• ...and so much more!
  • scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Side Match

Just sent the side match to the MD for approval. If approved, I'll have only 11 rounds on the side match. I know :(, but these things run late. However, for your experience, or for some of us, entertainment, I may have came up with a little something to make you think. Hope you all enjoy it. :)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just sent the side match to the MD for approval. If approved, I'll have only 11 rounds on the side match. I know :(, but these things run late. However, for your experience, or for some of us, entertainment, I may have came up with a little something to make you think. Hope you all enjoy it. :)

11 will work (I can hold 11, but I'm sure you'll limit it for a reload- which is cool too:laugh:).

Any slugs?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Yea, had a good friend of my recommend this to me last w/e. Tried this while aiming at the TV. Took me 3 minutes to get my eyes un-crossed...better try it in daylight, on the range...gun unloaded of course. :cool:

I'm surprised you haven't been shooting with both open. Doesn't seem to harm you any, just surprised. Do you know which eye is your dominant eye?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    :)::laugh6:

ETA: Oh man, I just pictured you running some multigun- with old shells:lmfao:

That was awful! That is what I get for trying those ancient Winchester shells. I think Moses used them during the Red Sea crossing so I'm thinking they've got a bit of the age on them lol :D I'll have to pick me up some shells; I have been trying to stockpile slugs though!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Seriously, if you're thinking about coming to Owensboro, just shoot it. Bring enough mags to cover at least 32 rounds per course of fire and plenty of ammo.

Just remember when you get back to Redbrush to shoot from cover and go by the target order. I forget both of these when back in IDPA:laugh:

To the eyes, yes I did have to learn to shoot with both open. Now I can't shoot with one closed, which is problematic for rifle:laugh:

The first thing was great advice. Thanks!

The second thing is probably good advice, but I hate to think that I could still find even more ways to screw up at IDPA.

Seems like so far the hard thing about the eye transition thing (assuming you don't have cross dominance issues) (no, Steve, that is not about wearing ladies underwear) is maybe learning to trust what you are seeing, the gun seems to want to go where it ought to but the mind ain't so sure it is really there.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Bizzzzzzzump!! Within a week now:rockwoot:

We are out of form here, we've let the last few weeks go by and haven't gotten this thread to forty pages! We are slipping, lol.

I'm ready for it, I'm thinking about running my new carry piece, my M&P9c. I love that little gun! I haven't had as much fun shooting like I did shhoting that 9c.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    We are out of form here, we've let the last few weeks go by and haven't gotten this thread to forty pages! We are slipping, lol.

I'm ready for it, I'm thinking about running my new carry piece, my M&P9c. I love that little gun! I haven't had as much fun shooting like I did shhoting that 9c.

I thought the new two-tone might make an appearance:dunno: How far are you taking the M&P obsession? Rifle? Revolver? :D

Not gonna make this one....state Bible Drill in Indy that day. I am shooting (pun intended) for next month. When will the next carbine side match be???

Sidematches are every other month and alternate between shotguns and rifles. So, the next rifle match should be in June. Owensboro multigun will also be on June 30th, if you want some more rifle:rockwoot:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Inquiring minds:

Is the west side shoot going to happen 2 Saturdays from now?

Who is the big feller whats in charge for this Saturdays IDPA?

Anybody ever bring a voluntary chrono to the RB IDPA? I don't care what pf anybody else is at but would like to confirm where I'm at. Could do a side chrono on one of the non side match weekends if there is any general interest?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I thought the new two-tone might make an appearance:dunno: How far are you taking the M&P obsession? Rifle? Revolver? :D

I am SO very tempted to bring the 2-tone out; jury is still out on what I'm going to shoot on Saturday. I don't want to make my original M&P45 jealous or anything :D There may not be a stopping point for the new M&P Bug I have...not counting the new Shield that is out I can easily see 2 more M&P autos in my future (a base 9 with thumb safety and an M&P45c) and I could also see the M&P22 plus an M&P 15-22 in there as well. It may be a bit before I venture out into wheel guns, that is a whole other skill set that I don't know if I want to work on just yet :): I'll get there one of these days!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Inquiring minds:

Is the west side shoot going to happen 2 Saturdays from now?

Anybody ever bring a voluntary chrono to the RB IDPA? I don't care what pf anybody else is at but would like to confirm where I'm at. Could do a side chrono on one of the non side match weekends if there is any general interest?

Yep! WSSC on the 12th; same sign up, meeting and start times as Red Brush IDPA.

I haven't heard of who is heading up this month's match so your guess is as good as mine!

I have a chrono that I've borrowed from a friend, if I can remember I'll pack it up and bring it with me on Saturday. Just keep reminding me!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Inquiring minds:

I think Brad Eadens is this month's match director. Steve will run the sidematch.

I am SO very tempted to bring the 2-tone out; jury is still out on what I'm going to shoot on Saturday. I don't want to make my original M&P45 jealous or anything :D There may not be a stopping point for the new M&P Bug I have...not counting the new Shield that is out I can easily see 2 more M&P autos in my future (a base 9 with thumb safety and an M&P45c) and I could also see the M&P22 plus an M&P 15-22 in there as well. It may be a bit before I venture out into wheel guns, that is a whole other skill set that I don't know if I want to work on just yet :): I'll get there one of these days!

Yeah, it's hard not to love the M&P addiction:D And some guys just don't get it. Last Saturday I excitedly shared with Ben you new two-tone possession. He just doesn't get it. But I do. I'm even starting to view everything through that lense. For example, I can classify for every IDPA division with the guns I have right now- except for CDP. Thus, an M&P45 is certainly needed:laugh: I'm certain that my next purchase will be a M&P22.

As to wheelgun skillset- yep. It takes A WHOLE different level of skill to master a 357 in an 11 ounce M&P340:n00b: (I still haven't done it:D)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    LOL maybe when Ben finally matures he'll understand :D but until then you just gotta figure since he is so young he just doesn't get it the way us mature individuals do!

I never thought I'd find a gun that I liked as well as my Glock 21 and that entire line of M&P autos has done it. If Glock had a 9mm the same frame size as the Glock 21 I don't think I would have ever shot anything else but the smaller size just didn't agree with me and I had to look elsewhere. I'll never get rid of that G21 and I still love getting it out and shooting it but with the M&P having an entire line of pistols in every caliber I shoot and every size I like it makes it a no-brainer to switch over.

You want to shoot an M&P45 just let me know; I have 2 now you know :D The G21 still does shoot softer than just about any other gun I own but that M&P45 has easily became my favorite. Let me know when you want to give one a go and you are more than welcome to give one a whirl!

Top Bottom