• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Here is a copy of Robert Mueller's EXACT instructions from then Acting Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3726408-Rosenstein-letter-appointing-Mueller-special.html

NOWHERE in these instructions is there any mention of obstruction by the president into the investigation. Even giving paragraph b.ii. significant interpretation it would allow for those investigated to be charged with crimes regarding lying, perjury, destroying evidence etc, but I don't see how it could go so far as obstruction into the investigation itself. All matters should have been regarding the interference section prior to the election. In my opinion.

Regards,

Doug

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I really don't know what more needs to be discussed about Mueller. It's over. I see no legitimate grounds for impeachment. If you don't want Trump to be president next term, vote for someone else. If you do want Trump to be president, then vote for him. Other than that, you'd be doing yourself and America a favor by moving on.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I really don't know what more needs to be discussed about Mueller. It's over. I see no legitimate grounds for impeachment. If you don't want Trump to be president next term, vote for someone else. If you do want Trump to be president, then vote for him. Other than that, you'd be doing yourself and America a favor by moving on.

Nadler says he's moving forward, regardless, on impeachment inquiry.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    When you think about it we should welcome an impeachment. Really!

It would force BOTH sides to throw down with actual allegations regarding specific details and facts, which in my opinion both sides are woefully lacking in. Nonetheless, it would create a crucible to force some degree of clarity to emerge and I don't think either side wants that. So it won't happen. They'll both just yell and scream and gnash their teeth without really doing anything, but hey! It looks great for both sides base.

Doug

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    But, that's not to say that Russia had no large impact at all. Presuming that the origins of the leaked DNC emails was indeed the Russians, the news about the DNC working to put Hillary ahead of Bernie really pissed a lot of Bernie supporters off.

That's a large presumption. No neutral third party ever examined the server. The Democrats refused to cooperate with such an investigation. The people who published the emails denied it came from Russians and no credible evidence has ever been presented contradicting it. Also, there are the time stamps that indicate that the files were moved via a local file copy (in other words an insider), rather than transferred over the web to Russia or some other location.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's a large presumption. No neutral third party ever examined the server. The Democrats refused to cooperate with such an investigation. The people who published the emails denied it came from Russians and no credible evidence has ever been presented contradicting it. Also, there are the time stamps that indicate that the files were moved via a local file copy (in other words an insider), rather than transferred over the web to Russia or some other location.

Could there even be a neutral 3rd party with all this money and deal making going on. I for one do not believe that one exists.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Could there even be a neutral 3rd party with all this money and deal making going on. I for one do not believe that one exists.

The FBI tried to get access to the server but was denied. I wasn't even aware that was option since this was a national security issue.

BTW, given that I believe that the leak was from an insider (but even if it was Russians), they did America a favor by informing the public of the corruption in the Democrat primaries. It was the Democrats themselves who were corrupting the voting process, not the one revealing the corruption.

It truly is a Brave New World when speaking the truth is considered corrupting an election.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I agree. This really is a dead ox that keeps getting gored. Reminds me of the Benghazi brouhaha from the other side.

Trump was not conspiring with the Russians. I repeat, Trump was not conspiring with the Russians. Trump was not cooperating...which I heartily agree with. **** the lawyers. Obstruction is like a cop saying "stop resisting". **** that.

I also agree that Comey had more of an effect on the election than any other individual person (candidates excepted). He should be in prison.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The FBI tried to get access to the server but was denied. I wasn't even aware that was option since this was a national security issue.

BTW, given that I believe that the leak was from an insider (but even if it was Russians), they did America a favor by informing the public of the corruption in the Democrat primaries. It was the Democrats themselves who were corrupting the voting process, not the one revealing the corruption.

It truly is a Brave New World when speaking the truth is considered corrupting an election.
    I wouldn't have thought that would have been optional either. If the Russians hacked one of our computers, I bet it would not be optional. If they wanted it, they would take it.
    I didn't realize the lawyer sitting with Mueller at the hearing, who was the chief of staff for the investigation, represented Hillary during the server fiasco and was involved in smashing her blackberries with the hammer... How did he end up on the Trump investigation? How did I not know about it before now?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The alternative is to have a team of partisans from both sides like they do counting ballots.

I've thought that's the way ballots should be counted anyway. Have all the party representatives there when the ballots are counted. Then maybe boxes and boxes of ballots would stop turning up from trunks of cars, back rooms, and who knows where else.

Of course, maybe nothing would get counted because the partisans would question every ballot.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom