• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    He also mentions using Cor-Bon ammo in that video. I was always under the impression that Cor-Bon quality control wasn't the greatest. Has this changed? Also isn't Cor-Bon kinda famous for loading their ammo with higher pressures than normal ammo?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He also mentions using Cor-Bon ammo in that video. I was always under the impression that Cor-Bon quality control wasn't the greatest. Has this changed? Also isn't Cor-Bon kinda famous for loading their ammo with higher pressures than normal ammo?

:dunno:

Im not an expert like Mr. Yeager on that question.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    :yesway: Yes we can and just for the record I think the PPQ is a fine firearm even though I get the feeling JY wouldn't agree, but who cares if he does or not.

FWIW, LAV seems to give the PPQ good marks...I put more stock in his opinion than JY

Trying to get through most if this guy's videos simply makes my head hurt...

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    He seemed to have good reasons for everything except caliber choice. I've heard him discount the .40 S&W on two videos, but still no real reason on either one. If anyone knows his reasoning or have formed their own opinion regarding NOT carrying .40 S&W as a defensive round -- that doesn't include male genitals -- I would love to be informed.

It's a round that shouldn't exist :dunno: For starters...

I won't speak for him but given his choice of 1911, gLock or M&P I'd be inclined to agree with him, don't get a .40.

Many reasons but the short paragraph is:

9 and 45 will do anything a 40 will (or better in most cases). 40 is generally an after thought and the platform a 40 sits on is generally a modified 9 or 45, thus the greater issue with reliability.

In any event, he certainly does have an abrasive nature that turns some people off, in this video most of it is hard to argue with however.

He is probably right about many people who buy XD's as well, sad as it is to say. Then again you could turn that right around and why most people buy gLocks as well :):

It's no reason to hold the purchasers (or their intentions) against the firearm though... be it XD or gLock.

I'm honestly curious about his comments about seeing more XD9's go down than 9mm gLocks... he certainly has seen a much greater sampling size than I have.

I'd put my XD9 up against my G19 any day... for at least the first 500 rounds anyway ;)

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Who was the lacky turd next to him? The guy was so pathetic to watch, constantly being fed words by JY. It sounds like the only real combat firearm is a glock in 9 or .45. We better sell all of our other firearms for glocks. Why is the military going back to the 1911 platform? Don't they know they suck @ss and Glock is so much better? Perhaps I've had bad luck, but I've seen nearly every glock I've come in contact with jam, misfeed, and light strike. My PPQ has had 0 failures. My 1911 has had one, caused by me. I'm not saying Glocks are crap, I just don't like them.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    His Info is about ten years out of date, news flash you can order parts from hk.

Cz's aren't fragile, probably
    Some of the hardest tested guns on the planet.

There really is nothing that 9mm or .45 do better than .40, .40 throws a bullet of nearly equal mass at faster velocities than a .45, expands to roughly
    The same diameter, penetrates. Barriers Better, while gaining capacity. Against a 9mm, it's more powerful, expands bigger, is slightly lower capacity, .40 really shines as you move away from the muzzle. As it retains energy nearly as well as .45,
    The big fact I most pitiless rounds suck at stopping people, the mildly harsher recoil of the .40 is offset in m opinion by the advantageous it presents. More energy at the muzzle, and more energy down range, large expansion, high capacity, and the ability to pent rate barriers well. I think the Colorado shooting
    Makes the case for this.

The big issue with jy is he presents opinion as favy

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Worst 12 minutes of viewing history......Get some more tats and a new Affliction shirt Jimmy-boy. Reminds of some "SEALs" I encountered a couple of years ago who kept saying 7.62Nato was the same as 7.62x54. WOW:)

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    Maybe I just missed the memo, but I have never heard anything about CZ-75s being fragile until this guy. Is there something I missed? My google-fu isn't turning up anything either...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Maybe I just missed the memo, but I have never heard anything about CZ-75s being fragile until this guy. Is there something I missed? My google-fu isn't turning up anything either...

I think it was meant as in strength compared to a real gun, like an uber Glock. The CZ-75 is made of steel, however when compared to a real gun like a Glock - being milled out of a solid block of tempered unobtanium - it is like crafting a firearm out of clay. The simple act of drawing a CZ-75 from a holster is likely to split the frame in two, rendering your firearm useless. I witness an uncountable amount of failures like this in handgun courses.

It really makes no sense whatsoever to carry any weapon other than a Glock 19. Like a fat chic, a 9mm corbon DPX round fired from a Glock 19 will knock the guts out of an attacker - often even if your shot misses them by up to a foot. If you are wearing a skin tight shirt with a skull on it, the kill radius is increased to thirty feet.

With modern ammunition, the gap between the 9mm and the Raufoss Mk211 has narrowed, making the 9mm the obvious choice due to capacity.

Also, the .40 round has been known to be ineffective even when fired into the center of mass or head. On some noted occasions, attackers that were shot with a .40 round reported being cured of erectile dysfunction and male pattern baldness.

No matter what you shoot best and feel comfortable with, the Glock 19 is the best firearm for you.

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My first impression is he is unprofesional. I would not pay good money to train with him. I'm all for people speaking their mind. As I hate it when people try to BS me. However, going on rants does not help your cuase in my opinion.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Why is the military going back to the 1911 platform?

They're not. MARSOC just ordered a bunch of Colts to replace the worn-out 1911s they've been rocking for years. Those who are currently issued Berettas aren't getting anything new.

I would not pay good money to train with him.

Yeager/TR has been on my "NFE" list for years. I doubt his Youtube videos are making him any new friends/customers.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom