Democrats refused to cooperate with such an investigation. The people who published the emails denied it came from Russians and no credible evidence has ever been presented contradicting it. Also, there are the time stamps that indicate that the files were moved via a local file copy (in other words an insider), rather than transferred over the web to Russia or some other location.

It's not a presumption. It's the "official" word. Not that the "official" word means a lot. But I have no reason to doubt the Russians would have hacked it. Doesn't matter anyway because my point was about who had more impact. Comey had the most of any individual, in terms of undue influence. Maybe it was Russians. Maybe China, maybe Norks. Who knows. The information used from the hack indeed cost Democrats votes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The FBI tried to get access to the server but was denied. I wasn't even aware that was option since this was a national security issue.

BTW, given that I believe that the leak was from an insider (but even if it was Russians), they did America a favor by informing the public of the corruption in the Democrat primaries. It was the Democrats themselves who were corrupting the voting process, not the one revealing the corruption.

It truly is a Brave New World when speaking the truth is considered corrupting an election.

Sad as that is.....truth here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree. This really is a dead ox that keeps getting gored. Reminds me of the Benghazi brouhaha from the other side.

Trump was not conspiring with the Russians. I repeat, Trump was not conspiring with the Russians. Trump was not cooperating...which I heartily agree with. **** the lawyers. Obstruction is like a cop saying "stop resisting". **** that.

I also agree that Comey had more of an effect on the election than any other individual person (candidates excepted). He should be in prison.

:thumbsup:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    It's not a presumption. It's the "official" word. Not that the "official" word means a lot. But I have no reason to doubt the Russians would have hacked it. Doesn't matter anyway because my point was about who had more impact. Comey had the most of any individual, in terms of undue influence. Maybe it was Russians. Maybe China, maybe Norks. Who knows. The information used from the hack indeed cost Democrats votes.

No external hacking was used to pull the info from the DNC server that went to Wikileaks. That server may have been hacked by other parties, but that wasn't who handed the info out for publication.

Comey's real crime was not recommending charges against Hillary when he listed all of her violations the first time. My jaw hit the floor when I watched that live.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No external hacking was used to pull the info from the DNC server that went to Wikileaks. That server may have been hacked by other parties, but that wasn't who handed the info out for publication.

Comey's real crime was not recommending charges against Hillary when he listed all of her violations the first time. My jaw hit the floor when I watched that live.

I was traveling when I heard it. Listened to the whole press conference on the radio. The way Comey built up to it, I thought, holy ****. He’s making the case to the public for why he’s recommending charges! Then like Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown, Comey driveled on about “intent”.

Afterwards I tried to make sense of it. I mean, why go through all that just to say no charges? He didn’t need to do that.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was traveling when I heard it. Listened to the whole press conference on the radio. The way Comey built up to it, I thought, holy ****. He’s making the case to the public for why he’s recommending charges! Then like Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown, Comey driveled on about “intent”.

Afterwards I tried to make sense of it. I mean, why go through all that just to say no charges? He didn’t need to do that.

When people are lying, it's not unusual for them to try really hard to "convince" you. Honest people speaking the truth don't assume that the listener believes they are lying, so they don't overcompensate.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Of course. Something to consider about Russia's involvement...

They didn't have zero impact. But if we're talking about undue influence on elections, James Comey likely had a larger effect on the election than anything Russia did. His passive/aggressive non-indictment at his highly unusual press conference validated in a lot of voters minds that the email fraud was real, and that Hillary was not trustworthy. Then Comey wrote the letter to congress reopening the case, which reminded America just how wide it was.

But, that's not to say that Russia had no large impact at all. Presuming that the origins of the leaked DNC emails was indeed the Russians, the news about the DNC working to put Hillary ahead of Bernie really pissed a lot of Bernie supporters off. Some stayed home, and according to some polls, 8-12% of Bernie supporters flipped to Trump.

No disagreement here. I would point out that the Steele dossier and a few other bits from Russia via Fusion GPS paid for by the Clinton campaign and/or the DNC didnt do Trump any favors. It seems that the Ruskies were angling for chaos rather than one candidate or the other. If their goal is to destabilize us through undermining public confidence in our entire system of government, they have succeeded brilliantly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No disagreement here. I would point out that the Steele dossier and a few other bits from Russia via Fusion GPS paid for by the Clinton campaign and/or the DNC didnt do Trump any favors. It seems that the Ruskies were angling for chaos rather than one candidate or the other. If their goal is to destabilize us through undermining public confidence in our entire system of government, they have succeeded brilliantly.

Yes they have if that was the intent but half the electorate being under/non informed and bat :poop: crazy with hate is the deciding factor. Far to easy being manipulated.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Undermine confidence yeah to a degree but I am interested in how this will effect voter turnout.
    I tend to think it will get more people interested and drive it up.
    I guess we can revisit the numbers after 2020 to see.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Why? You're not used to seeing high ranking politicians walk for crimes?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Undermine confidence yeah to a degree but I am interested in how this will effect voter turnout.
    I tend to think it will get more people interested and drive it up.
    I guess we can revisit the numbers after 2020 to see.

I'll still be baffled if Trump matches his 2016 popular vote turnout. I just don't see that happening. Anybody seen any stories of people who voted against Trump in the general election coming over to the Trump side?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Actually, i've read a number of NeverTrumper commentators who have come over to his side. Can't say specifically about how they voted.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'll still be baffled if Trump matches his 2016 popular vote turnout. I just don't see that happening. Anybody seen any stories of people who voted against Trump in the general election coming over to the Trump side?
    Do you think any mainstream media would carry that story? I have heard a few people call in to talk radio that said they were going to vote for Trump this time but didn't last time. I have no idea if turnout will be up or down. I think the scenes of the police being openly attacked with water in NY and now Georgia is likely to help his turnout. I also know that some supporters seem to be growing disenchanted for various reasons. If Biden wins the nomination, I don't think the far left is going to have a good turn out. If one of the wild eyed leftists get the nomination, I don't think the turn out from the traditional Democrats will be as strong. I guess that is why we have elections, we will see.

Top Bottom