• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    must be why his classes are always being cancelled and the AAR's of his classes are terrible....

AAR's are just like any other reccomendation, whether they are good or bad, need to be sorted by the people that wrote them, their experience and their expectations going into the class. Jy could be the best trainer on the planet, as long as he is spewing things that are not fact publicly, such as here and in the open carry video, I wouldn't waste the money to take his classes. I do terribly hate being B.S.'ed

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ken hackathorn,

Hilton yam

Larry vickers

Kyle defoor

Todd g

A good list of quality trainers. :yesway:

Here on the internet (and therefore INGO) we communicate with text, pictures, and video-- its a fantastic resource. Articles, AARs, and videos from those trainers have been posted here before. Yeager is just another in the fray. The difference is that his videos are quite regular, so we've been seeing much more of them lately.

If you have anything you'd like to share from those trainers, please post it up for the rest of us.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I personally think the guy is a bit of a jack ass for this reason.

I saw his video on the Mosin and he stated emphatically with a lot of F bombs that the Mosin can't do one MOA. So I just commented on the video with a link to Sturmgewehr's video doing exactly that with a Mosin and then yeager blocked me from commenting on any of his videos. I didn't say anything nasty, just "here's a video of someone doing a MOA at 100 yards with a Mosin" and then BAN!

Oh well, when you are that sure of yourself, evidence to the contrary can be uncomfortable.
    I'm sorry about that, even though I really didn't have anything to do with it other than giving you evidence that Mosins are in fact capable of 1 MOA accuracy. Actually, the Mosin snipers are fairly well known for being able to shoot well so I find it surprising Yeager would make such a comment. Perhaps he wasn't thinking of the PU rifles... :dunno:

I do know that regular run of the mill Mosin Nagants can have varying tolerances. Some will shoot better than others. The bores can have a few thousands of an inch difference in their diameters for example. This is why the Russians tested the line rifles and pulled the ones that met the specs for being converted into sniper rifles.

Also, modern semi-consistent ammo is required for good accuracy. If all he's ever shot is old corrosive ball ammo through a Mosin he's probably never seen a 1" group.

I have some Hornady 174gr match 7.62x54R coming this week. I hope to shoot it this weekend to see how it groups. If what David Fortier tells me is true, this 1 MOA PU Sniper should do even better than it did with the PPU ball ammo. We'll see, I'm hopeful.

Ok I just watched his video and honestly, all I can say is "wow". Here's the video:

WARNING: FOUL LANGUAGE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQnLSquQkmY

He emphatically states several times that the Mosin Nagant is "not a sniper rifle" and asks "what is wrong with you?" if you believe that it is.

How about Simo Hayha? He was a Finnish sniper during WWII who killed 505 enemies with a Mosin Nagant rifle (without a scope!!).

Vasily Zaytsev who used a Mosin Nagant sniper rifle to kill 242 Germans during WWII.

Lyudmila Pavlichenko was the most decorated female sniper of WWII and scored 309 enemy kills with a Mosin Nagant sniper.

He's probably never seen pictures of German snipers using Mosin Nagants.

191140_486007101411094_815476497_o.jpg

The Russian military issued the PU sniper rifle until the 1960's when it was replaced by the SVD (aka Dragunov). If it wasn't a "sniper rifle" I'm sure this would be news to the Russian military that loved the rifle.

This episode only serves to prove that you should take what you're told by even the most respected trainers with a grain of salt. Trust, but verify.

With all of that be said, I agree with much of the stuff Yeager talks about (even in his carry gun video).

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    AAR's are just like any other reccomendation, whether they are good or bad, need to be sorted by the people that wrote them, their experience and their expectations going into the class. Jy could be the best trainer on the planet, as long as he is spewing things that are not fact publicly, such as here and in the open carry video, I wouldn't waste the money to take his classes. I do terribly hate being B.S.'ed

then don't, good for you.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I'm sorry about that, even though I really didn't have anything to do with it other than giving you evidence that Mosins are in fact capable of 1 MOA accuracy. Actually, the Mosin snipers are fairly well known for being able to shoot well so I find it surprising Yeager would make such a comment. Perhaps he wasn't thinking of the PU rifles... :dunno:

I do know that regular run of the mill Mosin Nagants can have varying tolerances. Some will shoot better than others. The bores can have a few thousands of an inch difference in their diameters for example. This is why the Russians tested the line rifles and pulled the ones that met the specs for being converted into sniper rifles.

Also, modern semi-consistent ammo is required for good accuracy. If all he's ever shot is old corrosive ball ammo through a Mosin he's probably never seen a 1" group.

I have some Hornady 174gr match 7.62x54R coming this week. I hope to shoot it this weekend to see how it groups. If what David Fortier tells me is true, this 1 MOA PU Sniper should do even better than it did with the PPU ball ammo. We'll see, I'm hopeful.

Ok I just watched his video and honestly, all I can say is "wow". Here's the video:

WARNING: FOUL LANGUAGE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQnLSquQkmY

He emphatically states several times that the Mosin Nagant is "not a sniper rifle" and asks "what is wrong with you?" if you believe that it is.

How about Simo Hayha? He was a Finnish sniper during WWII who killed 505 enemies with a Mosin Nagant rifle (without a scope!!).

Vasily Zaytsev who used a Mosin Nagant sniper rifle to kill 242 Germans during WWII.

Lyudmila Pavlichenko was the most decorated female sniper of WWII and scored 309 enemy kills with a Mosin Nagant sniper.

He's probably never seen pictures of German snipers using Mosin Nagants.

191140_486007101411094_815476497_o.jpg

The Russian military issued the PU sniper rifle until the 1960's when it was replaced by the SVD (aka Dragunov). If it wasn't a "sniper rifle" I'm sure this would be news to the Russian military that loved the rifle.

This episode only serves to prove that you should take what you're told by even the most respected trainers with a grain of salt. Trust, but verify.

With all of that be said, I agree with much of the stuff Yeager talks about (even in his carry gun video).

i cant seem to find any proof at the moment, but i believe the north vietnamese sniper that carlos hathcock killed in veitnam carried a mosin nogant sniper rifle. no name, a women who was called apache.

i have never been a fan of people that deal in absolutes. ie mosin nagant cant do 1 moa. no that means you cant do 1 moa.
    old saying,
    the person saying it cant be done just got passed by the guy who just did it.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Guys I think you are missing my point, I am not putting a dollar amount on my life. I just feel more comfortable having a non-expensive, quality gun sitting in a property room, than an expensive gun that may or may not be easily replaced. That's all I was trying too say. Yes I too can make money and buy more guns, I would be carrying a different pistol the same day I was allowed to go home. My Glock, chambered in .357sig that holds 15 rounds will get the job done. I would rather it sit in a property room, than a high end 1911.
    That's all I am saying.

that's fine.

I want the tool that I am most comfortable with in my hand when my life is on the line. If it means I'm out a few thousand dollars and never get my gun back, I really don't care. The fact that I'm even alive to think about something like that indicates that a piece of personal property isn't high on my list of important things.

High end 1911 or not, there are more, or I can have someone build me another one. If you're that attached to your gun, get a second identical one built.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I’ve learned a lot from this thread, none of which has anything to do with who is the best or worse firearms instructor. What I have learned is, firearms instructors will have an opinion on what firearms people should own and carry, usually based on what they own and carry or what firearms manufacture that they represent. I have also based my own opinion on firearms instruction, training is only as good as the instructor, the student, and the equipment, with that being said, you won’t know if any of them are worth a darn until they are put to the test and hopefully that is a test that we never have to take.

I do believe in firearms training, I think everyone should be able to safely and accurately fire their gun, I think in a stressful situation you should be able to make the right decision to shoot or not, and I think you should be able to rely on your gun to discharge first time, every time. Good luck with all of that, you’ll only know how good of student you were and how good the training was, if the necessity to use your firearm arises.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I like how it started with only a Glock or a 1911 in 9 or 45 was the only choice for a carry gun, and then at the end he makes a comment about your 1911 not working and going and getting a Glock. So he actually is saying that if you don't carry a Glock in 9 or 45 you are an idiot.

There are a lot of LEO that do not carry Glocks and a few that have and no longer do. Someone may want to clue them in to the error of their ways!

I don't dislike Glocks just picked up my XD45 first. I have shot thousands of rounds through it and only had to replace the roll pin in the slide(only because I have removed it a few times to clean it). It has always gone bang every time I pulled the trigger so I have no complaints.

I am not sure what the other guy was there for. He seemed to have trouble putting a complete sentence together.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Wh would anyone listen to this guy ramble??

For the same reason every one of the threads about his videos get thousands of views and tons of pages here on INGO. His whole thing is shtick and it works. Even the folks that bash him endless still watch his videos and increase his view count. And the more people spurn him in these threads, the more views he gets.

He wins when folks hate him as much as he wins when folks like him.

It's all about page views.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    For the same reason every one of the threads about his videos get thousands of views and tons of pages here on INGO. His whole thing is shtick and it works. Even the folks that bash him endless still watch his videos and increase his view count. And the more people spurn him in these threads, the more views he gets.

He wins when folks hate him as much as he wins when folks like him.

It's all about page views.
    It was the first and last one I will watch. The points are good but his opinion is a bit too slanted to be considered unbiased.

I found it odd that a lot of people don't like him, but continually post his videos to complain. If it was a waste of time then why watch it in the first place. I would not want to post one and waste anyone elses time. Like stated the more views he gets the better he thinks he is.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom