Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    We're coming up on our next shoot!

Redbrush IDPA May 5th

New Shooters Meeting: 10:30
    Match Starts: 11:00 (ish:D)

Shotgun Sidematch Following

Cost: $15 for one gun, $20 for two guns, $5 for Sidematch

ETA: It's came to my attention that these fees might change. I just based them off what I was charged the past couple matches. I'll see if I can verify and if so I'll post it up. Thanks.

Last edited:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    We seriously need INGO user name tags lol

Anybody have a friend of a friend that can get ballcaps or something made on the cheap with an INGO logo and name tag? :D
    Everybody likes hats, right?

I'm gonna try to actually come out and participate my first time, just need to finishing making my mag carriers.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Anybody have a friend of a friend that can get ballcaps or something made on the cheap with an INGO logo and name tag? :D
    Everybody likes hats, right?

I'm gonna try to actually come out and participate my first time, just need to finishing making my mag carriers.

You'll have a great time... It is a bit humbling but nothing is as fun! I'm in the process of moving over from .45 to 9 to get some more trigger time with the M&P9 since I picked up that compact 9.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Do you have to be a member to come out and watch? I know I can't make the 5/5 shoot but I'd like to watch one some other time.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I was invited to a wedding on that day as well... decision wasn't too difficult !
    Hoping for some sexy weather!

We've actually had some fantastic weather so far this year, heck even during the winter months it wasn't that bad. Aside from the muddy and wet Swamp Thing match we had in Feb everything has actually been pretty mild. Now having said that you can't consider yourself a true Red Brush IDPA shooter unless you've experienced the glory of a Southern Indiana 120 degree day with heat index in the same year as a sub-zero snow and ice match :D

Jdirt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    We've actually had some fantastic weather so far this year, heck even during the winter months it wasn't that bad. Aside from the muddy and wet Swamp Thing match we had in Feb everything has actually been pretty mild. Now having said that you can't consider yourself a true Red Brush IDPA shooter unless you've experienced the glory of a Southern Indiana 120 degree day with heat index in the same year as a sub-zero snow and ice match :D

I'd include knee deep mud as a requirement:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The only thing we haven't had is an outbreak of ecoli or vampire bats but the year isn't over yet LOL

I cannot wait; and anybody on the fence about watching or shooting, just come out and you'll have a blast!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    and anybody on the fence about watching or shooting, just come out and you'll have a blast!

But if you are like me it will take you about 15 minutes to regret just watching when you could have been shooting.

Says the hypocrit who is thinking about watching the Owensboro match this weekend because so far he's only seen IDPA.

While I'm at it, anybody had to learn both eyes open after shooting many years with one eye closed? (Not to hi-jack the thread but we seem to sort of aimlessly wander about anyway).

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    But if you are like me it will take you about 15 minutes to regret just watching when you could have been shooting.

Says the hypocrit who is thinking about watching the Owensboro match this weekend because so far he's only seen IDPA.

While I'm at it, anybody had to learn both eyes open after shooting many years with one eye closed? (Not to hi-jack the thread but we seem to sort of aimlessly wander about anyway).

No doubt- nobody should come to watch- come ready to shoot! Same thing for USPSA Owensboro. You will find out much more about the sport shooting than by watching. Plus, you don't miss out on the fun!

Seriously, if you're thinking about coming to Owensboro, just shoot it. Bring enough mags to cover at least 32 rounds per course of fire and plenty of ammo.

Just remember when you get back to Redbrush to shoot from cover and go by the target order. I forget both of these when back in IDPA:laugh:

To the eyes, yes I did have to learn to shoot with both open. Now I can't shoot with one closed, which is problematic for rifle:laugh:

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

I'm glad I geared up and shot my first match...it was a mess but it was one of the funnest and coolest and greatest things I'd done! I'd love to shoot the Owensboro match so hopefully by the time the next one comes around I'll be ready!

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    As long as you don't use the standard "Hello, my name is" tags, I'd be too tempted to put "a#$hole" like I do every other time.... :D

Wouldn't be kinda moot for us all to use the same name? :dunno:

While I'm at it, anybody had to learn both eyes open after shooting many years with one eye closed?
    Yea, had a good friend of my recommend this to me last w/e. Tried this while aiming at the TV. Took me 3 minutes to get my eyes un-crossed...better try it in daylight, on the range...gun unloaded of course. :cool:

As far as coming out and watching, by all means come out and see what it's about. And the thing that is mentioned about just going ahead and shooting too, is spot on.

Also, I believe we'll be getting bays 1 and 2 back!!! :rockwoot::rockwoot:We will have to give up 3 and 4, but that's o.k. at this point.

Take care.

Top Bottom