• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    This is an argument that will never make sense to me. I have no reservations about having an expensive pistol tied up in an evidence room because it did what I needed it to do...and I will just use one of my others in the mean time and be glad to be walking the Earth instead of 6' deep in it.

If this line of thinking were valid I would be looking to trade Ed Brown and HK for HiPoints...

Guns are expensive, you may change your mind if it was ever confiscated and you got it back in poor condition. You cannot sue the PD for not taking care of your gun, and they won't. I have heard stories of anti-gun cops in charge of property rooms that take guns and pour water on them or somehow get them wet and then let them rust. Don't know if it is true or not, but I will not take that chance myself, and continue to carry a Glock for that reason and many others. Just my :twocents:, if you don't mind taking the chance with your Ed Brown then that's your choice, there are too many variables involved with PD's in charge of your property. Also the nice stuff like that sometimes comes up missing or "lost" and you never see it again. A cop is less likely to steal something common like a Glock, and yes LEO's are people too, they do steal.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I'm a little late getting into this. I liked it!! he made some really good points and some really off the wall opinions (cz 75) but for the most part I really think he was spot on. Now for the drone standing next to him,LOL dude was out in left field and he made Yeager like good. And yes I'm a Glock fan but also a CZ fan***,, soooo.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    A great deal of INGOers have figured this part out. I would guess that he's going to capitalize on the controversial side of his business and start a television show. You know, the kind that most people hate to watch, but still do it?

Arggghhh! My two that I love to hate and hate to love are American Guns and Sons of Guns!!! :ar15:

:crying:

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Guns are expensive, you may change your mind if it was ever confiscated and you got it back in poor condition. You cannot sue the PD for not taking care of your gun, and they won't. I have heard stories of anti-gun cops in charge of property rooms that take guns and pour water on them or somehow get them wet and then let them rust. Don't know if it is true or not, but I will not take that chance myself, and continue to carry a Glock for that reason and many others. Just my :twocents:, if you don't mind taking the chance with your Ed Brown then that's your choice, there are too many variables involved with PD's in charge of your property. Also the nice stuff like that sometimes comes up missing or "lost" and you never see it again. A cop is less likely to steal something common like a Glock, and yes LEO's are people too, they do steal.

I understand your viewpoint, I just don't agree with it.

I will take my chances...just don't have a price tag on what I am willing to risk losing to an evidence room if used to protect myself or my family. I also realize that the same outcome can be achieved with less expensive tools but to me they are tools that fortunately have a low likelihood of ever being used in that setting...but I have no doubt if they are that they will do exactly what they are supposed to.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Suggesting that factory parts should be readily available at your local stores is silly. If you are defending yourself and your Glock breaks I don't think the bad guy is going to wait until you go get parts and come back.

Beavis and Butt-head could do a better review of carry guns.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A

I will take my chances...just don't have a price tag on what I am willing to risk losing to an evidence room if used to protect myself or my family. I also realize that the same outcome can be achieved with less expensive tools but to me they are tools that fortunately have a low likelihood of ever being used in that setting...but I have no doubt if they are that they will do exactly what they are supposed to.

I also understand yours, but my Glock will get the job done. And I too have other pistols that I can carry the day I am released. Yes I agree it is not likely that either one of us will be in that position.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

My Life > Cost of any firearm

I would be upset if the police misused my Glock, TRP or anything else, but I would be more happy that I was able to defend my life. The gun can be replaced and if it worked in a real-life situation, odds are I would purchase the same gun.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010

I can make more money. I'll just buy another gun.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Normal shock value vid from Yeager. Abrasive yes, controversial maybe, entertaining always. When you cut through the the chaff some of his points were pretty good.

I did not get the impression that his opinion of the 1911 has changed. He doesn't like hammers or safeties, so by default 1911s suck right? I think the point revolved more around accessibility to parts and holsters. If you are going to carry a gun you will need a good holster.

Your carry gun should be professional quality. In other words reliable and robust. Probably not bad advice.

Your gun should be something you can live with. Ok sure. Can you afford to own, lose, break, shoot the gun you have?

9mm or. 45 are the only choices. Hmmmmmm............. I would widen that out a bit and say that a self defense gun needs to be chambered with a readily available cartridge. .40 S&W meets that criteria. My guess for Yeager hatred of the .40 (othr then it makes your penis smaller) is that the cartridge is harder to shoot. Other then that I personally think .40, .357 sig, and 10mm are great cartridges. Before a person had choose between capacity or bigger bullet. Now you can have a mix of both.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I can make more money. I'll just buy another gun.

Guys I think you are missing my point, I am not putting a dollar amount on my life. I just feel more comfortable having a non-expensive, quality gun sitting in a property room, than an expensive gun that may or may not be easily replaced. That's all I was trying too say. Yes I too can make money and buy more guns, I would be carrying a different pistol the same day I was allowed to go home. My Glock, chambered in .357sig that holds 15 rounds will get the job done. I would rather it sit in a property room, than a high end 1911.
    That's all I am saying.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I don't care if the popo keep my gun, as long as I am not in the morgue. I have always felt that my carry gun was expendable and worth the money I spent on it if I had to use it for defense of myself or family.

M. Rockatansky

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Someone should also tell him that 9mm and .40 have the same pressure limit and that .40 is not a "high pressure" round.

Also, if anyone knows how to duplicate the pressure of matches without actually shooting any, I'm all ears, because I always shoot better in practice than matches and I know no other way to recreate that level of stress.

Ask a friend of yours to hold a camera and sit him downrange.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Yes, but there's no guarantee it will be done in a timely manner, nor is it likely to be returned in the condition in which it left. And sometimes, evidence just comes up "missing".

Depending on the 12 that may be sitting in the jurors stand, this may not be all that bad. ;)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Suggesting that factory parts should be readily available at your local stores is silly. If you are defending yourself and your Glock breaks I don't think the bad guy is going to wait until you go get parts and come back.

Beavis and Butt-head could do a better review of carry guns.

I think he's saying **** breaks and instead of being down a gun while searching for parts, he'd rather the parts be easily found.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    Yes, but there's no guarantee it will be done in a timely manner, nor is it likely to be returned in the condition in which it left. And sometimes, evidence just comes up "missing".

Speaking as someone who's actually had to get her heaters picked up from the po-po evidence locker, what does that have to do with anything?

So they take your (Glock/1911)? You go home and pull your backup (Glock/1911) out of the safe. Problem solved.

"Two is one and one is none", or so at least all the tactical types tell me. ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom