• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    One thing has not changed from 2016: anyone who says they are a Trump supporter is instantly attacked as being stupid, racist, and evil. Therefore, few Trump supporters will admit to being such.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    One thing has not changed from 2016: anyone who says they are a Trump supporter is instantly attacked as being stupid, racist, and evil. Therefore, few Trump supporters will admit to being such.

Another reason I like to vote absentee.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'll still be baffled if Trump matches his 2016 popular vote turnout. I just don't see that happening. Anybody seen any stories of people who voted against Trump in the general election coming over to the Trump side?

You aren't familiar with this movement?

https://www.walkawaycampaign.com
    #WalkAway Campaign

I suspect where you'll go next, so ask yourself - if they walk away from the Democrats, where are they going to go as an alternative, the Greens or the Libertarians?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It also doesn't factor in gerrymandered congressional districts by the republicans set up to minimize the effects of democrat voters. One needs only to look at state assemblies and and senators. The effect at the national level is there to some degree, but probably less pronounced.

Really don't want to hear about "Republican gerrymandered districts" when I moved from Southport up to the NW side of Indy and still managed to get stuck in Andy Jacobs/Julia Carson/Andre Carson fiefdom.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://www.goerie.com/news/20190602/erie-gop-converting-democrats-adding-to-party-ranks
    Erie GOP converting Democrats, adding to party ranks

Over the past decade and continuing into the first five months of 2019, nearly 4,000 more previously registered Democrats have switched their party affiliation to Republican in Erie County than Republican to Democrat.

https://www.politifact.com/pennsylv...nnsylvania-democrats-fleeing-party-become-re/
    Are Pennsylvania Democrats fleeing the party to become Republicans?

29,354 Pennsylvania Democrats become registered Republicans.
    19,815 Republicans become registered Democrats.

113,870 Democrats go Republican.
    47,585 Republicans go Democrat.

30,482 Democrats go Republican.
    17,289 Republicans go Democrat.

19,903 Democrats go Republican.
    16,559 Republicans go Democrat.

16,921 Democrats go Republican.
    12,454 Republicans go Democrat.

Between 2008 and 2017 in Pennsylvania, 335,745 Democrats became Republicans and 191,926 Republicans became Democrats. Also during that time period, 189,913 unaffiliated or third party voters became Democrats and 144,270 became Republicans.[That's 480015 Republican to 381839 Democrat. When you try to minimize that, it is a 25.7% win for the Republican side and a cumulative percentage advantage for the period of a steady 2.6% per year]

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've thought that's the way ballots should be counted anyway. Have all the party representatives there when the ballots are counted. Then maybe boxes and boxes of ballots would stop turning up from trunks of cars, back rooms, and who knows where else.

Of course, maybe nothing would get counted because the partisans would question every ballot.

That's the way ballots are supposed to be counted, but in precincts that are heavily weighted one way or another, it can be difficult to get other party representatives to work the polls. Of course, in some jurisdictions, opposing party representatives are made "not welcome" as well, and that's where the fertile ground for election fraud is.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://kfor.com/2018/09/12/thousands-of-oklahomans-switch-political-party-affiliation/
    Thousands of Oklahomans switch political party affiliation

State Election Board officials have released numbers this week showing the amount of Oklahomans who have switched their political party affiliation in the last six months.

The office started processing the requests on September 1, the day the blackout period ended. Oklahomans could not switch party affiliation from April 1 through August 31.

More than 19,000 Oklahomans made the switch with the majority moving to the Republican party. More than 9,000 Democrats and around 3,500 Independents switched to Republican.

The information is out there, but I wouldn't look for it on CNN, in the NYT or WaPo, or on the first couple of search results pages from Google

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I really don't know. I do know when I was looking to buy a house in 1994, I checked fire departments, flood plains, tornado history (I worked for Emergency Management then) but didn't think to check the voting maps.
    Voting maps should've been first on the list.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No disagreement here. I would point out that the Steele dossier and a few other bits from Russia via Fusion GPS paid for by the Clinton campaign and/or the DNC didnt do Trump any favors. It seems that the Ruskies were angling for chaos rather than one candidate or the other. If their goal is to destabilize us through undermining public confidence in our entire system of government, they have succeeded brilliantly.

Yep. Someone posted an article on INGO some time ago which showed that Russians are playing both ends against each other. If we’re going to talk about meddling which favors the right, they’re favoring the left too.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yep. Someone posted an article on INGO some time ago which showed that Russians are playing both ends against each other. If we’re going to talk about meddling which favors the right, they’re favoring the left too.

They're favoring the divisiveness and they're doing a pretty knock up job at it too.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Another recent development was the other day, CNN posted a bunch of quotes of Trump expressing his enjoyment with Wikileaks. I didn't realize that schadenfreude was illegal.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They're favoring the divisiveness and they're doing a pretty knock up job at it too.

Very true. That said, I can't help but notice that the things told on Hillary were the truth where most of the dirt on Trump has proven to have been, well, more imaginative in nature.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Another recent development was the other day, CNN posted a bunch of quotes of Trump expressing his enjoyment with Wikileaks. I didn't realize that schadenfreude was illegal.

CNN has been selling shadenfreude for the last 2.5+ years in their coverage of Trump.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Very true. That said, I can't help but notice that the things told on Hillary were the truth where most of the dirt on Trump has proven to have been, well, more imaginative in nature.

What dirt on Trump? The Russian meddling felt more opportunistic than targeted, whoever they could stir up they stirred up. The big disconnect was in coverage. All the ****ty things trump did were front and center week after week. Which ironically seemed to embolden his supporters and numb everyone else. Where Clinton's misdeeds were intentionally glossed over.

I think Clinton is a more chilling, ruthless, evil Character than Trump, but I don't think that's mutually exclusive with Trump being genuinely ****ty person. For people to become die hard uncompromising partisans is what the Russian trolls wanted, not a particular political outcome.

Top Bottom