Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Sheesh. What a thread. :facepalm:

This isn’t a complicated issue.

If you’re worried about dying of Covid, get the shot. If you’re not worried, then don’t get it. Or do get it just because you want to. Whatever. It’s a free country (or at least was I guess).

My vaccination status has zero effect on your vaccination status.
    So the claim is....if you are vaccinated and carrying covid my vaccination status has zero effect?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Funny. I actually posted screenshots of articles. The guy I was debating posted statistics with no image or link, but you didn’t mind that?

And you wonder why people question your intentions.
    Nope. Assuming they know my intentions without asking yep!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The concept of inalienable rights has been completely and totally abandoned by people of your persuasion, and no amount of arguing is going to convince you that they matter more than what ever is the hot-button topic of the day.

Thusly, the need to make logical and well reasoned arguments is gone because they simply do not matter anymore. I can go grab the scientific papers, I can present the facts completely naked, but it does not matter because it won't be read, understood, or will be considered irrelevant because <insert reason here> that the fear mongers keep coming up with.

I'm tired of watching this country kill off every single thing I value and hold dear. Not a single day in my lifetime has this country or its people taken the route of greater freedom when presented with the choice. Every single difficult choice is plowed through straight into the most dystopic and insane possible outcome, and always done with the most incomprehensibly retarded reasoning, without any significant pushback. It's a pathetic existence to watch ****ing communist china embrace a more freedom oriented platform than this country, a complete ****ing joke.

And your reasoning you've demonstrated is precisely part of that problem plaguing this country.
    You've abandoned reasoning.

Perhaps you are the one who requires a step back and a deep breath.

I'm old and mostly hate what the social progressives are doing and have done to this country. I also recognize that there is little I can do about it at this point. My sons are in their 40's and if anyone can step up against the tyranny of democracy, it is them. I'm done.

Your inalienable right does not include the ability to infect any and all with a virus, Executive orders mandate quarantine and isolation for:
    • Cholera
    • Diphtheria
    • Infectious tuberculosis
    • Plague
    • Smallpox
    • Yellow fever
    • Viral hemorrhagic fevers (like Ebola), or

• Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS, MERS, COVID-19)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    In your last sentence let's be less absolute. Why did you choose reduce in the first clause and go with totally prevent in the second? What if we change it also to reduce?
    What? I was consistent. I think you need you need to reread what I posted. I said that the pro-vax crowd only claims that it will reduce the symptoms, not prevent infection.

Here's what I said:

Well yeah, I think that goes without saying. I was only pointing out that the vaccine doesn't stop the spread, so grandma and gramps would still be at risk if you were carrying the virus (whether symptomatic, vaxxed or not).

Even the pro-vax crowd (and I'm vaccinated btw) only claims that it can reduce the severity of the symptoms, not totally prevent infection nor spreading the virus.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The claim is, it'd be better every single person in this country died than to abandon the constitution and natural rights.
    What's stopping you? Maybe that you would lie on a jury and deny constitutional rights to protect your family?

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    The concept of inalienable rights has been completely and totally abandoned by people of your persuasion, and no amount of arguing is going to convince you that they matter more than what ever is the hot-button topic of the day.

Thusly, the need to make logical and well reasoned arguments is gone because they simply do not matter anymore. I can go grab the scientific papers, I can present the facts completely naked, but it does not matter because it won't be read, understood, or will be considered irrelevant because <insert reason here> that the fear mongers keep coming up with.

I'm tired of watching this country kill off every single thing I value and hold dear. Not a single day in my lifetime has this country or its people taken the route of greater freedom when presented with the choice. Every single difficult choice is plowed through straight into the most dystopic and insane possible outcome, and always done with the most incomprehensibly retarded reasoning, without any significant pushback. It's a pathetic existence to watch ****ing communist china embrace a more freedom oriented platform than this country, a complete ****ing joke.

And your reasoning you've demonstrated is precisely part of that problem plaguing this country.
    1631399400999.jpeg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You've abandoned reasoning.

Perhaps you are the one who requires a step back and a deep breath.

I'm old and mostly hate what the social progressives are doing and have done to this country. I also recognize that there is little I can do about it at this point. My sons are in their 40's and if anyone can step up against the tyranny of democracy, it is them. I'm done.

Your inalienable right does not include the ability to infect any and all with a virus, Executive orders mandate quarantine and isolation for:
    • Cholera
    • Diphtheria
    • Infectious tuberculosis
    • Plague
    • Smallpox
    • Yellow fever
    • Viral hemorrhagic fevers (like Ebola), or

• Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS, MERS, COVID-19)

You seem to not understand the concept of intent.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So the claim is....if you are vaccinated and carrying covid my vaccination status has zero effect?

The claim is every persons status is and should be up to them. Anyone can get and carry and pass on the disease. What happens when you're in public and around people is on you, not someone else. If you're afraid and/or in the risk group, get the jab. Or don't. Your business not the gubbermints.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    What? I was consistent. I think you need you need to reread what I posted. I said that the pro-vax crowd only claims that it will reduce the symptoms, not prevent infection.

Here's what I said:

Well yeah, I think that goes without saying. I was only pointing out that the vaccine doesn't stop the spread, so grandma and gramps would still be at risk if you were carrying the virus (whether symptomatic, vaxxed or not).

Even the pro-vax crowd (and I'm vaccinated btw) only claims that it can reduce the severity of the symptoms, not totally prevent infection nor spreading the virus.
    So you are saying that the risk to grandma and grandpa are the same regardless of their vaccination status if you are vaccinated or they are?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You showed us pretty pictures. You didn't cite any figures. For example, I looked up the QE sailor infection status. 100 sailors infected with covid of 3700 on board. No noted deaths or evacuations to hospitals.

ps. Granny at my house sends her love and says "GTF off my lawn". :)
    Lol granny sounds a lot like gramps ;)

I posted more than just the sailor article. Admit it. If I would’ve posted the links to those stories you wouldn’t have clicked 6 separate links. If I post a screenshot you have to intentionally ignore it. It’s more evidence than you’ve provided.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Sorry I jumped to the end but 30 pages in 2 days! My perspective is this:

If the vaccine is effective then the vaccinated have nothing to fear because at worse they'll get a bad cold then they'll have immunity as well as the vaccine.

If the vaccine doesn't work (which is what Biden implied) then what's the point of making it mandatory? Unless the vaccine really isn't a vaccine at all but something more insidious. Come on, does anyone really trust that our own government wouldn't experiment on us?

And that's where this whole vaccine mandate really takes the dark turn. Coupled with things like vaccine passports, this entire pandemic has basically turned America into pre-WWII Germany with the infighting, denial of basic human services, turning your own family and friends in for non-compliance, labeling the non-compliant as subhuman and the next step is marching them into isolation camps... Oh yeah, that's already been proposed as well.

We as a people need to wake the F up! We are no longer free citizens when the dictator-in-chief can mandate we all have to be guinea pigs in his perverse COVID lab experiment. Worse yet is that unwilling experimentation is in direct violation of the Nuremberg Code.

This along with so many other issues of our day are part of the vast effort of the globalists to destroy democracy once and for all. And ironic that I'm posting this on 9/11, the 20th anniversary of the death blow to the great experiment in liberty that was America. It was in my opinion our response to that event which triggered the decline of American freedom. We allowed an unconstitutional Patriot Act to empower the president to act as a dictator and this is the natural result - a dictator president. We embraced surveillance over privacy. We surrendered freedom for the promise of security and got a virtual police state, and I think soon a literal police state when Biden marches our own military into main street America imposing his edicts. Kind of explains why they've been so anti-police, because getting rid of local law enforcement creates a vacuum that law abiding citizens will demand be filled and Biden will oblige with a federalized militarized police force that takes its order from him. Sounds more than a little familiar to anyone who remembers studying ACTUAL world history and not some critical race theory BS. My new catchphrase has become we didn't learn a damn thing from the 20th century and now we're repeating it only we're on the wrong side.

Sorry if this sounds rambling and off topic but it all seems far too coincidental to be just poor leadership - if feels coerced and coordinated.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm not sure, but I think everyone who posted here is against the MANDATORY jab. However, a good portion of us believe that if you act like Covid doesn't exist and go around like a Scotts Whirlybird Spreader, particularly when you are exhibiting symptoms of infection, you deserve a kick in the ass and a stern talking to.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The claim is every persons status is and should be up to them. Anyone can get and carry and pass on the disease. What happens when you're in public and around people is on you, not someone else. If you're afraid and/or in the risk group, get the jab. Or don't. Your business not the gubbermints.
    That's a total misrepresentation of facts. I am and I believe Alpo is every person's status is and should be up to them.

The question is does that decision have any effect at all?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So you are saying that the risk to grandma and grandpa are the same regardless of their vaccination status if you are vaccinated or they are?

You're talking about middling percentages in difference to completely abolish the bill of rights.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Lol granny sounds a lot like gramps ;)

I posted more than just the sailor article. Admit it. If I would’ve posted the links to those stories you wouldn’t have clicked 6 separate links. If I post a screenshot you have to intentionally ignore it. It’s more evidence than you’ve provided.

We are talking to different points, methinks. I'm focused on hospitalizations and deaths: "SEVERITY" w/r/t infections after vaccinations. You seem to be thinking more globally.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm not sure, but I think everyone who posted here is against the MANDATORY jab. However, a good portion of us believe that if you act like Covid doesn't exist and go around like a Scotts Whirlybird Spreader, particularly when you are exhibiting symptoms of infection, you deserve a kick in the ass and a stern talking to.

Which you would deserve just the same while ill with any infectious disease. It's common decency to not knowingly run around spreading an illness.

But that becomes a very different topic when it starts involving laws.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom