• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Either that or your brain can turn to jelly every time you hear a timer going off, you can fabricate an infinite number of new ways to keep your level of suck at maximum, and you can start finding yourself curled in a fetal position while waiting for the scores to be posted.
    I know this.
    The thing is though, it is still a lot of fun.

Sorry Mike, it is a full disclosure thing.

LOL

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just bumping here to say "good shootin!" to all who venture out to the Westside Sportsman's Club today. I can't express how badly I would like to be with you, but duty calls:( I wholeheartedly support what they are trying to do there. This month they are adding in another course with some really cool new targets- signs of good things!:rockwoot:I hope the club realizes that supporting these sports can be just as beneficial as their cowboy shoots and so forth. Enjoy!

And, just in case scorekeepers or SOs are presented with a situation where a COF calls for shots to the body, but someone shoots a head, I offer you this from a little admission from a thing called "The Rule Book":

"In certain course designs, the course description may specify that a
    certain number of shots may be required on specific areas of the
    target, i.e. two (2) shots to the body and one (1) shot to the head.
    Shots that are specified for the body, but where the shooter actually
    shoots the head are to be counted as -0
    . However, shots that are
    specified for the head that are shot below the neck line are to be
    counted as misses (-5 for each miss). The rationale is that the head
    box is a smaller target than the body and therefore is a more
    difficult target."

Evidently there is some "interpretation" going around that runs opposite to these rules. Hold fast SOs and scorekeepers, and layeth not the charge of -10 to the shooter for going to the head. :laugh:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Just bumping here to say "good shootin!" to all who venture out to the Westside Sportsman's Club today. I can't express how badly I would like to be with you, but duty calls:( I wholeheartedly support what they are trying to do there. This month they are adding in another course with some really cool new targets- signs of good things!:rockwoot:I hope the club realizes that supporting these sports can be just as beneficial as their cowboy shoots and so forth. Enjoy!

And, just in case scorekeepers or SOs are presented with a situation where a COF calls for shots to the body, but someone shoots a head, I offer you this from a little admission from a thing called "The Rule Book":

shoots the head are to be counted as -0. However, shots that are
    difficult target."

Evidently there is some "interpretation" going around that runs opposite to these rules. Hold fast SOs and scorekeepers, and layeth not the charge of -10 to the shooter for going to the head. :laugh:

You got me there! Well, I know where I'm shooting next time! BOOM, Headshot baby.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    You heading to the WSSC today, Ben? I think you'll like it if you are going. It is KILLING me that I can't make it! Partly because I want to shoot, partly because I want to support what's going on there. Lord willing, I'll make the July shoot (no June shoot).

I don't know what went down with the body/headshot rules interpretation. But taking away that -10 from my last revolver run put me back in the top 10 with it:D Seriously though, it is good to know for future calls.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

shoots the head are to be counted as -0
    . However, shots that are
    difficult target."

I thought that was the case and it came up again today...I grabbed a different range bag and didn't have my rule book with me and I wasn't actually the official SO today. I honestly did think that was the case so nice to know that I wasn't losing my mind! lol

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    And that exact scenario happened today on our first stage. Thanks TJ for posting it cause I used what you posted to explain the situation!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Question... Looking at the score sheet, he points down in parenthesis, are those already included into the associated course time or do they still need to be added to that time?

For example, this is listed: 37.25 (22)
    Does that mean 37.25 + 11sec= 48.25?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'm probably the only person who didn't know this, but just in case, Redbrush is always a cold range.
    Was traversing about with a loaded weapon (not during a match) and this drew some suprise from a couple folks at the range so I went to the website & checked the rules.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm probably the only person who didn't know this, but just in case, Redbrush is always a cold range.
    Was traversing about with a loaded weapon (not during a match) and this drew some suprise from a couple folks at the range so I went to the website & checked the rules.

Huh. Must be a new rule. I always had a loaded pistol on my hip when I was there not during a match or Appleseed.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    How do they feel about drawing a loaded weapon from the holster? I know we do it in IDPA but I've seen some ranges give exceptions only to the organized shooting sports and then tend to have a separate rule where you can't draw and shoot. You have to do all your practice from a low-ready position which to me is counter to what you'd want to come to the range and practice in the first place.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    What little I know is from reading the rules on the RB website, and I can read things differently than intended.
    I've practiced drawing from holster with others, and I don't remember reading anything that would make this improper.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    What little I know is from reading the rules on the RB website, and I can read things differently than intended.
    I've practiced drawing from holster with others, and I don't remember reading anything that would make this improper.

cool, just wondering :D I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for June's match!:draw:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    cool, just wondering :D I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for June's match!:draw:

Me too man! And, ya'll will be proud of me- I'll actually have a LEGAL ESP set-up:rockwoot:

And with a small punch, hammer and about 1 minute I can be SSP legal too:laugh:

ETA: Mike- when they sent my new magwell they included an FDE backstrap stud

Top Bottom