• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No it is the next step to delay. In a week or less we will get the next step and then we will have a super majority in the senate.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I agree that it may help some Republicans vote yes. But count on the Democrats to bray that it doesn’t really clear him when it comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it does'nt support their position they will embrace the claim that an FBI report means nothing. Just like Crazy Old Uncle Joe Biden pontificated about during the Clarence Thomas hit job. Most likely they will prattle on that the investigation was'nt thorough enough and given enough time therefore it's invalid.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DoOY9BOUYAAHDtP.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's pretty obvious that this whole FBI charade deal is a stall tactic. It's also pretty obvious that the accusations against Kavanaugh are pretty devoid of corroborating facts and they want the FBI to bolster their case against Kavanaugh by filling in the massive gaps. They want to use the FBI to make their case for them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Aside the outcome from the FBI investigation there have been i'm sure dozens if not hundreds of media types scouring the globe desperately trying to find any substantial credible evidence to support the allegations. They pretty much all have come up empty handed so far as I am aware of and I really don't believe the FBI check will bear any fruit as well.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The purpose of this FBI "investigation" should be limited to just determining if there's enough evidence for an indictment.

If it's limited to that, it should be able to be completed in less than a week, based on what Ford presented the other day.

And if Trump has learned anything from the Russia investigation, he should be smart enough to impose that kind of limit on this.

The Democrats know they're going to need the "no" votes of people like Donnelly to have any chance to stop the nomination.

It's time to finish the one-week "no indictment" process and Mitch McConnell to hold the vote.

Make the Democrats go on record voting against Kavanaugh. He may not get confirmed. But at least putting them on the record, gives us a chance to be in a better position to get a different nominee, after the midterms are over and the GOP still controls the Senate.

Hold the vote. Even if Flake is a "no"...hold the vote. Anyway. Put the Dems on the record. That's what they fear in this process. They don't want to go on record, because of the potential election impact to Red Voters in states like good old Indiana. It's going to become evident that Joe Donnelly is just Dick Lugar with a weirder set of colleagues, and should be treated accordingly.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Most likely they will prattle on that the investigation was'nt thorough enough and given enough time therefore it's invalid.

They immediately started complaining that the FBI investigation shouldn't have time and scope restraints even though during the questioning, they all repeatedly said 'why not have an FBI investigation, it will only take 3 or 4 days?' Now 7 days isn't long enough...STALL.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Nope, it's totally wrong to call yourself a psychologist based on degree alone. Doctorate doesn't matter either. The License matters. In some states you can get a full or limited license with a master's if it was the right kind (clinical training . practicum, etc). Conversely one could have a Ph.D. in a non-clinical branch and not even be close to being qualified for therapy. Each state rolls different. Not sure what CA's penalty is but in CT it's 5 years in jail for impersonating a psychologist.(Really practicing without a license) I recall being surprised when some of
    my Doctoral professors would reply to questions by saying "Well, I'm not sure, I'm not a clinician" when asked about licensing or field work

IF, IF, IF What folks are saying about her it wouldn't matter at the state level because she was out of state. But maybe on the not being truthful while under oath to the Senate.
    As an aside, I kind of wondered as her nuerochemical explanation of why her memory couldn't be wrong was, not entirely accurate.
    A license is only pertinent to someone wanting to practice as a Psychologist. Did she claim to be a licensed or practicing Psychologist?

Having a PHD would definitely qualify someone as being a Psychologist.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Kavenaugh Confirmation Hearings

A license is only pertinent to someone wanting to practice as a Psychologist. Did she claim to be a licensed or practicing Psychologist?

Having a PHD would definitely qualify someone as being a Psychologist.

No. Actually I don’t think it does. Edited: ok. Maybe licensure not required. PhD may be enough. (Maybe depends on the State?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom