Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm more than willing to cite authority for my assertions in this matter. Mostly, because I'm not in these fields and my knowledge is primarily based upon what I read.

Posting absurd logically fallacious rhetoric is "cute". I didn't realize you were appealing to the dimpled Shirley Temple crowd.

giphy.gif

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    What is your estimation of the breakthrough infection rate? Show your work.
    Here’s from the cdc website.

9659A0B8-EE79-48EC-AF02-4F6470EA6A01.jpeg
    Here’s stats from Israel, the most vaccinated country in the world.

18C1CD63-88F4-4E4F-9669-0EFA6AF1845B.jpeg
    Here’s some pretty damning evidence

82DC79EC-C0AB-4392-85F9-9FABBE240AFD.jpeg
    237AE94D-4ED2-4E1D-BC30-E429EDD5D861.jpeg325E262D-228B-4ED6-B186-702AD0E19733.jpeg

So now, I would request you show your work. If vaccinated individuals can’t contract and spread the virus, please show evidence of such, because the cdc themselves have admitted otherwise.

If not I would like you to admit it is you who is selfish for trying to use my grandparents health as a scapegoat to push your desires upon me. If you’re gonna call me selfish for not getting a vaccine that has no evidence of protecting anybody, vaccinated or not, then I believe that makes you willingly selfish.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    First of all, I don't care if you get vaccinated or not. If you die from Covid without having a vaccination, we will miss you....

If you assume that your freedom consists of not taking any prophylactic actions with respect to the health of your fellow citizens, then shame on you. Your right to act as you wish ends when you impair the rights of another. That DOES NOT mean I expect you to get vaccinated. It does mean that I expect you to respect the rights of others and do your utmost not to infect them, particularly the most vulnerable.

Per the CDC: Of the 176 million vaccinated, 14,115 hospitalizations or deaths. (a/o 09-07-2021)

That's 0.008%.

We know that the rates for unvaccinated are much higher (those rates are posted all over this site). People are dying at the rate of 1500 per day from the disease. You run out of the 14,115 parameter in a week and a half if you decide to include all of them in your computation.

Try again.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's not so much being "pro-vaccine" as being Darwinian. You reject the vaccine and die, no big deal. You reject the vaccine and take out your grandma and gramps? Irresponsible.

No one likes a mandate, but the level of selfish behavior in the USA has reached a new high.

Which is an outright lie.

The vaccine does not prevent you from spreading covid.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well yeah, I think that goes without saying. I was only pointing out that the vaccine doesn't stop the spread, so grandma and gramps would still be at risk if you were carrying the virus (whether symptomatic, vaxxed or not).

Even the pro-vax crowd (and I'm vaccinated btw) only claims that it can reduce the severity of the symptoms, not totally prevent infection nor spreading the virus.
    In your last sentence let's be less absolute. Why did you choose reduce in the first clause and go with totally prevent in the second? What if we change it also to reduce?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Are you denying that the chance of spreading covid is reduced between 2 vaccinated people or that the risk of death from infection is less likely?

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    If you wrote that, very well said, and I’d like to use it.

I’m a truck driver and didn’t hide in my basement nor roll up hiding in my closet in the fetal position. Other than moving and not having a job for 6 weeks, I’ve been out and about delivering goods every day so others who chose to could stay home and hide. You don’t get to tell me what to do now.

Remember what businesses did to truck drivers? They locked us out, couldn’t use the bathrooms. Rest areas shut down, restaurants closed and wouldn’t serve you walking thru the drive up window. This for a virus where washing your hands was supposedly critical. I call BS, won’t forget and won’t forgive. We should be ashamed of ourselves the way we are treating our fellow man.

Could not agree more. I wrote that, you can use it.( Grammar is not my strong suit, forgive my lack of.)

I deliver too and recall every other employee at work got to rotate on and off every other week for a month and half except for drivers, we had to actually work more to cover lack of support personnel who were home. Which made zero sense we were constantly in and out of offices with both shifts. It only ended when employees on stay home got covid in Florida on ”spring break”

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

One does not follow the other.

I know you can be more logical if you want to, but your hyperbolic rhetoric has been escalating lately, so perhaps you've been blinded to fact-based reasoning.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    First of all, I don't care if you get vaccinated or not. If you die from Covid without having a vaccination, we will miss you....

If you assume that your freedom consists of not taking any prophylactic actions with respect to the health of your fellow citizens, then shame on you. Your right to act as you wish ends when you impair the rights of another. That DOES NOT mean I expect you to get vaccinated. It does mean that I expect you to respect the rights of others and do your utmost not to infect them, particularly the most vulnerable.

Per the CDC: Of the 176 million vaccinated, 14,115 hospitalizations or deaths. (a/o 09-07-2021)

That's 0.008%.

We know that the rates for unvaccinated are much higher (those rates are posted all over this site). People are dying at the rate of 1500 per day from the disease. You run out of the 14,115 parameter in a week and a half if you decide to include all of then in your computation.

Try again.

The data does seem to support less deaths and hospitalization for the vaccinated.

About 4 months of that data, that’s what made me pull the trigger.

I was utterly against it in January.

BUT, I made that decision for myself.

And the data seems to suggest that vaccinated people still get and pass the virus along.

What that tells me is all this virtue signaling is just that, virtue signaling.

Forcing vaccination is not going to save the vaccinated. You’re as protected as you’re going to get.

This isn’t Polio. This jumps from human to animals and back. Just another plague we have to deal with on an annual basis. It’s going to be around until Jesus comes back.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Here’s from the cdc website.

View attachment 157840
    Here’s stats from Israel, the most vaccinated country in the world.

View attachment 157841
    Here’s some pretty damning evidence

View attachment 157842
    View attachment 157843View attachment 157844

So now, I would request you show your work. If vaccinated individuals can’t contract and spread the virus, please show evidence of such, because the cdc themselves have admitted otherwise.

If not I would like you to admit it is you who is selfish for trying to use my grandparents health as a scapegoat to push your desires upon me. If you’re gonna call me selfish for not getting a vaccine that has no evidence of protecting anybody, vaccinated or not, then I believe that makes you willingly selfish.
    You posted jpegs again. Where are the story links?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

That's 0.008%.

We know that the rates for unvaccinated are much higher (those rates are posted all over this site). People are dying at the rate of 1500 per day from the disease. You run out of the 14,115 parameter in a week and a half if you decide to include all of then in your computation.

Try again.
    Ok. You asked me to show my work. I showed my work. Then you ignored it and invented your own stats out of thin air. What is “hospitalizations OR deaths”? Which is it?

Second. Your health isn’t my responsibility. Do you have the right to not be given the cold by accident? Do you have the right to not be given the flu by accident? It’s a virus. Creating an enemy to be against and blame for the spread of it is just creating a reason to bicker for the sake of doing so.

I will NOT wear a mask.

I will NOT take a vaccine that hasn’t been out a year yet. I’m 34, my chances of survival are 99.99%. If you are in the risk group, YOUR responsibility is to not go into situations you may become infected. You can’t expect the world to stop on your behalf and make sure you don’t get infected. That’s your job. We carry guns for this reason. My safety is my responsibility. If I feel something is high risk, I will avoid it. I don’t think everyone there should make sure I’m safe.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Sheesh. What a thread. :facepalm:

This isn’t a complicated issue.

If you’re worried about dying of Covid, get the shot. If you’re not worried, then don’t get it. Or do get it just because you want to. Whatever. It’s a free country (or at least was I guess).

My vaccination status has zero effect on your vaccination status.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sheesh. What a thread. :facepalm:

This isn’t a complicated issue.

If you’re worried about dying of Covid, get the shot. If you’re not worried, then don’t get it. Or do get it just because you want to. Whatever. It’s a free country (or at least was I guess).

My vaccination status has zero effect on your vaccination status.

But grandma!!!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    One does not follow the other.

I know you can be more logical if you want to, but your hyperbolic rhetoric has been escalating lately, so perhaps you've been blinded to fact-based reasoning.

The concept of inalienable rights has been completely and totally abandoned by people of your persuasion, and no amount of arguing is going to convince you that they matter more than what ever is the hot-button topic of the day.

Thusly, the need to make logical and well reasoned arguments is gone because they simply do not matter anymore. I can go grab the scientific papers, I can present the facts completely naked, but it does not matter because it won't be read, understood, or will be considered irrelevant because <insert reason here> that the fear mongers keep coming up with.

I'm tired of watching this country kill off every single thing I value and hold dear. Not a single day in my lifetime has this country or its people taken the route of greater freedom when presented with the choice. Every single difficult choice is plowed through straight into the most dystopic and insane possible outcome, and always done with the most incomprehensibly retarded reasoning, without any significant pushback. It's a pathetic existence to watch ****ing communist china embrace a more freedom oriented platform than this country, a complete ****ing joke.

And your reasoning you've demonstrated is precisely part of that problem plaguing this country.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Ok. You asked me to show my work. I showed my work. Then you ignored it and invented your own stats out of thin air. What is “hospitalizations OR deaths”? Which is it?

Second. Your health isn’t my responsibility. Do you have the right to not be given the cold by accident? Do you have the right to not be given the flu by accident? It’s a virus. Creating an enemy to be against and blame for the spread of it is just creating a reason to bicker for the sake of doing so.

I will NOT wear a mask.

I will NOT take a vaccine that hasn’t been out a year yet. I’m 34, my chances of survival are 99.99%. If you are in the risk group, YOUR responsibility is to not go into situations you may become infected. You can’t expect the world to stop on your behalf and make sure you don’t get infected. That’s your job. We carry guns for this reason. My safety is my responsibility. If I feel something is high risk, I will avoid it. I don’t think everyone there should make sure I’m safe.
    You showed us pretty pictures. You didn't cite any figures. For example, I looked up the QE sailor infection status. 100 sailors infected with covid of 3700 on board. No noted deaths or evacuations to hospitals.

ps. Granny at my house sends her love and says "GTF off my lawn". :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom